[DISCUSSION] CM11 Weekly builds by Arslan Kirmani

Search This thread

Arnel Babić

May 26, 2014
Zadar
Hello guys! This is my first post on XDA page so I would like to open a discussion about CM11 Weekly builds by Kirmani Arslan.
So,lets start.
For me: I tried every build (from 1. to 5.) and I can easily say that ROM is really smooth because of no FPS capping like on other CM11 ROMs.

Build no.1 Was the beggining of development of CM11 for our little Pico.
After a week using it,I found it very smooth,snappy and stable. Everbody started to using it. It showed how KitKat is used by legacy devices.
I found only one bug. Rebooting. After every reboot,my data gets lost and my phone starts again. This was very annoying so I was just waiting for a newer build.Finally,Arslan released a new build.

Build no.2. Devs are making huge progress by fixing almost all bugs. But they are still showing on testing. ROM keeps to be silky smooth. Bugs I found are: wallpaper managment.
Everytime I reboot,my wallpaper gets zoomed for some reason. Also,devs fixed the data loss problem appearing on previous build. I was very pleased to use the ROM.

Build no.3. Kirmani Arslan,Sachin Thomas and Terminal Unity (known as GalaxyFreak) are made ART compiler avalible for Pico users. Thats a huge suprise for Pico users. Also,they upgraded the Android version from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. Cool things about this build are:they moved from ARMV6 sources to ARMV7. That makes our phone snappier in form of performance and we can use ART! Also,we got the new blue dialer appearing in 4.4.3. Bugs I found: Really annoying graphical glitches, They are appearing as lines on screen when you touch it. I was hopping to fix that and VOILA! They were fixed in next build.! But not completely.

Build no.4. Devs put CM upstream so that made ROM pure CyanogenMod experience. Also,in build no.2,S2W and DT2W toggles were fixed so you could use them but a bug showing with using them. You can use them only if both of them are enabled. They also put a soundimage of HTC One M8. Problems (not bugs) occuring are: Sound volume at call,speaker volume at call and random reboots. That was not so annoying because reboots happened one in two days. But the call saund was not so good.

And latest BUILD no.5. They made huge progress. After putting it to CM upstream sources and fixing all display bugs,now they made sound quality great (but volume still remains the same). Thats not all,they updated Android version to latest KitKat: 4.4.4. That brought OpenSLL fixes,new web search engine and really cool CM wallpapers.Almost no bugs at all. Finally,they managed RAM usage to make phone more usable and making it as my daily driver. Now it is smoother,snappier more stable and no bugs. You can multitask more because of RAM management.

Comment your experiences!

Reactions: Hpsgill

Rjrocks22

May 3, 2014
Your's
Weekly Build 5 is obviously much better than other builds. :good: I like build 5 the most. Only one thing I didnt understood is the SD swap option in performance, what it is and how to use it? :confused:

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Weekly Build 5 is obviously much better than other builds. :good: I like build 5 the most. Only one thing I didnt understood is the SD swap option in performance, what it is and how to use it? :confused:

In Linux when we create a partition There is a option on creating swap memory.. Which acts as a virtual memory.. Means you can say virtual RAM.. When a physical RAM is not available.. the app will use virtual ram to run..

You can use it only when you have swap partition in you card..

You can get the swap memory but you need to partition your card again..

You can do it vis recovery or minitool..

Reactions: Rjrocks22

chrissmartin

Aug 27, 2011
Kottayam
I'm currently using class 4 8gb card with 1gb for ext (int-expansion),but for every single rom I use,restarts start when I install some apps.I ordered a SanDisk class 10 uhs-1 8gb card yesterday to do the same. will it solve my prob?

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I'm currently using class 4 8gb card with 1gb for ext (int-expansion),but for every single rom I use,restarts start when I install some apps.I ordered a SanDisk class 10 uhs-1 8gb card yesterday to do the same. will it solve my prob?

I dont think its related to the class of your card.. Might be due to problems in your partition.. Format the partition in your PC.. Then install apps.. Always make sure you clean wipe everything before flashing ROM.. Unclean flashing sometimes also leads to reboots..

Partition is the important thing.. Even if you use class 10 card..

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Am I the only one with the problem of battery drain? D:
sorry for my english..

No you are not the only one.. You can save a lil though by disabling backlight notification..

chrissmartin

Aug 27, 2011
Kottayam
I dont think its related to the class of your card.. Might be due to problems in your partition.. Format the partition in your PC.. Then install apps.. Always make sure you clean wipe everything before flashing ROM.. Unclean flashing sometimes also leads to reboots..

Partition is the important thing.. Even if you use class 10 card..

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I have used many roms...see pico isn't my primary phone and I don't want the phone capabilities but only a proper android device with apps working...I always flash roms after wiping everything data,system,cache,dalvik,ext etc...I don't think it's the problem of wiping...also when I flashed this CM rom,my phone got fixed from following bugs:
•When locking the system locks but screen turns on(i thought it was the switch but now it's working wonderfully)
•The system is very much responsive.

I have only formatted and partitioned the sd card through recovery (don't have a card reader)

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013

Attachments

• 1404468803983.jpg
    1404468803983.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Rjrocks22

dafide44

Jan 8, 2014
Verona
OnePlus 7T
You can download and install cPanel for Cody Kernel and disable BLN notifications. I also did the same thing which drastically improved the battery performance.
I installed cPanel but the problem didn't changed.. I still have the problem of the battery drain..
For the problem of S2W and DT2W i tried to flash the last cody kernel.. but the phone didn't boot..... what can i do?
sorry for my bad english

A

anonymous-user

galaxyfreaks CM11 RC2 Build

As I`m a new user I can`t post in the "Dev" thread, so can someone please pass/post this information on to galaxyfreaks thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535682

The playback of recorded footage from the camera has green screen, audio sounds can be heard, other than that and the already known bug of the browser not working its a great rom, also the battery lasts longer now aswell since the removal of device settings (bln,s2w etc)

Arnel Babić

May 26, 2014
Zadar
Thats normal

As I`m a new user I can`t post in the "Dev" thread, so can someone please pass/post this information on to galaxyfreaks thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535682

The playback of recorded footage from the camera has green screen, audio sounds can be heard, other than that and the already known bug of the browser not working its a great rom, also the battery lasts longer now aswell since the removal of device settings (bln,s2w etc)

Green screen is normal. I know that browser and vieo recording are not working but Terminal (galaxyfreak) told me he will release fix very soon so dont worry. as for the battery,it has the best backup among cm11 roms!

Arnel Babić

May 26, 2014
Zadar

I installed cPanel but the problem didn't changed.. I still have the problem of the battery drain..
For the problem of S2W and DT2W i tried to flash the last cody kernel.. but the phone didn't boot..... what can i do?
sorry for my bad english

You know,if you are on w6,change back to w5. it is much better. or you can try rc2. but few prblems occuring like browser derped and camcoder. ;) :p

Arnel Babić

May 26, 2014
Zadar

what rom were you using when that happened? i own uhs-1 class sd card from sandisk 16gb and i have no problems. i think they wont occure on your sd too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys! This is my first post on XDA page so I would like to open a discussion about CM11 Weekly builds by Kirmani Arslan.
    So,lets start.
    For me: I tried every build (from 1. to 5.) and I can easily say that ROM is really smooth because of no FPS capping like on other CM11 ROMs.

Build no.1 Was the beggining of development of CM11 for our little Pico.
    After a week using it,I found it very smooth,snappy and stable. Everbody started to using it. It showed how KitKat is used by legacy devices.
    I found only one bug. Rebooting. After every reboot,my data gets lost and my phone starts again. This was very annoying so I was just waiting for a newer build.Finally,Arslan released a new build.

Build no.2. Devs are making huge progress by fixing almost all bugs. But they are still showing on testing. ROM keeps to be silky smooth. Bugs I found are: wallpaper managment.
    Everytime I reboot,my wallpaper gets zoomed for some reason. Also,devs fixed the data loss problem appearing on previous build. I was very pleased to use the ROM.

Build no.3. Kirmani Arslan,Sachin Thomas and Terminal Unity (known as GalaxyFreak) are made ART compiler avalible for Pico users. Thats a huge suprise for Pico users. Also,they upgraded the Android version from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. Cool things about this build are:they moved from ARMV6 sources to ARMV7. That makes our phone snappier in form of performance and we can use ART! Also,we got the new blue dialer appearing in 4.4.3. Bugs I found: Really annoying graphical glitches, They are appearing as lines on screen when you touch it. I was hopping to fix that and VOILA! They were fixed in next build.! But not completely.

Build no.4. Devs put CM upstream so that made ROM pure CyanogenMod experience. Also,in build no.2,S2W and DT2W toggles were fixed so you could use them but a bug showing with using them. You can use them only if both of them are enabled. They also put a soundimage of HTC One M8. Problems (not bugs) occuring are: Sound volume at call,speaker volume at call and random reboots. That was not so annoying because reboots happened one in two days. But the call saund was not so good.

And latest BUILD no.5. They made huge progress. After putting it to CM upstream sources and fixing all display bugs,now they made sound quality great (but volume still remains the same). Thats not all,they updated Android version to latest KitKat: 4.4.4. That brought OpenSLL fixes,new web search engine and really cool CM wallpapers.Almost no bugs at all. Finally,they managed RAM usage to make phone more usable and making it as my daily driver. Now it is smoother,snappier more stable and no bugs. You can multitask more because of RAM management.

Comment your experiences!

In Linux when we create a partition There is a option on creating swap memory.. Which acts as a virtual memory.. Means you can say virtual RAM.. When a physical RAM is not available.. the app will use virtual ram to run..

You can use it only when you have swap partition in you card..

You can get the swap memory but you need to partition your card again..

You can do it vis recovery or minitool..
    Has anyone tried Xposed framework on Weekly build 5?

Yes I have tried and m using it.. Install version 2.6.1

Sent from my Explorer A310e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app