Stock ROM?

Search This thread

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
I got a stock Rogers phone. If you can tell me what to do I can try doing it.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Tell me how and I'll do it

i actually dont know how but was told to flash chainfires kernel that gives adb and dd system to img.

hes actually going to make a dump of his att i317, you could flash that but have an att /system but it will work at least. not sure when it be ready. if i wasnt rooted or anything id try it myself aparently there are guides all over google

Reactions: twanskys204

ZedZardoz

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
i actually dont know how but was told to flash chainfires kernel that gives adb and dd system to img.

hes actually going to make a dump of his att i317, you could flash that but have an att /system but it will work at least. not sure when it be ready. if i wasnt rooted or anything id try it myself aparently there are guides all over google

I too would love to contribute as my AT&T i317 is on the truck for delivery.

The various guides confuse me with the various models they present. These often having different file names and mount points.

I did find this gem on http://opensource.samsung.com/ but I'm too noob to know what it's good for:

Model: SGH-I317
Version: LJ2
Source Code: SGH-I317_ATT_JB_Opensource.zip

If a procedure can be described in detail how I can dump the TAR from "virgin" phone, that could go a long ways.

kirbo20

Nov 29, 2006
I'm still waiting on mine but Kies can usually restore the phone. Have you tried that?

Kies dose not recognize my device

same here ... tells me hardware ID can not be found .... smfh ... be the last time i flash something someone posts right away lol ... guess my jollies shot before my knowlwdge in this situation ... tried flashing the original kernel from samsung .. cant even get that too work becuz odin keeps crashing

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
For stock Rom,
We need 2 phones with unmodified stock rom.

I have Rogers Note 2 all stock still and if we can get one more person same, we can get stock Rom zip to be flashed through odin.

Yday I ordered mine from Rogers. No email from them today thus they send it on Monday. Hope to get it on Wednesday.

PM me if you can wait sooo long..

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
I think we r gonna hafto wait till some official fw hits....cross fingers it happens soon

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

breezeli

Feb 14, 2010
Massapequa, NY
Add me to the list of the poor schmoes stuck on boot logo. Guess I have to wait on ATT fw release. This sucks, 4 hours in and I blew it. Don't even know what I did wrong, was fine until I rebooted.

llsektorll

Aug 1, 2009
Saskatoon
Add me to the list of the poor schmoes stuck on boot logo. Guess I have to wait on ATT fw release. This sucks, 4 hours in and I blew it. Don't even know what I did wrong, was fine until I rebooted.

Same problem here... if you want to use ur phone with WIFI only and have CWM installed then just install Venidroid.... radio won't work because its a N7100 ROM but you can still use the phone (stylus won't work) to show off xD

plus i think Veindroid has one of the coolest boot screens I've ever seen xD

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943944

balpreetsaini

Anyone have instructions on how to do this. Would love to help out

if some of us can still get into TWRP ... someone should be kind to upload and fileshare there backup of there stock rom ... all we would have to do is copy it to our backup folder in TWRP ... thanks to someone if they make it possible

....... i have also tried to WIPE davlik ... cache ... and factory reset ...... along with fix permissions ...... last one left is system ... but i dont want to do that until someone can provide there clean backup on TWRP

Last edited:

malinois16

Jun 28, 2012
Duson, LA
if some of us can still get into TWRP ... someone should be kind to upload and fileshare there backup of there stock rom ... all we would have to do is copy it to our backup folder in TWRP ... thanks to someone if they make it possible

....... i have also tried to WIPE davlik ... cache ... and factory reset ...... along with fix permissions ...... last one left is system ... but i dont want to do that until someone can provide there clean backup on TWRP

Give me a few ill link to dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6sr35v59dt9r5cx/n0QQ8ogxQI

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts