Cricket Galaxy S3 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

newbreedsoftware

Mar 4, 2009
Carson City
Anyone know of any custom kernels that will work on CM11 Android 4.4.2? I have been trying to get my SELinuxMode changed to permissive but no matter what I do it goes back to Enforcing. I have tried adding the 08setperm file in /ect/init.d after making sure I have Init.d permissions using the Universal init.d app. I also tried using the SELinuxModeChanger app.

Device: Cricket S3 SCH-R530C

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Anyone know of any custom kernels that will work on CM11 Android 4.4.2? I have been trying to get my SELinuxMode changed to permissive but no matter what I do it goes back to Enforcing. I have tried adding the 08setperm file in /ect/init.d after making sure I have Init.d permissions using the Universal init.d app. I also tried using the SELinuxModeChanger app.

Try dkp kernel, if your cricket is using the Verizon towers then you'll need dkp for d2vzw.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: newbreedsoftware

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Thank you I will try that!

So I was told by both Verizon and Sprint that since my S3 connects to old CDMA Cricket towers it will not work on there's. Would flashing a different modem possibly resolve this issue or is it old hardware?
I'm not sure, using different modems can brick the device so don't flash any kind of modem if you don't see anything documented that says it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually. The cricket GS3 is basically the USCC GS3 with a different modem. So, they're very similar. Exactly why its in this forum.
    Now that my Cricket R530C 4.4.2 is Rooted, How do I add APN?
    (APN Pro Fails).

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Fixed:
    Used APN Shortcut

Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mraab.apnshortcut&hl=en

Works Great!

Try dkp kernel, if your cricket is using the Verizon towers then you'll need dkp for d2vzw.