[Q] Unlock and install CROMi-X

Search This thread

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Installation is finished and all is fine :)

I'll give some time to the system to create its cache and become fast but my first feelings :

- CROMI-X setup : it's GUI is impressive, I'd like to see that quality in many other android tools (I'm in software engineering)
- I did no wipe of the previous setup (my apps) so now I have a mix of my previous apps + the new apps from CROMI-X installation. Maybe if I feel that it's not as fast as it should, then later I'll do a new setup with a first wipe of my current config.
- I have now 200 DPI. At last !! Change DPI was my reason in 2012 to root my tab and it was lost with stock kernel upgrade. Now it's back :)

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton

I'll give some time to the system to create its cache and become fast but my first feelings :

- CROMI-X setup : it's GUI is impressive, I'd like to see that quality in many other android tools (I'm in software engineering)
- I did no wipe of the previous setup (my apps) so now I have a mix of my previous apps + the new apps from CROMI-X installation. Maybe if I feel that it's not as fast as it should, then later I'll do a new setup with a first wipe of my current config.
- I have now 200 DPI. At last !! Change DPI was my reason in 2012 to root my tab and it was lost with stock kernel upgrade. Now it's back :)

Well done mate, for a clean install you need to enter recovery then go wipe and swipe factory reset, then enter advanced and select the top 4 boxes and swipe. Then then instal your new rom.

Reactions: Ghorin

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Well done mate, for a clean install you need to enter recovery then go wipe and swipe factory reset, then enter advanced and select the top 4 boxes and swipe. Then then instal your new rom.

Yes but for that I will need a micro-sdcard to save my backup before the swipe factory reset.

Below are the result of my benchmarks with very big difference from one tool to the other. Anyway bench tools don't say everything, it does not test how i personnaly use the tab. And for the moment I have the feeling that it's faster, smoother. But I'll tell more after a few hours.

Code:
antutu11483=> 12863     +10,45 %
CF-Bench14200=>14198       =
Quadrant4027=> 5871        +45,8%

Last edited:

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Thank you Maxal for your help, now i feel confident to do it again :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks man, as you say i'm on your train :)

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Yes but for that I will need a micro-sdcard to save my backup before the swipe factory reset.

If you do a Factory Reset in TWRP it will wipe the data partition except for the data/media folder where your files and most likely your backups are located.
That said: It still is a VERY good idea to backup those files on your computer or a microSD before you wipe! Better safe than sorry :D

But don't be surprised if your personal data is still intact after a factory reset. Your apps will be gone though (except for those installed on the system partition).
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
In fact I don't know if I'm going to flash again the rom : right now it's working fine and I don't know if, after a factory reset, i will have better performance. After a factory reset I would have to build again from scratch all my personal configuration (launcher desktops, mail, ...) and it's a lot of work.
On other point, I have flashed the deodex rom, would it be better to flash the odex rom ?
Thanks

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
After the dalvik-cache is built (at the first start after flashing), there is no performance difference between deodex and odex.

Thank you _that, I'll keep to deodex then :)

I've read again the features of CROMI-X rom and I finally decided to do a full wipe/factory reset and flash again the rom. That way I should have a cleaned installation of my tab without all my old apps and data. I'll do that tonight probably :)

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
I've bougth a microSD card 32GB that i have formatted to NTFS, it mounts fine on my tab with android but with TWRP i cannot mount it. It's in the list of file systems but i cannot select the checkbox to mount it.

Moreover i wanted to copy my TWRP backup but it doesn't copy all files, only small files are copied. I had tbe same issue when copying to my pc via usb. Any idea ? The problem is that i want to do a clean install of cromi-x and so i want to wipe everything before installation.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've bougth a microSD card 32GB that i have formatted to NTFS, it mounts fine on my tab with android but with TWRP i cannot mount it. It's in the list of file systems but i cannot select the checkbox to mount it.

Moreover i wanted to copy my TWRP backup but it doesn't copy all files, only small files are copied. I had tbe same issue when copying to my pc via usb. Any idea ? The problem is that i want to do a clean install of cromi-x and so i want to wipe everything before installation.

NTFS doesn't work in TWRP. You'll have to use Fat32

Reactions: jt1998

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Oh i should have thought about that.

jt1998

Jul 1, 2013
Houston

can't be formatted to NTFS for installation purposes with recovery like TWRP. Has to be FAT32 or exFAT. I've tried personally and learned the hard way. Just search in these forums - its been covered numerous times.

Hope that helps.

TOO SLOW I guess - just saw the above replies, lol

Last edited:

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
You were both rights : NTFS is not good for TWRP. I've formatted my microSD card to exFAT and it's working fine now in all my needs (PC/win7, tf700/android, tf700/TWRP).

My other issue (copy my TWRP backup) outside my internal SD card is also resolved : TWRP was able to copy it from my internal SD card to my microSD card while it did not work within my computer (via usb) or within android (even with a root file explorer).

So now I have :
- Internal SD card
- CROMI-X zip file containing the custom rom to install
- TWRP backup of my stock configuration
- Titanium backup of all user and system apps
- External microSD card

I believe I have secured everything before booting up to TWRP and do full wipe and then new clean installation of CROMI-X.

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
You were both rights : NTFS is not good for TWRP. I've formatted my microSD card to exFAT and it's working fine now in all my needs (PC/win7, tf700/android, tf700/TWRP).

My other issue (copy my TWRP backup) outside my internal SD card is also resolved : TWRP was able to copy it from my internal SD card to my microSD card while it did not work within my computer (via usb) or within android (even with a root file explorer).

So now I have :
- Internal SD card
- External microSD card

I believe I have secured everything before booting up to TWRP and do full wipe and then new clean installation of CROMI-X.

Sounds good mate you are learning fast. When you feel more confident with flashing and wiping you may want to try formating data found in the wipe box, this will format your internal sd card for a totally clean install. You would then install a rom from your inserted/external micro sd card on a formatted internal sd card.

Reactions: Ghorin

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
Sounds good mate you are learning fast. When you feel more confident with flashing and wiping you may want to try formating data found in the wipe box, this will format your internal sd card for a totally clean install. You would then install a rom from your inserted/external micro sd card on a formatted internal sd card.

Thanks for the compliment (learning fast) :)

I've done factory reset and flash has started (from my external microSD card)

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
The flash did no work : i check "verify the zip signature" but then it start the check and all went black after few minutes. I waited about 5 more minutes but nothing so i decided to force start the tablet and i was back on android with new parameters to put (factory reset).

I have gone back to TWRP and start again the install (without check the zip signature) and now i'm in aroma for installation :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glad you got it working. Welcome aboard the CROMi-X train. :D
    On other point, I have flashed the deodex rom, would it be better to flash the odex rom ?

After the dalvik-cache is built (at the first start after flashing), there is no performance difference between deodex and odex.

NTFS doesn't work in TWRP. You'll have to use Fat32

So now I have :
    - Internal SD card
    - External microSD card