Notification sound every 5 minutes

Search This thread

jayman1986

Sep 3, 2010
London
Hi,
I have a sim free galaxy s4 on Vodafone and updated to 4.3 yesterday.

Since today I've noticed that exactly every 5 minutes without fail I get a message notification sound. I don't actually get a notification of any sort but I keep getting that message sound. If my phone is on silent then it vibrates like I have a message.

It took a while to figure out why my phone was randomly vibrating in my pocket or sounding message notification while it was placed beside me but after an hour of constant observation, I've finally managed to pin it down to the fact that it is just making the sound exactly when the clock turns to multiples of five and also it is in 5, 10, 15, 20 etc not other random times. .. .

Does anyone else have this problem? This is not only a weird problem but is getting extremely annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9505

jayman1986

Sep 3, 2010
London
It was in settings> accessibility>notification reminder. I had it set to 5 minutes hence it kept going of every 5 minutes. So I just turned it off.

Only thing I can't explain is why it kept going of when it's supposed to be a reminder of unread messages. But I didn't have any unread message but it still went off.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Reactions: Leviticus83

thetechshop

Aug 13, 2012
www.thetechshop.weebly.com
Thanks Jayman1986

It was in settings> accessibility>notification reminder. I had it set to 5 minutes hence it kept going of every 5 minutes. So I just turned it off.

Only thing I can't explain is why it kept going of when it's supposed to be a reminder of unread messages. But I didn't have any unread message but it still went off.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Thanks for the solution Jayman1986. I had the same problem. At first I thought it was random until I took the time to time the noitfications alerts.
I couldn't figure out why it was alerting me either. Thanks for solving the problem.

ambermsmith1987

Jun 23, 2014
peaceful

[ QUOTE=jayman1986;47917774]Hi,
I have a sim free galaxy s4 on Vodafone and updated to 4.3 yesterday.

Since today I've noticed that exactly every 5 minutes without fail I get a message notification sound. I don't actually get a notification of any sort but I keep getting that message sound. If my phone is on silent then it vibrates like I have a message.

It took a while to figure out why my phone was randomly vibrating in my pocket or sounding message notification while it was placed beside me but after an hour of constant observation, I've finally managed to pin it down to the fact that it is just making the sound exactly when the clock turns to multiples of five and also it is in 5, 10, 15, 20 etc not other random times. .. .

Does anyone else have this problem? This is not only a weird problem but is getting extremely annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9505[/QUOTE]

um ok so I have no idea how this works but OMFG. Like I will love you forever getting that to stop. It was literally going to drive me crazy. Thank you like a million times!!!!!

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

As the issue was now solved can you add a [SOLVED] tag to the title?

Thanks,
~Lord

K9b

Jan 3, 2016
Thank you men!!!! I was about to trow the phone on the toilet.... Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my GT-I9505