A custom rom question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Pennycake

Nov 20, 2012
Rupert
It'd probably hard brick it, yeah. Your impatience and accusatory attitude is pretty off putting and I almost didn't respond because of it. Not getting a reply isn't anything personal against you or a reflection on anyone's kindness or lack thereof (maybe they just didn't know, maybe they were off saving orphan kittens) , chillax please.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: todopertin

sauja

Apr 29, 2013
Could I flash a custom rom intended for a mediatek device to a qualcomm device? Does chip manufacturer matter in this case? I have a qualcomm snapdragon 200 quadcore processor device. I want to slow it down and cannot find a custom rom for this chipset. Please help.

first mediatek and qualcomm are two different manufactures of SoCs
The s/w( Kernel+drivers+android stack) will be very very different for both of them
NEVER EVER EVER flash a rom that is not made specifically to your device, there are some vendor files which are unique
Also like PC motherboards, a phone that uses the same processor will have different modules(GPS, Bluetooth.....)

In Short: NO, you cannot flash a custom rom intended for a mediatek device to a qualcomm device

for you second question, "I want to slow it down" , if it means you want to underclock, use any of the app listed on http://appcrawlr.com/android-apps/best-apps-cpu-clock

Reactions: todopertin

PradeepMurugan

Oct 2, 2013
Karur
Could I flash a custom rom intended for a mediatek device to a qualcomm device? Does chip manufacturer matter in this case? I have a qualcomm snapdragon 200 quadcore processor device. I want to slow it down and cannot find a custom rom for this chipset. Please help.

You should not flash a rom of other device rom in your device even if it has same Chipset
It will hard/soft brick your device depends on kernel/bootloader included in rom
Only flash roms of your device
Search in your device forum to get roms

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I have already rooted it but I dont think I can underclock it without a custom rom.

Sent from my Q500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can underclock using a CPU governor or init.d script

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It'd probably hard brick it, yeah. Your impatience and accusatory attitude is pretty off putting and I almost didn't respond because of it. Not getting a reply isn't anything personal against you or a reflection on anyone's kindness or lack thereof (maybe they just didn't know, maybe they were off saving orphan kittens) , chillax please.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

first mediatek and qualcomm are two different manufactures of SoCs
    The s/w( Kernel+drivers+android stack) will be very very different for both of them
    NEVER EVER EVER flash a rom that is not made specifically to your device, there are some vendor files which are unique
    Also like PC motherboards, a phone that uses the same processor will have different modules(GPS, Bluetooth.....)

In Short: NO, you cannot flash a custom rom intended for a mediatek device to a qualcomm device

for you second question, "I want to slow it down" , if it means you want to underclock, use any of the app listed on http://appcrawlr.com/android-apps/best-apps-cpu-clock
    Thanks so much for the info. If I havent flashed any custom rom, still could I underclock it with those apps?

You need to root the device first
    Again rooting is device specific( android=>open source=>many devices :))
    be sure to search the rooting method for your device.