[Q] Nexus 7 vs Nexus 8?

Search This thread

NerdyNoob

Jan 29, 2014
Here's the deal: I bought a Nexus 7 on September 2013 and got another one on the 26th May. A day later, rumors that the Nexus 8 is going to be released on 25th June.

Should I get rid of the my Nexus 7 and wait for the 8 or continue using the 7?
Thoughts on the rumored nexus 8 with a 64bit processor and Android 4.5?

Rahul721

Feb 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Here's the deal: I bought a Nexus 7 on September 2013 and got another one on the 26th May. A day later, rumors that the Nexus 8 is going to be released on 25th June.

If you want to sell it I think now would be the time since when the Nexus 8 releases you wont be able to sell it for as much. Google always improves the next gen of their devices by a lot. Also I'm guessing that Android 4.5 will be the first android to fully support 64 bit

rafalniski

May 28, 2014

I would stay with 2013 version. You surly will be able to upgrade it to 4.5.

Hid3away

Apr 28, 2014
If you want to sell it I think now would be the time since when the Nexus 8 releases you wont be able to sell it for as much. Google always improves the next gen of their devices by a lot. Also I'm guessing that Android 4.5 will be the first android to fully support 64 bit

There's more money to be made with mobile devices then tablets, i doubt nexus 8 will be 64bit, they'd save that for their next phone..

brett_day

I just purchased my Nexus 7 the other day knowing full well that the Google I/O was right around the corner. Knowing the Nexus 8 is right around the corner did not bother me.

Here's the deal with new hardware.....especially new devices with new technology....they fail, a lot, and until Google/Asus/whoever makes the device get all the kinks worked out I would stay away. First batches of new products always have issues.

Look at what you use your tablet for now? Does it do everything you need it to do? Does it do those things well? For me browsing the web, streaming from my Plex Media server, listening to music, playing the occasional game, and using the tablet in my car are all handled perfectly by the N7, no extra power needed for that :) The N7 will be able to keep up with most tablets and will be able to run almost every app for a long while yet :)

Reactions: NerdyNoob

downwiththebanksters

May 28, 2011
Taiwan
I just purchased my Nexus 7 the other day knowing full well that the Google I/O was right around the corner. Knowing the Nexus 8 is right around the corner did not bother me.

Here's the deal with new hardware.....especially new devices with new technology....they fail, a lot, and until Google/Asus/whoever makes the device get all the kinks worked out I would stay away. First batches of new products always have issues.

Look at what you use your tablet for now? Does it do everything you need it to do? Does it do those things well? For me browsing the web, streaming from my Plex Media server, listening to music, playing the occasional game, and using the tablet in my car are all handled perfectly by the N7, no extra power needed for that :) The N7 will be able to keep up with most tablets and will be able to run almost every app for a long while yet :)

I agree, my 2013 was a big improvement in every way from my 2012, but even with an 801 anything the new one brings to the table can only be an incremental upgrade. If it is an HTC boom sound-like array it might sway me, but I'm really happy. They say it will no longer be bargain basement pricing too, which was/is nice.

Reactions: brett_day

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I agree, my 2013 was a big improvement in every way from my 2012, but even with an 801 anything the new one brings to the table can only be an incremental upgrade. If it is an HTC boom sound-like array it might sway me, but I'm really happy. They say it will no longer be bargain basement pricing too, which was/is nice.

exactly, unless it's a huge upgrade in terms of specs and design, it will just be another baby step

pchandarana28

Aug 7, 2013
Leicester

Agreed, if you are going to sell it, do it now as once it comes out the value for nexus 7 will drop alot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's more money to be made with mobile devices then tablets, i doubt nexus 8 will be 64bit, they'd save that for their next phone..

Maybe, I'm putting dibs that it'll have the Snapdragon 801