Please close this thread

Search This thread

GatorRuss

Dec 2, 2007
Alright, I just did this. I will report back on whether or not this is a permanent solution to the battery issue after I kill my phone, and try to re-charge it.

***EDIT***

Since I have stopped charging my phone, I have been playing Osmos HD on full brightness, and my phone has stalled, and rebooted, thrice. I don't know if this is battery heat related, or ROM related. :/

Last edited:

xateeq

Oct 19, 2010
Can any one report back about the the results of charge and discharge max percentage cos for me getting 100% is no problem but on next charge % starts to drop and phone says charged on 95+%

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

GatorRuss

Dec 2, 2007
Alright, I'm on Phase II of the test..."The Re-Charge"

I did what the instructions said, and I had my battery at 100%, which I then killed to ~1% until it shut off. The phone is now turned off, and charging.

In the past, when I would charge it to get it to show 100%, and dis-charge so that it would shut off, it would never fully charge to show 100%; it would stop at 90% when the phone was off, and between 90-95% when the phone was on. We'll see if this is a permanent fix in a few hours when we commence Phase III..."Profit."

S

Soldier-2Point0

Can any one report back about the the results of charge and discharge max percentage cos for me getting 100% is no problem but on next charge % starts to drop and phone says charged on 95+%

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

I believe battery power used while in CWM is not reported and when you boot up battery stats get messed up. You can clearly see it when you spend a lot of time in recovery then reboot and check battery stats. You will see a black line running down your stats. Trust me, this is why everyone's battery stats are not in calibration.

Sent from my MB860 CM7 Nightly latest version. Leave your charger at home! XDA Premium

S

Soldier-2Point0

Alright, I just did this. I will report back on whether or not this is a permanent solution to the battery issue after I kill my phone, and try to re-charge it.

***EDIT***

Since I have stopped charging my phone, I have been playing Osmos HD on full brightness, and my phone has stalled, and rebooted, thrice. I don't know if this is battery heat related, or ROM related. :/

Dude, never kill your phone! Get it down to 1% at the most, but don't let it die! This is another reason why stats are getting corrupted. If the status bar read 100% and your voltage is 4200mV you are calibrated!

Sent from my MB860 CM7 Nightly latest version. Leave your charger at home! XDA Premium

GatorRuss

Dec 2, 2007
Dude, never kill your phone! Get it down to 1% at the most, but don't let it die! This is another reason why stats are getting corrupted. If the status bar read 100% and your voltage is 4200mV you are calibrated!

Oh well, I guess it's a little late for that. :eek:

I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow when I'm screwing around with the battery.

S

Soldier-2Point0

Will do.

I know it's not a big deal, as long as the battery is charging to 4200, but for some reason, I want to see the 100%. lol

So then my friend, follow my instructions. :thumbup:

S

Soldier-2Point0

Instructions are updated to add voltage checking App or Widget. :D

Last edited:

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
Read the beginning of my post. I stated that a VERY TEDIOUS and non working method exists.

*To all other readers. Try my procedure and you be the judge.

I don't see how the instructions in my thread are any more tedious or not working than yours, since the steps in my tutorial written over 4 months ago (steps 5 through 11) are exactly the same as in your tutorial.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16240746<br />

Frankly, I don't care which instructions people follow as long as it gets their problems fixed. But there was no reason for yet another battery life thread.
I didn't invent these steps. This was a common knowledge posted by many different people in many threads before.

Last edited:

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
I don't see how the instructions in my thread are any more tedious or not working than yours, since the steps in my tutorial written over 4 months ago (steps 5 through 11) are exactly the same as in your tutorial.

Frankly, I don't care which instructions people follow as long as it gets their problems fixed. But there was no reason for yet another battery life thread.
I didn't invent these steps. This was a common knowledge posted by many different people in many threads before.

"Open Root Explorer App and navigate to "/data/battd" delete all the files except uid."

I'm a bit tired so maybe I missed it but where's that step in your guide?

CaelanT

Sorry OP, but this is true!

Reactions: msd24200
S

Soldier-2Point0

Your process works great if you don't have a job. My method effective and does not suffer from OCD. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read the beginning of my post. I stated that a VERY TEDIOUS and non working method exists.

*To all other readers. Try my procedure and you be the judge.

Sorry OP, but this is true!
    I spent many, many, many wasted hours..and lots of $$$ trying to get the Atrix to play nice with battery calibration. In my experience...and I own 3 Atrix(s), all methods to get your battery to show 100% only work for one time. The very next charge it will begin to top out at less than 100%. I finally had to stop messing around at it was just consuming too much time, and also taking a lithium ion battery all the way down close to empty is really bad for them. Ideally to make your battery last the longest, more charge cycles of 'medium' depletion or much, much better than deep cycles.

Here is a great, very well researched page on lithium ion batteries:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

After I read this a few months ago, I stopped all my OCD issues of trying to get 100% and just being happy seeing the 4200mV.

Just my 2 cents...by all means keep popping off those cases, pulling batteries, and cycling away...God know I did my more than my fair share of it! :)
    I spent many, many, many wasted hours..and lots of $$$ trying to get the Atrix to play nice with battery calibration. In my experience...and I own 3 Atrix(s), all methods to get your battery to show 100% only work for one time. The very next charge it will begin to top out at less than 100%. I finally had to stop messing around at it was just consuming too much time, and also taking a lithium ion battery all the way down close to empty is really bad for them. Ideally to make your battery last the longest, more charge cycles of 'medium' depletion or much, much better than deep cycles.

Here is a great, very well researched page on lithium ion batteries:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

After I read this a few months ago, I stopped all my OCD issues of trying to get 100% and just being happy seeing the 4200mV.

Just my 2 cents...by all means keep popping off those cases, pulling batteries, and cycling away...God know I did my more than my fair share of it! :)

Same here as this is the same method I've used for months and it works unless you let the battery get to low then it's back to inaccurate again even after several cycles.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium