[Q] Bricked?

Search This thread

atsa1

Dec 5, 2010
Hello.

Tried to install ClockworkMOD but ended up with a pretty bad mess.
From the day i bought this phone, i never had a download or recovery mode (none of the key combinations worked).
Only way i got it to download was adb. Once in download mode used odin (from manual) but after the download complete phone rebooted and i ended up with this brick i cant even use to build some walls.
Now when i connect the USB cable my computer sees only Media device and 2 SD card appare in My Computer but can't access them.
If i turn on the phone first and then plug in cable the Media device keeps popping on and off and phone just reboots constantly (see video).
Is the only way to do thing the hardware mod (jTag). Remind you: Never had a recovery or download mode on this phone.
And i'm still confused: is this the Samsung I9000 or the Korean M110S?
SSN tells me it's M110S korean but phone itself looks exactly like i9000 and the piece on top of the sim card is plastic (not metal) like described in one thread.

#IMEI: 354781/04/570596/6 <-Fixed
MODEL: GT-I9000
SSN: -I9000GSMH
FCC ID: A3LGTI9000

You can see the videos here. dropbox.com/sh/23vkbp6pudepahe/7yna5YNM0K

Is there anything i can to do fix this? Will jTag help or no?

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

atsa1

Dec 5, 2010
#IMEI: 354781/04/570596/6 //sry had one little 7 more that's why it didn't work. i had 3547781/

Well i checked from the imei.info link that was on the other thread and it gave me this: imei.info/?imei=354781045705966
so it's I9000 Galaxy S
i try to read other threads for more info.

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
#IMEI: 354781/04/570596/6 //sry had one little 7 more that's why it didn't work. i had 3547781/

Well i checked from the imei.info link that was on the other thread and it gave me this: imei.info/?imei=354781045705966
so it's I9000 Galaxy S
i try to read other threads for more info.
ok, so follow the tutorial and flash a gingerbread ROM (JVU attached) or a rescue kit with PIT file and repartition ticked as guided, also remove all baggage like SIM card and Ext SD card. you should format your Internal SD card but since you cannot boot, lets hope it works...read the unbricking guides in the second post too.

take note of all errors appearing on screen, if possible take snap shot of it, I can oly get back to you tomorrow, as its time for me to quit. Good night.

atsa1

Dec 5, 2010
Thank's for the effort but... you didn't see the videos from my dropbox?
No normal PC connection what so ever. I9000 shows up in device manager as Removable device and My computer as 2 SD Cards.
ADB says: No device found and neither the odin sees the phone.

Since the only thing i tried to install was ClockworkMOD i cant imagine what i was doing wrong.
Followed a tutorial that sayed to use adb to get download mode (that worked since i have the stock rom without combo button) and use Odin: Auto Reboot ticked and F. Reset ticked. All others unticked.
Chose a PDA file and click start. So phone was downloading and then reboot. Odin says OK and all green. And then was this. Phone never got out from the constant reboot mode. (i try to find the manual i used).

//Additional info: Tutorial and files i used http://www.androible.com/root-install-clockworkmod-recovery-galaxy-s-gt-i9000

So again in the other words: I have tried linux and windows. Different computers and still all they see is Removable device (2 drives) and that's it.
adb wont connect to phone and neither any others.
Read a lot: Shall i continue with the internal storage fix maby? Messed partition somehow?
I'm unable to flash anything on this phone since no combo download mode (Thank's to the stock 2.1 update1)

Oh yeah. Almost forgot: When i remove the battery to force off my phone. Reinsert the battery. Now when i put the charger on and try to charge the phone i still get the same screen on my phone as on video 2. It's not showing me th enormal charging icon (aka big battery filling up) just the frozen ring in the middle of the screen what will dissapare after i remove the cable in about a minute.

Shall i go with this? http://rootzwiki.com/topic/8726-sgs-i9000-unbrickable-mod/

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Thank's for the effort but... you didn't see the videos from my dropbox?
yes, saw it and noted it and was hoping you had flashed a ROM with the CWM you had tried sucessfully., which seems not the case.

your problem is there because

1) you had a JM1 ROM on your i9000 ( which is the initial realese without recovery or download function, you only need to use KIES or ADB or USB JIG to update this to Gingerbread 2.3.6 and would not have any problems)

2) But you flashed a CWM, what version? as 2.1 (JM1) does not have a working CWM ( so your phone cannot boot)

How to solve:

you use USB JIG ( about a few dollars to less tan a dollar in ebay) to get download mode or you try methods in
pinned.png
[Tutorial][A.I.O. Rescue & Recovery] My Android Solutions. [Help & Troubleshooting]
which would be impossible if it is using JM1 ROM, ( only KIES, ADB and USB JIG is for sure to connect) But give the battery pull method a try. or install KIES older version and try, easiest would be buy or borrow the USB JIG.

Once you have download mode, you can flash the Gingerbread 2.3.6 ROM package to solve your problem as given in earlier tutorial.