[Q] Flashing Firmware from B119 to B120

Search This thread

NicholasMarzio

Jan 26, 2014
Cape Town
Hey everyone

I have a P6-U06 which is locked to my carrier (Vodacom) and I want to flash CM10.1 to my phone but I need to be on B118 or B120. So the problem I am having is when I try flash the Firmware I get a Signature Verification Failed and I can not get pass it.

Does anyone know how to get this otherwise I am stuck with the stock ROM which is slow as a train going backwards.

Thanks for any help

Regards
Nicholas

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hey everyone

I have a P6-U06 which is locked to my carrier (Vodacom) and I want to flash CM10.1 to my phone but I need to be on B118 or B120. So the problem I am having is when I try flash the Firmware I get a Signature Verification Failed and I can not get pass it.

Does anyone know how to get this otherwise I am stuck with the stock ROM which is slow as a train going backwards.

Thanks for any help

Regards
Nicholas

Hi!

You can download from here B120 CN firmware !

Extract UPDATE.APP and put on your external sdcard in /dload folder ( if you have not dload folder on your external sdcard, you can create one ), now you must be able to see on your device : /mnt/ext_sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP

Flash this firmware in stock Huawei recovery ! If you get a Signature Verification Failed , please check if your device has unlocked bootloader : ( for this you must have already installed on your PC HiSuite drivers )
> adb reboot bootloader
> fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) unlocked
OKAY [ 0.994s]
finished. total time: 0.994s

( you can see this if your device has unlocked bootloader )
> fastboot reboot
( to reboot your device from bootloader mode ! )

If your device has locked bootloader , cause Vodacom may lock your device bootloader, you can still install CM10.1 from here !

Good luck !

NicholasMarzio

Jan 26, 2014
Cape Town
Hi!

Extract UPDATE.APP and put on your external sdcard in /dload folder ( if you have not dload folder on your external sdcard, you can create one ), now you must be able to see on your device : /mnt/ext_sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP

Flash this firmware in stock Huawei recovery ! If you get a Signature Verification Failed , please check if your device has unlocked bootloader : ( for this you must have already installed on your PC HiSuite drivers )
> adb reboot bootloader
(bootloader) unlocked
OKAY [ 0.994s]

> fastboot reboot

If your device has locked bootloader , cause Vodacom may lock your device bootloader, you can still install CM10.1 from here !

Good luck !

Okay, I have now flashed the firmware to B120 and I am just waiting on Android SDK so that I can do the TWRP install.

mahlaule

Mar 5, 2014
Huawei Ascend P6(b119)vodacom

The fastboot mode has no UI. If it's stuck on the Huawei Ascend logo, it means it's working :p

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Q1.So u running 4.4.2 on yo p6 now...
Q2.Did vodacom block the boatload..??

Basically what i did with my P6(b119 vodacom) i only rooted it...then after i manged to install cwm custom recovery but when i try to backup my rom it doesnt backup thts y i need you to take me step by step please after the rooting stage thaks!!

Last edited:

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014

Q1 In fact, I'm running OMNI HYD52ROM KK

Q2 I don't know, I got my phone from hollandsnieuwe

But these questions are irrelevant! Fastboot mode = being stuck on Huawei Ascend logo.

mahlaule

Mar 5, 2014
The fastboot mode has no UI. If it's stuck on the Huawei Ascend logo, it means it's working :p

Q1 In fact, I'm running OMNI HYD52ROM KK

Q2 I don't know, I got my phone from hollandsnieuwe

But these questions are irrelevant! Fastboot mode = being stuck on Huawei Ascend logo.

So do you mind taking me step by step(P6 B119) thanks

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Basically what i did with my P6(b119 vodacom) i only rooted it...then after i manged to install cwm custom recovery but when i try to backup my rom it doesnt backup thts y i need you to take me step by step please after the rooting stage thaks!!

Just to answer your questions:

I'm running 4.4.2 on my device, and no, vodacom has not locked the bootloader. I was able to successfully flash twrp onto my device.:good:

mahlaule

Mar 5, 2014
Q

Hi!

> adb reboot bootloader
(bootloader) unlocked
OKAY [ 0.994s]

> fastboot reboot

Good luck !

hey nicholas which firm ware did you upgrade to thanks
regards mahlaule(gauteng midrand) am curretlty using b119

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone

Thanks for any help

Regards
    Nicholas

Hi!

> adb reboot bootloader
    (bootloader) unlocked
    OKAY [ 0.994s]

> fastboot reboot

Good luck !