Im on MDK, help deciding new rom.

Search This thread

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010
Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.

65vdub

Feb 28, 2014
Long Beach
What ROM are you running right now? I went from jrkruse's stock touchwiz ROM, to cm11, and am currently on slimkat 4.4.2 weekly 3.4 build

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010
I'm on a rooted stock tw ROM with android version 4.2.2. I can't stand the bloated ROM from Samsung anymore. some apps lag and I hate that.

65vdub

Feb 28, 2014
Long Beach
Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Understandable, I'd honestly recommend slimkat. I'm generally more of a cm guy but slim has made some really nice innovations in terms of the look and feel. They completely redid the recent apps menu with the 3.4 weekly

8unudave.jpg

Pic related, it's very minimal and less intrusive. That's the slim kat recent apps menu.

Reactions: Jalh

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA
Im on MDK now; I want to be using the latest ROM available for my phone without loosing the capabilities of having a custom recovery. What is the best ROM to install on my MDK version? I would prefer something with the latest android version. Thanks in advance.
I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ec...-Loki-amp-Safestrap-Progress-Build07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Welll .. another opportunity for me to recommend Liquid Smooth 4.4
Oh and we have Slim's Recents . tons of options, more than any aosp I've flashed. And everything runs great with ART as well. Give it a try

Reactions: joshm.1219

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010
so in order to install all these Roms, I would have to install ROM manager and Instsll them through custom recovery or is there a how to ? sorry to be such pita. thanks in advance again.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
so in order to install all these Roms, I would have to install ROM manager and Instsll them through custom recovery or is there a how to ? sorry to be such pita. thanks in advance again.

Since you're on MDK, you need to install a custom recovery, then you can flash whatever you like.

Reactions: Jalh

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010
Since you're on MDK, you need to install a custom recovery, then you can flash whatever you like.
What custom recovery would you recommend me to do so? Is there any guide of how to install it along other Roms such cmw or the one previously suggested ?

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks everyone; I just installed goo manager and i was able to install a custom recovery and then install the S4 Google play edition ROM.

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
I've been running Eclipse Progressive Build 7 for the past month. I have flashed just about every ROM out there and this is the most staple, fast, smooth with great battery life ROM of all of them. I understand everyone has there own opinion and preferences. You have to go to the Developer's web site to download, go here: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ec...-Loki-amp-Safestrap-Progress-Build07-(1-28-14). I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Is it tw based or aosp???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

8unudave.jpg

Pic related, it's very minimal and less intrusive. That's the slim kat recent apps menu.

I'd honestly recommend slimkat.

+1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Welll .. another opportunity for me to recommend Liquid Smooth 4.4
    Oh and we have Slim's Recents . tons of options, more than any aosp I've flashed. And everything runs great with ART as well. Give it a try

What custom recovery would you recommend me to do so? Is there any guide of how to install it along other Roms such cmw or the one previously suggested ?

Just personal preference.. But try Philz recovery. Never did me wrong