Playstation 4 Controller with Z2

Search This thread

Meltdown1982

Dec 17, 2008
Hi,

has someone managed to connect the Playstation 4 Controller with the Z2 ?
Is it possible and which games are supported?

userg2x

Jun 25, 2011
McAllen, TX
Hi,

has someone managed to connect the Playstation 4 Controller with the Z2 ?
Is it possible and which games are supported?

I'm eager to try this, my phone is on its way to its new home, so as soon as it arrives I will check it with my PS3 and PS4 controllers. PS3 controller works like a charm on the Xperia tablet with no additional drivers, it is plug n play!

As for the supported games, I'm thinking that maybe all or most of the games on the Playstation mobile store are compatible, other that than I don't know. Cheers.

ronak47

I can confirm that they do work together.

All you need to do is hold the share and home (PS) button together until the lightbar on the pad starts to flash, once done you just need to pair it via Bluetooth.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meltdown1982

Meltdown1982

Dec 17, 2008
So I connected my PS 4 controller with my Z2.
The setup was very easy.
But when I use it with games it's reaction is bad. So when I push a button it takes a while till something happens in the game.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Meltdown1982

Dec 17, 2008
Input Lag

So I connected my PS 4 controller with my Z2.
The setup was very easy.
But when I use it with games it's reaction is bad. So when I push a button it takes a while till something happens in the game.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

I wrote today Sony Support about the input lag of the controller.
They replied that "The Playstation 4 Controller is not supported"

Awesome news ! :crying:

Maybe someone fixed the input lag issue of you guys? :confused:

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
I wrote today Sony Support about the input lag of the controller.
They replied that "The Playstation 4 Controller is not supported"

Awesome news ! :crying:

Maybe someone fixed the input lag issue of you guys? :confused:

It's coming soon. I saw it in an ad somewhere (Xperia Z2 running a game with PS4 controller in the background).

aaa

Sep 7, 2003
Z2 smartphone got already several firmware updates from Sony since the last post on this thread.
Did anyone try to connect the dualshock 4 to Z2 again? and see if it is working perfectly now?

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
I've just read somewhere that with new z3, dualshock 4 is gonna work

Not only will ds4 work on the z3 but so will remote play from the ps4, looking at specs of the z3 it seems no different to my z2 ,well z3 is clocked at 2.5 instead of 2.3ghz, but apart from that the differences seem to be cosmetic.

I am more than a bit annoyed about remote play being included, one of the reasons i bought a z2 (not only reason, but a main one) was sony's way of making there products connect to each other. I remember the ps3 controller worked first with an xperia phone before others. My phone isnt even 6 months old yet and instead of getting features added through updates it seems like sony are keeping these features to sell there next handset.

In all fairness tho, its only remote play and a few tweaks to audio player that make the z3 any different to the z2

[kEkA]

May 25, 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
Not only will ds4 work on the z3 but so will remote play from the ps4, looking at specs of the z3 it seems no different to my z2 ,well z3 is clocked at 2.5 instead of 2.3ghz, but apart from that the differences seem to be cosmetic.

I am more than a bit annoyed about remote play being included, one of the reasons i bought a z2 (not only reason, but a main one) was sony's way of making there products connect to each other. I remember the ps3 controller worked first with an xperia phone before others. My phone isnt even 6 months old yet and instead of getting features added through updates it seems like sony are keeping these features to sell there next handset.

In all fairness tho, its only remote play and a few tweaks to audio player that make the z3 any different to the z2

Well mate, they have to compete with others, we are all whining about this 6 month old cycle, I myself as well whine about it,
but they cannot show up with nothing at IFA knowing that Samsung is gonna present their Note 4. They are clearly trying to achieve best smartphone of the year thing, but I think they should have gone same as Samsung, in first half of the year the Z line, second half Ultra line maybe.
It's kinda annoying when they are upgrading the same model twice per year mostly because no new things, especially now this z3.
They probably modded camera now how it should be, added HQ to speakers and remote control for ps4, I doubt we will see those things in z2 officially. But then again, we are being late with 4.4.4 with a good reason, most probably because those features, or at least some of them, are gonna hit z2.

And I'm being sceptic with this new IP rating. It's making me think what has changed, and does z2 suffer from building issue regarding waterproof, more and more I see threads about phone leaking water inside even tho I never experienced that, but that's mostly because my device was only few times exposed to heavy rain, but never dunked in water, nor it will ever be since it slipped out of my hand and I had to replace back cover.

Last edited:

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
Well mate, they have to compete with others, we are all whining about this 6 month old cycle, I myself as well whine about it,
but they cannot show up with nothing at IFA knowing that Samsung is gonna present their Note 4. They are clearly trying to achieve best smartphone of the year thing, but I think they should have gone same as Samsung, in first half of the year the Z line, second half Ultra line maybe.
It's kinda annoying when they are upgrading the same model twice per year mostly because no new things, especially now this z3.
They probably modded camera now how it should be, added HQ to speakers and remote control for ps4, I doubt we will see those things in z2 officially. But then again, we are being late with 4.4.4 with a good reason, most probably because those features, or at least some of them, are gonna hit z2.

And I'm being sceptic with this new IP rating. It's making me think what has changed, and does z2 suffer from building issue regarding waterproof, more and more I see threads about phone leaking water inside even tho I never experienced that, but that's mostly because my device was only few times exposed to heavy rain, but never dunked in water, nor it will ever be since it slipped out of my hand and I had to replace back cover.

i couldnt agree more.... if they want a 6 month cycle they should be doing it with 2 models, what annoys me is the specs are essentially the same, this isnt a new sony phone...... its an overclocked z2 with a few new features which claim to be exclusive but probably wont even need to be modified to work on z2.

[kEkA]

May 25, 2014
Belgrade, Serbia

arsonist13

Sep 8, 2014
ask for pin?

ı tried to connect my z2 with ps4 via bluetooth.phone sees it as wireless controller and then ı touch to pair it ask me goddamn pin code.ı dont have cable and ı want ıt now is anybody there to help me?

Top Liked Posts