[ROM][7/4/2011] Liberty S(GingerSense 2.3.3) 4th of July BBQ Special(WildfireS/Salsa)

Search This thread

cHarley04

Dec 21, 2010
FloriDuh
I think i have to agree with that - Bluetooth streaming audio and wifi on - causes problems -

For me i seemed to notice it more when I am on the edge of my wifi signal - so i attributed it to the phone trying to reconnect.

FWIW, I solved my skipping/dropout problems when streaming audio over BT by using the Tasker app from the Market to change my default clock settings whenever BT is active. I set to 400 min - 768 max & On Demand, when BT is active and don't have any problems.

brswattt

Nov 3, 2010
Spring, TX
Trackpad wake is a one-line fix in the kernel:

https://github.com/hoxsiew/hoxnet_l...mmit/b0dfa75a388da10c24ae7b4145cc062e1cd8652c

arch/arm/mach-msm/board-liberty-keypad.c
Code:
@@ -89,7 +89,7 @@ static struct gpio_event_matrix_info liberty_keypad_matrix_info = {
       GPIOKPF_PRINT_UNMAPPED_KEYS /*|
        GPIOKPF_PRINT_MAPPED_KEYS */),
   .setup_ninputs_gpio = liberty_matrix_inputs_gpio,
-  .detect_phone_status = 1,
+  .detect_phone_status = 0,
 };

static struct gpio_event_direct_entry liberty_keypad_nav_map[] = {
and a one-line change in /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl

Code:
@@ -23,7 +23,7 @@
 key 227   STAR
 key 231   CALL              WAKE_DROPPED
 key 61    CALL              WAKE_DROPPED
-key 272   DPAD_CENTER       WAKE_DROPPED
+key 232   DPAD_CENTER       WAKE_DROPPED
 key 108   DPAD_DOWN         WAKE_DROPPED
 key 103   DPAD_UP           WAKE_DROPPED
 key 102   HOME              WAKE

The kernel already had those changes in it. I just checked.

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
Yesterday, I attempted to wipe the users data from in the ROM itself. That was a bad idea, don't do it. Several things went wrong after I did that, I'll list them in the order I found out:
1. It threw my phone into a splash screen loop.
2. It broke ClockWorkMod Recovery.
3. It corrupted all of my Nandroid backups and then some other files too.
4. It messed with my SIM card and deleted voicemail handler off of it.

So, to put it briefly, if you gotta wipe your data, do it from WITHIN CWM recovery. I don't think anyone should need to do what I had to do to get a ROM up and running again.

Sent from my mind using a HTC Intruder

Last edited:

elmanortega

Aug 31, 2009
perez zeledon
hey guys, are all this changes that people are reporting implemented into the original file ?
its because int the title says last update made 7/4/2011 im wondering

Yesterday, I attempted to wipe the users data from in the ROM itself. That was a bad idea, don't do it. Several things went wrong after I did that, I'll list them in the order I found out:
1. It threw my phone into a splash screen loop.
2. It broke ClockWorkMod Recovery.
3. It corrupted all of my Nandroid backups and then some other files too.
4. It messed with my SIM card and deleted voicemail handler off of it.

So, to put it briefly, if you gotta wipe your data, do it from WITHIN CWM recovery. I don't think anyone should need to do what I had to do to get a ROM up and running again.

This happened to me a while back - I wiped user data from within the ROM (it was one of the liberated ROMs) and it hosed my SIM card.

I reinstalled the stock ROM (this is before S-off, by the way) and took it to an at&t store for a new SIM card. It REALLY hosed the SIM.

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Dont think it is the 'same' ROM - but definatley one to watch!

The only difference is the base, Europe instead of the Hong Kong for this one (at least according to the posts I've read in there). I'm mostly impatient to see when they can get Bluetooth to work properly. I couldn't care less about the Tethering and Internet sharing stuff that I barely use. Bluetooth is something I use pretty much every day, especially with that new law requiring to drive with hands free.

plade

Jan 13, 2011
Mumbai
How do I access recovery without having to remove battery?

When I turn off the phone in Salsa ROM it turns off pretty quickly, and starts quickly too, somewhat like sleep and not actually turn off. How do I hard-shutdown the phone in Salsa ROM?

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
How do I access recovery without having to remove battery?

When I turn off the phone in Salsa ROM it turns off pretty quickly, and starts quickly too, somewhat like sleep and not actually turn off. How do I hard-shutdown the phone in Salsa ROM?

Try this: Settings > Power > Fast Boot, make sure fastboot is NOT checked, then you can get into recovery.

Reactions: plade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A direct port of the Wildfire S rom(not using legend or espresso base)
    Using my kernel(speed)

WiFi Working :)
    Camera/Accelerometer WORKING
    BT NOT WORKING?
    FM Radio NOT working on Salsa but WORKING on Wildfire S
    HTC hub skins DO NOT download on Wildfire S but DO download on Salsa

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST A FULL WIPE
    BBQ Special Wildfire S
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/55g7g28kbf01hc5/LibertyS_BBQ_Special.zip

Side of Pico De Gallo Salsa
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m57l7sufq44u7c1/PIcoDeGallo.zip

Going out with a little bang with my last week with the Liberty :D

post other bugs below ;)
    Drowning already said he's taken it as far as he can, he builds Kernels not roms. He ported this (through Android Kitchen no doubt) and got it to boot for us. Its 90% as is, but we will need to recruit a more experienced dev to iron out the issues we're currently having. Really wish I knew more, I would gladly work on this. Unfortunately, I'm a very Noob level when it comes to roms, I'm gonna try my hand at writing some apps first.
    I used kitchen to unpack the boot.img and make an update.zip :p

FM radio is non working because of bluetooth issues, if i knew what what the specific issue in the rom was, I would fix it ;)

I am pulling in some commits for new kernel right now :D
    https://github.com/drowningchild/htc-kernel-msm7227-exp
    i would suggest using cm7
    unless someone could overtake this project(start a new thread but give credit where credit is due ;))
    I do not have enough time with the aria to develop this rom, and for that I am truly sorry :(
    ive added my paypal donation, right above my avatar, for those who would like to thank me for my work :D

I would update to a newer kernel but there hasnt been much change(that ive seen @ least) in some kernels that i based the tweaks of mine on :'(

I am continuing on with the Infuse, a phone i recommend to people here, beautiful screen, sound , & cameras
    Development is slow for now(waiting for rogers in canada to drop gingerbread version)

Thank you every one for appreciating all the work ive done :D
    FWIW, I flashed this with the kernel from my AriaLiberated_2.2.2 and the ramdisk as-is and my matching bcm4329.ko and bluetooth and FM both work fine.
    Alpharevx is what you need for s-off, unrevoked just roots and installs cwm 2.5 by default, unless you choose a custom recovery to install, as of right now i believe.
    bump with link :D
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m57l7sufq44u7c1/PIcoDeGallo.zip