CM9/CM10 UNOFFICIAL Ice Cream Sandwich/ Jelly Bean for Legend

Search This thread

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Just do it, no guts no glory! :D

Edit- copy the contents of your sdcard to your computer first, you should already know this.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Last edited:

maxydem

Dec 27, 2010
ok i was doing some researching and i found in ortyginal thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1442689 that there could be problems with lagging and system mess for micro sd witch class is bellow 6. I've 8gb sdhc class 4 (when i was buing it did't know that there is something like class :p men is learning all his live).

So there is question 4 u guys hwo don't have any problem and everything is working properly. What is class of yours microSD?;>:) that would be wery valuable info for me :)

QuestnLegend

Mar 1, 2012
pdroid

Many many thanks for all the hard work. I've followed both threads closely.

I use an app called pdroid as part of daily use with CM7. Its not yet available for ICS however it looks as though its working with CM9. I don't have a linux OS for testing and I would be very very interested if and when its finally ready for use with this rom.

Seems they're getting close from the thread below.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23802328&postcount=4

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
I just wanted to report that I decided to get some 3D games from to market to try out the performance of the rom, and I must say that it has been fantastic playing them, no lag super smooth and looks like great frame rate too.

May I ask you which games you got from the store, as I'm deperately searching for some good games.

PS. Do you know which HD games work on the Legend?

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Yeah sure, I got 4, whether they are good depends individual taste.

Pirate 3D
Cup! Cup! 3D golf

Edit where did the other 2 go?
Here they are now

Speed 3D
3D invaders
Not sure about HD games haven't looked at that as yet.

Last edited:

rexjarvis

Apr 25, 2012
Friesenheim
I have to admit to being a total noob and made real hard work of rooting and installing this ROM but it works a treat and after a few days learning I like it. Thanks for all the hard work and your patience :)

gianlen

Apr 14, 2012
There is maybe something usefull for camcorder from CM9 repo.

links:
review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/15572/
review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/15669/

Hope it will help zeubea to solve issues with camera and camcorder.

flor1n

Aug 4, 2010
Some issues

I have been using the BETA0 version (18 APR) since it was released as my daily driver.
I can report a set of issues (some of them have been already reported by other users):

- Most important for me is that I cannot answer phone calls in many cases. Phone is ringing as normal but the screen does not respond to touch, and also power button/volume does nothing.

- I have experienced reboots especially while using navigation software both with Navigon 4.1.1 and IGO 8.4.2.

- One of the users here on the forum reported that if the phone is doing something (install application) and the phone orientation is changed (from vertical to horizontal) the process is restarted. I can confirm this

- Some small issues with GPS: when I start applications that are using GPS I have to disable and enable the GPS to work.

- As reported before short data connection loss after unlocking the screen

- I have never been able to successfuly start and use the Wifi hotspot. After select enable Portable Wifi hotspot it gets stuck with "Turning wifi on" message.

Even with these issues it's a great ROM ! Thanks to the developer !

Patiently waiting for the next release.

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Hi guys, here's a few little tricks I've been testing out for a while with zeubea's rom which defiantly seams to make it better.

For those that don't know (advanced users would have heard this one before) you can add the line

ro.home_app_adj=1

To the build.prop file, this keeps the launcher in memory longer before it gets terminated when ram is getting low, I could not find this line in my original build.prop file.

I have downloaded the app called
"Autokiller memory"
And been playing with the memory management settings using that app
I am using the "strict" memory values which really seams to help it run much more smooth and responsive up to a point. That app has some other kernel tweeks too but can't confirm if any or all of them actually do anything.

These could be of some use for others to try out and see if they work for you too ;):cool:

Boris.Shulman

May 11, 2011
For those that have reboot problem when WiFi wakes up from sleep mode:
Use WiFi Timout app.
It turns off WiFi automatically when no activity.
Improves battery time.

flor1n

Aug 4, 2010
It should be. Here it is a screenshot as I'm not sure which one is russian:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-16-15-01-28.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-16-15-01-28.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Dikks

gianlen

Apr 14, 2012
beta 1

Beta 1 is better than previous as I can see.
Someone said that is less stable, zeubea too.
I have noticed that but only overclocking over 600mhz.

Anyway i hope it will possible to overclock at 768mhz, as before, in next release.
In some apps you can notice the difference in porfermance.

flor1n

Aug 4, 2010
I have installed yestarday the latest BETA1 over the existing BETA0 without doing a full wipe (only cache and dalvik cache wiped).

I had only some small FC at first boot but nothing important.
Until now it performs better (smoother) than the previous version and I keep it overclocked 400 to 768 Mhz using Smartassv2.

Some observations:
- the GSM signal indicator works​
- unlock with trackpad works :D
- changing orientation it seems that does not restart the process anymore​
- it has now the CRT screen off animation​
- Data connections seems to be ON right after unlocking the screen unlike the previous BETA0​
- I have not managed to enable encryption with OpenGarden hotspot; it works only open even if I enable WEP encryption​

Thanks to zeubea !

Reactions: Dikks

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
Just a quick question: Do any of you guys experience Force Closes in games when you use multi-touch?
Is this a ICS problem or is our Legend just not ready for it...?

(It's not really regarded to the BETA's, but okay...)

flor1n

Aug 4, 2010
@obscurer

1. There is no trackpad option (at least I have not found it). It just works, you don't have to enable it.

2. Also Menu unlock works for me. NOTE that you have to wake up the screen (power button or trackpad) and THEN push menu button instead of slide to unlock.
The option is enabled for me and cannot disable it. See screenshot.

@Me4mario
Can you give me one game example to test it as I'm not a big gamer. Prefferably a small game since I'm running out of storage space.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-18-14-10-51.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-18-14-10-51.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Data2Ext Sript and S2E For ICS 4.04

GREAT ROM ! HARD WORK ! THANKS ZEUBEA !

Ok, here is my test with Data2Ext Scripts and S2E:

First, S2E is working great,

In Play Store, search for S2E

( Don´t install it, if you use Data2ext Script below this: )

BUT IT CAN BE BETTER WITH A Data2Ext Script:

IMG_0904.JPG

Quadrant Benchmark Score: 1250-1270 ( 825 Mhz OC ), with 787 Mhz~ 1150

Install Manual:

1. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip

THATS ALL ! After that restart and the Super fast ext partition is in your internal memory included :)

And so it boosts the performance.

WOW !

GREAT ROM.

THANKS ZEUBEA !

Greetings

Fabian
    Thanks for testing, but it has not got hardware acceleration yet. For testing purpose, you could overclock it up to 787 MHZ safely, and the overall performance get better notably.

Thx.

I' ve put it on. It's really laggy, but it works!

It's a good start, but if this is the best performance the legend can give, I think I won't ever change definitevly to ICS. Maybe it can be optimizated for the Legend hardware to become smoother.

Did you check if your internal storage space has increased? If not, I worked like this:
    1a. Boot into recovery-> Click "advanced" -> Click "Partition SD Card" -> (You may choose another value, but I have a 8gb card, so I clicked 1024MB) -> Click the amount of MB's you want in your Internal Storage -> Click 0MB Swap Size -> Let it be busy for a while! ( Then I did a reboot (don't know if it's required) and did the other steps)

1b. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip
    It will be merge in next syncing with Cyanogenmd . Anyway, a europe server is provided and it is advised in OP you must set up your gps.conf. This update has not implies in gps overall working, although is better having it, of course.

I was wondering the same thing. In my case zeubea rom behaves like CyanogenMod 7.1 before the release of the patch linked.

Thank you zeubea