[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Does 3.3.1 work with Alpha 5? I got an installation aborted when I tried to flash it. I downloaded in mobile app, and through browser...both failed. :confused:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

What kernel did you attemp to flash it with?
You have to flash to a different kernel like el26 repack or el29 directboot, flash 3.3.1, then flash to a CM9 kernel.

meatwadathf

Jan 9, 2012
Chicago
What kernel did you attemp to flash it with?
You have to flash to a different kernel like el26 repack or el29 directboot, flash 3.3.1, then flash to a CM9 kernel.

Personally, I like to flash to el26, flash the WHOLE cm9 rom, and then flash tweaks. I noticed that flashing any other kernel causes fcs/restarts. Although I havent tried pulling and flashing the one from the rom itself. That is also an option.

kobridge

Jan 10, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Personally, I like to flash to el26, flash the WHOLE cm9 rom, and then flash tweaks. I noticed that flashing any other kernel causes fcs/restarts. Although I havent tried pulling and flashing the one from the rom itself. That is also an option.

That's not a good idea.
When you flash the rom, at least you have to boot one time to settle down the new ROM on your phone. Then, flash EL26 and flash Kobridge Tweak, then flash CM9 or the kernel based on your preference. Personally I don't have any link where we could download the CM9 kernel - maybe share the same kernel with AOKP?

that will make the Kobridge tweak working.

duce415

May 28, 2011
That's not a good idea.
When you flash the rom, at least you have to boot one time to settle down the new ROM on your phone. Then, flash EL26 and flash Kobridge Tweak, then flash CM9 or the kernel based on your preference. Personally I don't have any link where we could download the CM9 kernel - maybe share the same kernel with AOKP?

So if you fresh install a rom , flash gapps them your tweaks, the tweaks won't work? I flashed cm9 , gapps then your tracks two days ago and in the about phone it has the cm version as 3.3.1m

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium App

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
This is not exactly true. This isn't really the place to discuss it in much detail, but I will say this. If you have apps running in the background that are draining THAT much battery, then chances are the app is in someway problematic.

Android stores tasks in memory. When you open the apps, they are called from that memory which is actually less resource intensive to get the app back to the foreground. Android handles tasks in a special way. When the operating system feels the need to kill applications to free ram, it will. And does.

IMO you are more likely to see cpu stress slowing things down than used memory, which is why opening applications from memory which are frequently used will likely actually result in LESS power consumption.

When you kill an app and open it the next time, instead of it opening in a "stored" state in memory, you're potentially cycling the cpu more to reopen said application.

NOW, show me a task killer that shows cpu cycles and that background apps are actually cycling the cpu and are not just harmlessly stored in ram and there might be more discussion, or as I said, it could just be an app that needs some adjustment. :cool:

Getting caught up with the thread so sorry if this has been dropped already...

I can tell you as an app dev that when an app is in the background, unless its using a push or poll service, it uses less battery than force closing it and opening it at a later time. When you open an app, it cycles the CPU and runs whatever necessary startup scripts it needs. These processes are not run when an app is restored from background.

An app uses more CPU and battery resources in the first minute of start-up than it does in a few days of background (again, depending on what services its running in the background. Facebook is a good example of an app that'll eat battery no matter what)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If flash isn't working, reinstall it, fixed the Dolphin issue for me.

That's not a good idea.

CM9 kernels can be found here:
They are specific to CM9

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

So if you fresh install a rom , flash gapps them your tweaks, the tweaks won't work? I flashed cm9 , gapps then your tracks two days ago and in the about phone it has the cm version as 3.3.1m

It will still work, just not the recommended method.
It's good to let your ROM settle first.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I've always flashed to CM9 FE22 and never had these issues

Last edited:
Reactions: kobridge

duce415

May 28, 2011
If flash isn't working, reinstall it, fixed the Dolphin issue for me.

CM9 kernels can be found here:
They are specific to CM9

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

It will still work, just not the recommended method.
It's good to let your ROM settle first.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I've always flashed to CM9 FE22 and never had these issues

Got cha

hduenas1989

Oct 20, 2011
Quick question about kobridge's 3.3.1 tweak:

I know that we are supposed to unzip the main file which reveals 4 smaller zip files.
Are we supposed to flash each one of those files? Does the order matter?

No, you flash the one you want. Right next to the version number on the zip file there will be a letter or letters that tell you which one it is (example: 3.3.1F)

I copy pasted this from the second post on this thread

"there are 4 different sets up tweaks available -
SF Super Fast - almost maximum speed without o.c or o.v (also check the battery savings)
F fast - almost same speed with SF but targetting more battery savings
M moderate - big different, faster than previous version but would get the same amount of battery saving
A aggressive - targetting aggressive batttery savings. So, this is the slowest one. I'm still looking for the way to improve this one."

kobridge

Jan 10, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Does anyone recognize this guy?

I'm almost about to drop my Kobridge Tweaks for CM9 because of this guy!

Same reboot issue occurred on cm9 alpha 4, which you do support. What now then? Why are you fighting me instead of making note of the issue and perhaps dealing with it later?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

So, you want me to remove Kobridge tweak for CM9 Alpha4? Again, it's your problem and I do not support your problem. Please go back to your thread.

kobridge

Jan 10, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

hakcenter

Mar 11, 2012
Satire my friend.

Most of the people in these threads are just entitled consumers of others work.

Ignore it.

Last edited:

gatesmarch123

Apr 14, 2010
OK. I'm done with CM9.

Dude don't let a petty thing like this curb your name getting out in the community. I applied your tweaks today and they work fine. Not every phone will run every rom or every tweak the same. There's always gonna be whiners. Rise above it or tell them to make their own.

;)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Last edited:

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
OK. I'm done with CM9.

Wow ... kobridge, don't get so worked over a guy just posting his troubles with your tweaks and a rom, ignore or help ... but don't quit, we are all here to help each other and take cristicism or praise as it comes, no harm done, cheer up mate, your work is much appreciated indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts