[4.0+][05/16] Tile Launcher Beta 1.31 | Sliding drawer | Total customization

Search This thread

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
I got bored so I was playing around and came up with this. Didn't take me much time but if you like it let me know and ill put more details into it :)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byxlw5J4qbOveEFNdElEWjEwdWM

That logo is awesome! Definitely going to use it thank you :D Graphics isn't my strong suit, you might have been able to tell that from the launcher icon :p (it's just the default icon with the tablet drawer overlapping it.. and fantastic use of the fill tool for different colors)

I should have a release out within the next week, hoping to figure out all of the known issues by then. Finally going to be home tomorrow, so should finally have a little more time :)

Cheers

Reactions: SystemErrorOne

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
i love this launcher!!

here some ideas:
- make it more flexible (the user no more needs to sets numbers of colums and rows)
then:
- option to choose min tile size (width and height)
- option to choose from horizontal scrolling or vertical scrolling in home
- option to choose paginated scrolling (regardless scrolling orientation) in home
- drawer categories
- option to enable google search bar near the app drawer button
- option to replace the launcher menu in app drawer with google play shortcut (or another app)
- fix custom color (can't set a custom hex color on nexus s cm10)

add these features even in a paid version and i'll buy it

keep it on!!

Thanks for the support :)
Options for either horizontal/vertical scrolling is definitely going to be included at some point, it's something that's been discussed. Not sure what kind of customization the drawer would have, as after you setup your tile screen(s), you aren't in there too often except to drag out new tiles. Not being able to set a custom color, hmm first time I've heard of that. I'll look into it. If you can give me steps to reproduce this, it would be very helpful.

Cheers

dinesh690

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 9, 2011
UK
Rob this is a very promising launcher. Offers something unique. While there are other WP8 launcher clones, they are just that. Just a gimmick that you can't continue to use but this feels like it could last. Keep up the good work, lacking features right now but that is obviously expected at this stage of its life cycle.

Anyway, you can enable horizontal/vertical scrolling in the settings menu of the launcher under advanced settings mate

Sent from my Xperia Arc S

Last edited:

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
That logo is awesome! Definitely going to use it thank you :D Graphics isn't my strong suit, you might have been able to tell that from the launcher icon :p (it's just the default icon with the tablet drawer overlapping it.. and fantastic use of the fill tool for different colors)

I should have a release out within the next week, hoping to figure out all of the known issues by then. Finally going to be home tomorrow, so should finally have a little more time :)

Cheers

Thanks man! :) & Haha its fine everyone has weaknesses and strong points..I like graphics and am trying to get better at it. But I definitely want to learn how to code and make an android app. I actually have a concept application i have drawn out but..ill learn one day Lol

Cant wait for the next release. Enjoy your last day wherever your at! :)

Update: Ill send you a pm of the finished icon with the high res image so you can use it on the playstore.

Update 2: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byxlw5J4qbOvNnFrdm0tQV9vb0E

Last edited:

Note2Frat

Mar 16, 2010
Any plans to be able to make tiles smaller like in windows phone 8?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Hiding the drawer icon is definitely something I'm considering :) However I have a few ideas to improve it as well, perhaps a sort of "quick launch bar" in a row where the icon is currently located.

Feel free to include this in any ROM :) At this point it will not be open source.

Not open source? Prebuilt folder it is...
Keep up the great work.

S1cK94

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for the support :)
Options for either horizontal/vertical scrolling is definitely going to be included at some point, it's something that's been discussed. Not sure what kind of customization the drawer would have, as after you setup your tile screen(s), you aren't in there too often except to drag out new tiles. Not being able to set a custom color, hmm first time I've heard of that. I'll look into it. If you can give me steps to reproduce this, it would be very helpful.

Cheers

ok, it happens even on a galaxy nexus gsm cm10.1.
long press on a tile > tap on settings > tap on color box > tap on custom tab > type hex color > close the IME > tap on save and color isn't updated.

it happens for both font color and background color and only if I type the hex color (if I choose presets color or one from the color picker it works)

Reactions: rob43

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Yesterday evening I've seen this thread here and... thanks to the op... I couldn't sleep anymore.
I must set up my tile launcher.

For the last 13 Months I've been using nova and before that, I was an ADW User.
But now I've got a bit bored from Androids pickle tickle boring Icon like iPhone, so I was looking for a completely changing and challenging launcher.
So I've found Tile Launcher and I must say, I really like it.

I think I will try it out a few hours or days and can say more about this.
But, I have a suggestion, too :)

- Gestures are really appreciated :) Like swiping up or down, lock the screen etc.
- some launchers can be used with roms, where we can change the navbar transparency. Can you enable this on tile launcher, too?
- Please make a backup / restore button in the settings. I've been changing roms back and forth and it's a pain in the ass to restore this launcher manually :)
- can we lock the screen, so it doesn't accidentally reaarange all tiles on the screen? Today I've got a little frustrated scene in my car, after accidentally longpressing and swiping one of my tiles :)
- I cannot remove, rearrange or customize a widget from my peoples app. All I get is a force close of tile launcher

Please keep up the good work! I really like it and wanna use it as my default launcher

Thank you!

Reactions: rob43

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
ok, it happens even on a galaxy nexus gsm cm10.1.
long press on a tile > tap on settings > tap on color box > tap on custom tab > type hex color > close the IME > tap on save and color isn't updated.

it happens for both font color and background color and only if I type the hex color (if I choose presets color or one from the color picker it works)

Thank you sir. Fixed in the next version.

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
Yesterday evening I've seen this thread here and... thanks to the op... I couldn't sleep anymore.
I must set up my tile launcher.

For the last 13 Months I've been using nova and before that, I was an ADW User.
But now I've got a bit bored from Androids pickle tickle boring Icon like iPhone, so I was looking for a completely changing and challenging launcher.
So I've found Tile Launcher and I must say, I really like it.

I think I will try it out a few hours or days and can say more about this.
But, I have a suggestion, too :)

- Gestures are really appreciated :) Like swiping up or down, lock the screen etc.
- some launchers can be used with roms, where we can change the navbar transparency. Can you enable this on tile launcher, too?
- Please make a backup / restore button in the settings. I've been changing roms back and forth and it's a pain in the ass to restore this launcher manually :)
- can we lock the screen, so it doesn't accidentally reaarange all tiles on the screen? Today I've got a little frustrated scene in my car, after accidentally longpressing and swiping one of my tiles :)
- I cannot remove, rearrange or customize a widget from my peoples app. All I get is a force close of tile launcher

Please keep up the good work! I really like it and wanna use it as my default launcher

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words :)

- Gestures will be coming
- If your ROM supports navbar transparency, it should apply to tile launcher as well
- Backup/restore tiles & options will be coming
- Locking your layout is coming
- Widgets are still buggy, especially on ICS

At this point, I just want to fix all the bugs before I start adding more new stuff :) Just returned from vacation, hopefully I will have a new build out in a week or two.

Cheers!

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
yma8e2am.jpg

Hi, thanks for your reply.
But it really doesn't apply transparency to the navbar below.
You can see it on the attached Screenshot.

Send from my iPhone 6s

EDIT: Damn, I'm Dumb :) I'm totally new to this paranoid transparency things. It works great with your launcher.
But one thing is new: I've added a new tile and restart the launcher / phone and the new tile is away :(

This happens on my Nexus 4 and the tile is away after every reboot. ;(

Last edited:

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
yma8e2am.jpg

Hi, thanks for your reply.
But it really doesn't apply transparency to the navbar below.
You can see it on the attached Screenshot.

Send from my iPhone 6s

EDIT: Damn, I'm Dumb :) I'm totally new to this paranoid transparency things. It works great with your launcher.
But one thing is new: I've added a new tile and restart the launcher / phone and the new tile is away :(

This happens on my Nexus 4 and the tile is away after every reboot. ;(

I pushed out a new alpha build earlier, try uninstalling/wiping data and redoing it now. Let me know if it happens again.
Sorry, I know it's inconvenient :/

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
Yes,
that works.. Great!
One thing is not working: you see the tile with my girlfriend. It's stock people widget from android. I can't change colours or the place where it is lying. If you long press on the tile, the launcher FCs.

Ones suggestion I have. I've set tile launcher now on my nexus 7 and I hope we can get more rows. 4 are too few for larger screens. Hopefully you can make it changeable in the near future :)

PaKii94

Jun 7, 2012
its a nice launcher for beta. like others said alot of potential... do u think there is a chance of live tiles like in actual windows 8? I like android but i love the tiles on my laptop. I'm assuming the titles would have to be widgets not icons for that to happen? anyway keep up the good work im subscribing to the thread. THANKS!

ps. for people with Optimus 2X/G2x, im running it on the hackfest cm10 rom on G2x

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
This is good. I tried WP8, I liked it but somehow not impressed and changes things. although I did like smaller tiles in wp8 so I can see more on the page. I show some suggestions and they are great but I did not see one for showing notification of missed call count or message count on the tile. Are you considering that?
I would also like to see if I choose image for the ICON in the tile, image should be same as Tile size not smaller like ICON. Contact tile should cycle thru favorites images.

Last edited:

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Works except for the widgets. Using Atrix 4G on Android 4.1.2

Once you get that fixed this will be great. Very smooth launcher. Great work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smooth, multidirectional, widget-compatible tile-based launcher for Android 4.0+.

Scroll Direction - Select horizontal (left to right) or vertical (top to bottom)
    Tile Customization - Select your own title, icon, background colors or images
    Scroll Settings - Configure your scrolling speed, direction, and overscroll effect
    Sliding Drawer - Swipe horizontally or vertically from the home screen
    Snap Effect - Perform an action, switch screens or open the drawer when overscrolling
    Homescreen Dimensions - Select # of rows, columns, and margins, or increase your screen size
    Toolbar - Choose font, colors, icon, even show a Jellybean-styled date widget - or hide it if you don't want it
    Lock/Unlock Desktop - Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
    Icon Packs - Icon pack support for most launchers (Work in progress)

aaaa2i.png
    aaaa1b.png

zzzzzq.png
    aaabp.jpg

bbbksf.png
    dddls.png
    0.53 is out, Play Store should be updated shortly :)

- Increased max rows as requested
    - Added lock/unlock tile option as requested
    - More bugfixes

Thanks for the support! Sorry I haven't had time to reply to everyone. I'm reading all suggestions but focusing on making it as stable as possible, one bug at a time :)
    0.80 is online. This version adds vertical scrolling option, tabbed screens, and some other stuff. Will be replying to some posts soon, been a little busy :)
    Hey guys, here's a much improved alpha 2: Play Store Link

I am currently on a trip so will reply to comments and update main post when I get a chance :)

Small easter egg in this version: long click drawer to change to a 2nd home screen for your enjoyment. More coming soon!

EDIT: updated first post and switched to Play store link