Otterbox for One

Search This thread

phikal

Jan 11, 2009
Brabant
Android Wear
LG V30
Just ordered the commuter glacier, was looking for a case with kickstand actually but i guess its to soon. Will see what seidio is coming up with. :)

Last edited:

leddra2k

Aug 11, 2011
[Q] PPL - That have the Commuter or the Defender for the HTC One? Reviews would be great :)

Really looking to turn towards the Commuter because it seems 'less' chunky then the Defender, dont want to lose the slimline feel to much! :)

ahemcough

Apr 2, 2013
Just put the black commuter version of this on my HTC One, and in my own opinion I don't think it adds to much bulk. It still feels good in the hand, and the rubber sections of the case allow for excellent grip. All of the ports are covered by rubber flaps which are easy to open but also stay shut firmly when closed. It fits the case very well, with none of the essential features (such as the IR blaster, the speakers and the camera) covered by anything. All in all it feels like a very sturdy case, and from past experience with Otterbox, I know my phone will survive quite a few inevitable drops!

winomat

Jan 19, 2012
Just put the black commuter version of this on my HTC One, and in my own opinion I don't think it adds to much bulk. It still feels good in the hand, and the rubber sections of the case allow for excellent grip. All of the ports are covered by rubber flaps which are easy to open but also stay shut firmly when closed. It fits the case very well, with none of the essential features (such as the IR blaster, the speakers and the camera) covered by anything. All in all it feels like a very sturdy case, and from past experience with Otterbox, I know my phone will survive quite a few inevitable drops!

I received today my black Commuter Case as well. Comparing to my original HTC Flipcase and some no name TPU case, its the best case ive seen so far for the one. For me its also not that bulky with the Commuter case.
I can totally confirma what ahemcough wrote.
A buy recommendation for all those who are searchin a good protection for their beloved ONE :cool:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I received today my black Commuter Case as well. Comparing to my original HTC Flipcase and some no name TPU case, its the best case ive seen so far for the one. For me its also not that bulky with the Commuter case.
I can totally confirma what ahemcough wrote.
A buy recommendation for all those who are searchin a good protection for their beloved ONE :cool:

Thanks for the post. I ordered the Glacier Commuter from ebay for $25 it should be here before my phone arrives on the 19.
I was worried about it making the phone feel too Fat. But If you two are happy I'm pretty sure I'll be just as satisfied.

MSGaldenzi

Dec 7, 2009
Houston
Guys which do you prefer? Defender or commuter case for the HTC One?

I like how the defender case cover's the front portion of the device but I am having doubts about how it is made for HTC One because of the 2 big speakers(top & bottom), front camera & the sensors.

The defender has cutouts for the front speakers, etc... I ordered the Defender as my "Adventure" case and a thin Nillkin (sp?) one as a day to day case.

adamiscool

Oct 31, 2012
I like the Commuter because it's not massive, but still seems it'll take a beating. Comes with stick on screen protector also!

Sent from my LG-P999

brom66an6

Sep 4, 2009
Has anyone found any stores that have them in stock? I've checked all my local stores I can think of (best buy, frys, etc). I ordered online from otterbox with the discount but it still hasn't shipped so I may have to cancel it and find a local as I doubt it will arrive in time.

Dazrin

Dec 5, 2012
Has anyone found any stores that have them in stock? I've checked all my local stores I can think of (best buy, frys, etc). I ordered online from otterbox with the discount but it still hasn't shipped so I may have to cancel it and find a local as I doubt it will arrive in time.

My local AT&T store has the Defender in stock as well as a couple variations on the Speck cases. Full MSRP plus a nickel though ($50).

Reactions: brom66an6

brom66an6

Sep 4, 2009
My local AT&T store has the Defender in stock as well as a couple variations on the Speck cases. Full MSRP plus a nickel though ($50).

Ok thank you. I checked the one closest to me yesterday and they didn't have it but there is one a little further away. Thanks again for the heads up as it's now worth checking as I now know some of them have it.

crazyforhtc

Apr 15, 2013
Ok thank you. I checked the one closest to me yesterday and they didn't have it but there is one a little further away. Thanks again for the heads up as it's now worth checking as I now know some of them have it.

You should just buy the case from the store but keep the one from otterbox coming instead of cancel. Once the otterbox.com one shows up return it to the store. This way you get it on time and at the discounted price. It should work as long as they sell the same model.

Dazrin

Dec 5, 2012

For what its worth, I ended up getting a cheap 2 layer case from ebay and will use that to tide me over until the nicer cases are available, the one I got came in only a couple days within the US so if you find one you can live with until the Otterbox arrives you can still probably get something. Or at least get something sooner than the Otterbox may arrive and still save money vs paying full retail.

The only color my store had was the plain black, so if you want something other than that, you might need to wait anyway.

The case I got may end up being my normal "adventure" case too - I don't feel the need for a defender based on past experiences. I really want to see some reviews on the Poetic Atmosphere before I decide what slim form case I will use daily. I tried a hard thin case when I had a One X and didn't really like it although I barely had time to try it, so I may end up with a TPU style case instead. :shrug:

brom66an6

Sep 4, 2009
For what its worth, I ended up getting a cheap 2 layer case from ebay and will use that to tide me over until the nicer cases are available, the one I got came in only a couple days within the US so if you find one you can live with until the Otterbox arrives you can still probably get something. Or at least get something sooner than the Otterbox may arrive and still save money vs paying full retail.

The only color my store had was the plain black, so if you want something other than that, you might need to wait anyway.

The case I got may end up being my normal "adventure" case too - I don't feel the need for a defender based on past experiences. I really want to see some reviews on the Poetic Atmosphere before I decide what slim form case I will use daily. I tried a hard thin case when I had a One X and didn't really like it although I barely had time to try it, so I may end up with a TPU style case instead. :shrug:

Ok thanks for the heads up. I got the glacier defender so hopefully they will have it but I doubt they will. I probably will follow your advice and just get a cheaper case for the time being. I was planning to get an everyday case anyway just haven't decided which one for good protection but not too bulky. I just have to have the defender for when I'm at work (cell tower construction) so ill have to figure something out for the time being if I can't park close enough to leave it in the truck and use Bluetooth.

RCDheliracer

Nov 18, 2010
Westbrook, ME
I just got my "Steel Blue" Commuter in the mail today and I'm a little disappointed with the color. It's not even close to what they show online. It's like a baby blue color with a slight yellowish hue.

Might experiment with a can of Krylon (spray paint) and post the results :D

Last edited:

youkosnake

Jan 7, 2011
Not sure if its been discussed but both the defender and commuter leave the ir blaster exposed so that isn't an issue. Found this out via youtube

Sent straight outta Compton

Long813

Nov 7, 2011
For Canadians here,

Telus stated they will only sell the black/black commuter/defender case.
Bestbuy should be getting the black, glacier, steel blue colour schemes in the next month or so.

Waiting on bestbuy to come through as Otterbox's website has insane shipping costs to Canada.

cachookaman

Dec 29, 2006
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
How bad does it alter the brightness/colour/response? Fignerprints aren't an issue, but functionality is.

theres a slight glare at certain angles but nothing too noticeable during normal use. the touchscreen is still super responsive but the capacitive keys sometimes dont work too well. i think thats how it was before i put the screen protector on too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Otterbox announced cases for the One.
    And here are they:

http://www.otterbox.com/htc-one-cases/htc-one-cases,default,sc.html

Definitely getting one for my One when i get mine. I hope they release more colors before the launch though.
    Have had good experiences from Otterbox cases since my HTC Touch HD and HD2, still going strong, and saved my immortal HD2 many times.

Haven't tried other companies yet since Otterbox hasn't failed to protect any of my devices.