Sony Xperia Z - failed update - dead phone - HELP !

Search This thread

kieranc88

Oct 1, 2012
manchester
Firstly i want to note that my battery is certainly dead, and i can't charged it beacause of the restart/boot loop that i mentioned in my early posts...if yes, can you guys provide me with necesary tools, firmaware and stuff, because after all the attempts i tried, i'm afraid to do something else to the phone. I mean i was stupid in the first place to not ask how to do it properly, and i don't want to lose the phone... :(

And sorry if my English is rough :rolleyes:

Hold down the power and volume up button the phone will vibrate keep holding and it will vibrate again three times , plug it into a wall charger and let it charge , when it has enough power choose the repair phone feature in Sony PC companion .

issac88

Nov 30, 2014
Hold down the power and volume up button the phone will vibrate keep holding and it will vibrate again three times , plug it into a wall charger and let it charge , when it has enough power choose the repair phone feature in Sony PC companion .
hey :)
Have the same problem, after updating rom for 10.5.a.A.0.283 with flashtools there is the message "the software update failed, make sure the phone is connected to the computer and try again".
Tried to re flash, but the flashtool stuck for hours (!) on "flashing data". Changing the SEMC driver didnt help.
Tried Emme as well but an error occured while flashing after few minutes.
Tried sony pc companion but it dont give me the "fix your phone" option anymore.
Is there any way to flash rom other than flashtool? Or restore to previous version somehow?

skultz

Oct 13, 2015
hey

please help i have the same problem and i am not good at all with this i get the same messege and have the same battery problem when i charge it please tell me steps what to do :( sony xperia z3

yTU158

Feb 7, 2016
please somebody can help me i have the same problem. I have the error error ue_2005 in xperia companion

kishotrao

Feb 11, 2017
same problem for me too !!
plssss help
i already try everything and it cannot get repaired

It doesn't work!
When i plug it in the wall charger is doing a restart loop, with the sony logo, then the message a wrote earlier " the software update failed, make sure the phone is connected to the computer and try again " and a red led light, and it's the same thing over and over again...
That's my concern...if i damaged the phone...i mean, if i can't recharge it, i can't do nothing...
There must be some way to fix this..please help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried to update my Sony Xperia Z through Pc Companion to android kitkat... All was good until the program poped up a window and said that it couldn't download it anymore because of a network problem ( my internet connection was good, no problems ). And from that point on, when i try to open the phone it says " the software update failed, make sure the phone is connected to the computer and try again " and blacks out... also i think the battery is dead and i cannot charge it because it says only that and turns off...
    Please help me... I don't know what to do anymore...
    i tried with sony update service, it downloads the update and when it's about to install. says to make sure the battery is fully charged and try again... and i cannot do that... :( What to do ????
    If it matters, it's a C6603 ...
    sorry for my english..

Press power and vol up for several seconds and put it an the wallcharger. Let it charge for several hours and try to update again
    Download Sony Update Service (SUS) and then update from there it will fix it :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Download Sony Update Service (SUS) and then update from there it will fix it :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem as OP and resolved it using SEUS - can confirm that it works.

Download SUS (formerly SEUS) from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/
    I had the same problem as OP and resolved it using SEUS - can confirm that it works.

I did said that i tried olso the update service from sony, and when it finishes the download and begins to install the update, after 15 to 20 seconds or so, pops up a message and says to make sure the battery is fully charged and try again. :(

Okay, might be able to help you.
    You can manually flash a ftf file to make your phone work
    I did said that i tried olso the update service from sony, and when it finishes the download and begins to install the update, after 15 to 20 seconds or so, pops up a message and says to make sure the battery is fully charged and try again. :(

Oh I didnt read that .. then the only thing you can try is using Flashtool and flash the firmware manually.. it should work..