I Need Email.APK (Exchange)

Search This thread

MiB1

Apr 28, 2008
I'm looking for this .apk as well, I just updated to Kezraplane's Optimized Galaxy W Stock V2 and there is no email client, I know I could get one from the marketplace but the default client supports my hotmail accounts without any messing about.

MiB1

Apr 28, 2008
This Is a system app and has to be installed on the rom it self.
If not it just won't work.

Sent from my GT-I8150

Due to a comment made about the .apk by KezraPlanes, who built the ROM I'm using, I'm sure that the installer can be obtained and will probably be installed using RzRecovery, I only asked on this thread to help the OP and myself get an answer.

TuxBrothers

Nov 18, 2011
Don't get me wrong i'm only trying to give you the correct answer ;-)
If apps not are in the ROM where they should be normally you have to flash them in the operating disc.
Another solution would be to copy the right files into the operating system.

Sent from GT-I8150

Reactions: MiB1

tievolu

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks fender90 but it doesn't work, just shows as Not Installed

You can't install the apk like you can with a user-level app, because this is a system app.

You need to copy the .apk (and the associated .odex file if there is one) directly to /system/app. To that you need to be root, and you need a root-capable file explorer which can re-mount the system partition as writeable. ES File Explorer on the market works fine - check the settings to re-mount the partition as writeable, then copy the file(s) to where they need to be

I believe you can also push the file into /system/app using adb, but that's probably more complicated and risky than using a file explorer on your device.

Top Liked Posts