Does anyone know how to Force shutdown htc one?

Search This thread

snorglamp

Mar 27, 2012
Hi cIsA, thanks for your considered response. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that TWRP does indeed replace the fastboot screen and so I can confirm that after flashing TWRP onto the recovery partition, holding volume down and power boots you into the TWRP directly (recovery). The good news is that from within android itself (booting up the stock rom as normal), I did a factory reset and it removed this behavior!!! So holding down volume down and power, did bring me to the screen you show above. Once I got there, I could go to recovery which takes me to TWRP (as expected as factory reset doesnt replace the recovery.img) and because the factory reset rolled-back the automatic android updates, TWRP is working again, touch and everything! Am now able to flash the rom, and ADB/fastboot recognise the device as attached. Factory reset from WITHIN android OS was the key step to get that fastboot screen back and stop TWRP taking over. Hopefully this may assist someone else one day...thank you for your help and responses!

SkrubbyWubbyKins

Jun 25, 2015
yep.
This is going to sound crazy but it works.
put phone under a bright light source
press and hold power
lights will eventually blink
phone will shut off

- I just wanna say, you've completely saved my phone! My M8 was frozen in the camera app and had begun to overheat to an extreme extent (I had to put it in my fridge to cool it down, hah..), I'm quite sure the hardware would've been extremely damaged and probably would have made the device bricked, I never once thought of the ambient light sensor as a fix but it worked! Can't thank you enough lol this is why I love XDA :D :good:

Reactions: Ayieko

Ayieko

Feb 25, 2016
Nairobi
Power plus volume worked

I read somewhere also that if you hold power button and volume up as well as volume down all at the same time for a few seconds when phone is frozen, it boots the phone like a pulling battery out reboot effect.

Sent from xda premium
Thanks guys, I successfully rebooted the phone.
Holding down Volume Up plus Volume Down plus Power Buttons worked for HTC x9u. The light trick did not work. I suppose the florescent tube was not bright enough. Only the screen was frozen the phone was working normally. Just hold down the 3 keys if the light trick isn't working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every once in awhile when i try install a custom rom it freezes when i try to reboot it. When this happens i have to wait until my phone's battery dies. My phones not bricked or anything its just frozen. does any know how to force shutdown htc one? Thanks:laugh:

yep.
    This is going to sound crazy but it works.
    put phone under a bright light source
    press and hold power
    lights will eventually blink
    phone will shut off
    I read somewhere also that if you hold power button and volume up as well as volume down all at the same time for a few seconds when phone is frozen, it boots the phone like a pulling battery out reboot effect.

Sent from xda premium
    a bright light? lol ok ill try

yes. It's necessary to overwhelm the ambient light sensor.

Thanks it worked! <3

Confirm this is true!

I was stuck in the aroma when I was flashing the kernel. I tried for hours to shut it down (tried everything, like hold down for minutes, all combination of holding buttons, etc..) but nothing works. At last I found this post and followed the instructions...

Additional info: The Light sensor has to be stimulated for couple second (may due to some buffer on the sensor reading). The last time I succeeded when I pointed a LED light to the sensor for about 10 seconds and then hold down the power button.

Thanks gunnyman! (Say thanks with words and Thanks button! XD)