[UTIL] TouchWatch 2.01b - Timer/Stopwatch application

Search This thread

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
This is an old version. Get the new one here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3837186

Hi again,

it's time to release a beta of the next version of TouchWatch. :)

This utility is in beta status. Please report bugs into this thread. Thank you.

Requirements:

Features:
  • up to 6 timers or stopwatches
  • landscape support
  • d-pad support
  • should work on all screen resolutions (VGA,QVGA,WVGA etc.)
  • use your own notifications sounds

Usage:
The usage is very simple. Just use fingertips to start or stop a timer (d-pad action). If you want to reset a timer, hold down your finger for 500ms (d-pad action for 500ms). To modify the settings of a timer, tab on the left side icon and the settings will open (d-pad left).
The top notification bar is showing radio strength, battery status, bluetooth status, wireless status and some other informations. Tab on the left side of the top bar to open the main settings screen (or use north gesture, d-pad right). To hide the application click the middle part of the top bar (or use south gesture). To close it click the right side of the top bar.

topbar.png
dpad.png

Installation:
Copy and run the CAB file on your device. You will find a shortcut to TouchWatch2 in your programs startmenu.
If you get an error that some DLL is missing: This can happen with some ROMs. Extract and copy the files located in the "TouchWatch2 DLLs.zip" into the "\Programs\TouchWatch2" directory and maybe TouchWatch will execute.

Version History:
2.01b:
* Added an option to select between application- or standard taskbar.
* Fixed bug: Font directory not found at startup (DirectoryNotFoundException).
2.0b:
* First beta release.

Support me with a donation for future developments:

Thank you!

Old Version 1:
You can get the v1 of Touchwatch here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=367333

Screenshots:

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 862
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 759
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:

atomic2mod

Nov 16, 2007
Great App! Absolutely love it and use it daily!

2 things:
1) When my phone goes into stand-by, the alarm does not go off - just a quiet vibration.
2) The top bar is very, very tiny. It's impossible to click the area to minimize or close the app.

Suggestion: Add soft-keys on the bottom bar, like Menu (close; minimize; about) and Settings on the other side.

I'm using it on:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro; WM6.1pro; VGA screen

thanks a bunch! Great Work!!!!

N'da

Dec 3, 2007
Vesoul
No problem for me, just working fine on trinity except the fact that's it's for wwe rom, the cab doen't put the fonts in the "police" folder on my french rom so it made an error. I created a Fonts one to put the .ttf and all works fine. Thanks for sharing.

p-de-geus

Oct 26, 2006
On my Tytn2 with WM6.1(HTC dutch Rom) it doesnt even start.

I get the following error:

DirectoryNotFoundException

I do have Net CF 3.5 installed.

Last edited:

boggle

Sep 14, 2007
Won't start on a Touch 3G - it reports "An unexpected error has occurred in TouchWatch2.exe" and "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on the device." - which is very unlikely given that this is a brand new handset from HTC with ROM dated October 2008 ?

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Congratulations for TouchWatch application! Like it over G-Watch for one main reason, I was able to minimise it to do other stuff.

I'm running it in a TyTN II. Works great.

I've some suggestions:

1. Put icons over the top three locations (Main settings, minimise and close). Users don't need to guess what to do next once they launch the application and they don't read instructions :).

2. Increase the size of the two icons signifying timer and stopwatch (older people like me with poorer eyesight have difficulty distinguishing which is which).

3. Or put the words Timer and Stopwatch above the icons.

4. Possibility to change the background of the application (best is to use three colour slider).

Keep up the good work. Thanks.

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Congratulations for TouchWatch application! Like it over G-Watch for one main reason, I was able to minimise it to do other stuff.

I'm running it in a TyTN II. Works great.

I've some suggestions:

1. Put icons over the top three locations (Main settings, minimise and close). Users don't need to guess what to do next once they launch the application and they don't read instructions :).

2. Increase the size of the two icons signifying timer and stopwatch (older people like me with poorer eyesight have difficulty distinguishing which is which).

3. Or put the words Timer and Stopwatch above the icons.

4. Possibility to change the background of the application (best is to use three colour slider).

Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback zard. I will have a look and will try to realize this suggestions.

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Won't start on a Touch 3G - it reports "An unexpected error has occurred in TouchWatch2.exe" and "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on the device." - which is very unlikely given that this is a brand new handset from HTC with ROM dated October 2008 ?

Please try the following:
Download, extract and copy the files located in the "Touchwatch2 DLLs.zip" into the program folder of TouchWatch2 (\Programs\TouchWatch2). Maybe this will work for you.

Doctor Walpurgis

Sep 25, 2008
Looking good!

This is coming along very nicely! The problem with v1, where the form filled only 1/4 of the screen, has been resolved, and I like the addition of the stopwatch and the additional options. I also like the way it now ties in with the TF3D look.

... it reports "An unexpected error has occurred in TouchWatch2.exe" and "This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on the device." - which is very unlikely given that this is a brand new handset from HTC with ROM dated October 2008 ?

Using a recently purchased HTC Touch Diamond, I got the same problem, but installing Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 did the trick.

2) The top bar is very, very tiny. It's impossible to click the area to minimize or close the app.

Suggestion: Add soft-keys on the bottom bar, like Menu (close; minimize; about) and Settings on the other side.

Agree with both of these points. The standard top bar, with the Windows menu, system icons and close button, should be retained, and menus added to the bottom bar (Menu and Settings or File and Options, perhaps).

Final suggestions: it would be good if the sound selection dialog allowed browsing to other file locations, and it would be helpful if there was a sound test button.

A great little app - thank you!

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Final suggestions: it would be good if the sound selection dialog allowed browsing to other file locations, and it would be helpful if there was a sound test button.

A great little app - thank you!

Hi,

you can browse files anywhere on your device. Use the UP button. If you select a sound, it plays once.

Thanks for all your feedback.

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
It now starts up. I'll test it now.
on first look a nice program:):)

[Edit]
The only thing i can come up with now is that there is no sound when the pda is in stand-by.

The timers will stop if the device is in standby. There is no workaround. It's depending on the Windows Mobile architecture. :(

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I also have Chronos installed and that keeps on going even when my tytn2 is in stand-by. So it is possible.

Does Chronos suspend the default standby, and just lock the keys and power the screen off? - WM stops most processes running to extend battery life.

Thanks for the update to TouchWatch! :)

p-de-geus

Oct 26, 2006
Does Chronos suspend the default standby, and just lock the keys and power the screen off? - WM stops most processes running to extend battery life.

Thanks for the update to TouchWatch! :)

Chronos even keeps running when i put my tytn2 manually in stand-by with the power button.
So i guess it goes realy in stand-by or chronos is doing something even when you put it manually in stand-by, not for sure.

Last edited: