[Q] How to root the Xperia Z1

Search This thread

Vaskie

Oct 28, 2013
Hello everyone,

Been lurking on this forum for a while and have now decided to post. Both me and my fiance have been proud owners of the Xperia Z1 for a few months but we are a little bit new to Android, or atleast, messing up with it i would say.

We are still on 4.2.2 (EE UK) but am expecting the 4.3 update to be out on the next few days.

How easy, or how possible is it to root the Z1 with either 4.2.2 or 4.3 ?

I have tried following a few articles here and there but all of them talk about stuff that i am not sure i want to change, or that i am even sure are needed. Some mention the bootloader, some mention the camera breaking, some mention that you need to root it on a previous version and then flash something.

All in all, i don't want to mess with anything except just being able to root the device so i can install certain programs.

Thank you :D

mellll

Aug 25, 2010
London Ontario Canada
Hello everyone,

Been lurking on this forum for a while and have now decided to post. Both me and my fiance have been proud owners of the Xperia Z1 for a few months but we are a little bit new to Android, or atleast, messing up with it i would say.

We are still on 4.2.2 (EE UK) but am expecting the 4.3 update to be out on the next few days.

How easy, or how possible is it to root the Z1 with either 4.2.2 or 4.3 ?

I have tried following a few articles here and there but all of them talk about stuff that i am not sure i want to change, or that i am even sure are needed. Some mention the bootloader, some mention the camera breaking, some mention that you need to root it on a previous version and then flash something.

All in all, i don't want to mess with anything except just being able to root the device so i can install certain programs.

Thank you :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439328

cant get easier than that, took me less than 2 minutes from download to root. If you just want to root, then only follow the instructions on root. Done. Should really be easy if not then dont bother rooting your phone.

Vaskie

Oct 28, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439328

cant get easier than that, took me less than 2 minutes from download to root. If you just want to root, then only follow the instructions on root. Done. Should really be easy if not then dont bother rooting your phone.

Thank you for your post, though i am slightly confused. From what i read, it seems as if rooting doesn't work with the last versions ?

If you read my post, i explain that i saw that some people were posting that they had to root the device and then flash something on top to preserve the root.

meetdaleet

Sep 24, 2013
Berlin
Preserving full Root via OTA for example, is only possible from Firmware 534 to 257. The 290 can only be rooted with unlocked bootloader either for locked bootloader you might check the Tutorial from NUT on the developer area.

Regards
meet

gesendet mit meinem ololol Photohandy via TapaTalk