Battery Stats Thread

Search This thread

d33f

Apr 18, 2010
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
Battery test is fine again now :)

Earlier on i reported that my % had decreased from 88% to 83% with the HTC Battery test. Today i tested again and closed all unnecessary apps + battery monitor widget (furthermore i saw contact/FB/G+ etc running while i haven't used them since reboot).

Now i have 89% left after 1 hour of testing ^^

forumhookersdotcom

Apr 22, 2012
I don't know why so many users here have poor battery life with only 2-3hrs screen on time. Must be user error or installed too many crap. According to Anandtech, the One X is able to do 7hrs of continuous web browsing over 3G which is damn amazing! That is much better than my nexus one with a double capacity extended battery or my brother's galaxy note. I think its impossible to drain a One X in less than 2 days under heavy usage.

46097.png

More than 200 users post their stats. So do you think all of us use the phone in wrong way.

May be anandtech info are wrong as they doesn't show on screen time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

d33f

Apr 18, 2010
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
I think its impossible to drain a One X in less than 2 days under heavy usage.

Furthermore i think 2 days under heavy usage is a 'little' exaggerated (or it must be running on nuclear fuel)

When i play core/gpu demanding games i get a battery drainage in the range of 600 to 900mAh. That would make 2 to 3 hours before the battery is totally empty (1800mAh). That is what i call normal heavy usage.

Even when i browser a flash based website i sometimes see a drainage around 600 to 800mAh because it is powering up all the cores.

P

Packer2058

These are my stats. Normal? R excessive drainage?

Last edited:

kish3n

Apr 19, 2012
London
as mentioned before ... manual sync of fb and twitter has a mahoooosive impact on battery life!! defo a top tip!!

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
More than 200 users post their stats. So do you think all of us use the phone in wrong way.

May be anandtech info are wrong as they doesn't show on screen time.

Those are the screen on time..............thats over 9 hours of web browsing time for the AT&T One X and around 7 hours for the International One x.

These tests are done though from 100% to 0%, theres no standby etc...granted, from what i'm seeing currently, I can hit over 5 hours easily on my One X after factory data resetting and flashing ARHD. Almost 6 possibly with heavy XDA usage and web browsing. Everything on connected to wi-fi but GPS is off as I don't use it much

Chileno4Live

Mar 15, 2011
Almere
Just now I got these stats, I am satisfied. I played Shadowgun Tegra 3 for like 15 mins as well. Screen brightness is at 33%. Stock and no root. I use Sense 4 launcher if that matters.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X met Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336438393736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336438393736.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 281
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336438410945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336438410945.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 276
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336438427030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336438427030.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 246

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Here's my stats. Running 1.28.707.10 asian firmware, flashed ARHD 5.1 which runs on 1.29.409.x EU firmware.

Can get 5+ hours screen on time easy if used till 2%. Medium-heavy usage of just only web browsing and XDA as well as facebook messaging etc... Wi-fi on 100% all the time, connected around 85% of the time. 3G on etc...everything is on, location services, sync, blah blah blah. Only GPS is turned off as well as bluetooth and NFC.

This is more of what I'm talking about. Can only get better with better kernels.

Note: I originally was getting horrible battery life.....like 1% for every 2 minutes of display time, and the HTC function test yielded me around 75%. After factory data reset on stock RUU, ran test again and got 87%. Flashed ARHD 5.1 and got the results below.

Screenshot_2012-05-07-22-04-20.jpg

Screenshot_2012-05-07-22-04-35.jpg

ParagonDevil

Aug 17, 2010
Singapore
Here is my battery usage..

2012-05-07_17-07-09.png

2012-05-07_17-07-05.png

I charge my phone to 100%,turn off wifi and mobile network before going to sleep. Overnight it loses about 3% of charge and when i turn on my screen for a few sec, turn off go do something else and it will drop by another 5%. It seems like something was awake when it is on standby but i can't find out what that is. Is that normal? Turning on the screen with 97% then it becomes 92% awhile when you come back later.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Anyone who believes that there may be OS related issues draining battery: Download BetterBatteryStats, check Partial Wakelock and Kernel Wakelock stats. Excessive wakelock is a sign of something misbehaving.

nism0o

Mar 10, 2011
Skodje
Mine on stock rom 1.29

90% after batt test.

53f3cf70-acaa-f165.jpg

53f3cf70-acbe-e1f0.jpg

Everyting on..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

dmestriner

Dec 20, 2010
but how? -_- as I said a few posts back, an hour by train, playing some games and using google reader and Dolphin Browser, my battery goes from 100 to ~60

punyategar

Mar 5, 2011
jatinangor
4hours of screen-on time with internet is definately as max as it can be.

I own a lg o2x. In our dvlpmnt, we got an app called guesteOC. You can monitor in what frequency the procies are on. With tegra2, even a simple task such as scrolling pages already put the cores in its max freq (depend on how high you set it up). Probably the same thing's also happening with tegra3.

They need to put razr maxx's battery in there.

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
4hours of screen-on time with internet is definately as max as it can be.

I own a lg o2x. In our dvlpmnt, we got an app called guesteOC. You can monitor in what frequency the procies are on. With tegra2, even a simple task such as scrolling pages already put the cores in its max freq (depend on how high you set it up). Probably the same thing's also happening with tegra3.

They need to put razr maxx's battery in there.

definitely not.......as i've passed the 4 hours mark with 25% battery still left.

5 hours is easy with medium usage of just some apps, XDA and web browsing. A little gaming like 10 minutes would be okay too, but definitely puts a bigger dent in battery.

Can only get better with kernels

Candy-men

May 15, 2007
Berlin
Sitting in a train or something else with metallic Body drains Battery because the Train is shielding the signal. So the one X has to put much more power to keep signal. Test it in a good Signal condition!

DomCowell

Dec 4, 2010
but how? -_- as I said a few posts back, an hour by train, playing some games and using google reader and Dolphin Browser, my battery goes from 100 to ~60

Brightness? I never have auto-brightness on myself as inevitably it goes much brighter than I need it - I got 5 hours screen time the other day with 20% left..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Serves no realistic use, but purely out of curiosity I tested the standby time lol. 282ish hours

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Wow, not to troll or anything but the screen on time for the one X is BAD!
    Compared to my SGS2 that gets 4~5 hours screen time with normal use (50% brightness) and 6~7 hours of browsing (20% brightness).

Think HTC messed up with the small battery of these phones. Should have sacrificed a little bit of thickness for a bigger battery

Great news, fantastic news!

Now if you wouldn't mind, there are some very happy HOX owners here, that care not a tinkers cuss for the screen time of a Samsung phone, or what a Samsung owner thinks HTC "should have done", so do run along.
    These are my stats from first day...not bad given how much I'm played with it
    51ae99c2-3ca4-a8e9.jpg
    51ae99c2-3caf-45b7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    This is a stat I achieved the other day (lowest brightness, WiFi connected & I barely actually touched it) but in real world normal use I get about 3 hours of screen on in auto mode.

Like I said, without detailed usage some of these stats being quoted are utterly meaningless.
    why r u here, troll.

There, fixed that for you.