Search This thread

begz

Jul 4, 2011
zamboanga city
for clarifacation purpose

hello CM9 team,,

i read about ics leak warning from Entropy512 thread

i have something to ask about your kernel...

is your kernel from an ICS leaK?
or
is it from an official FW from another phone model?..
or
personal build kernel?..

do you have flashable kernel zip only?..
i am willing to try your flashable kernel zip only:D

Aleeeeeeeeex

Dec 30, 2011
Bucharest
Read the posts before. This has been asked in the past, and the answer was No. This kernel is not from the i9220, so that warning does not apply here. I personally flashed it and it's working very good, with the few "bugs" that every beta or alpha has at this stage.

DuperMan

Oct 22, 2007
i'm not pushing u, and no need to say sorry, take your time

btw, the script can be re-generated for patching the file names or locations automatically by running a script on the phone

I'd love to have that script! Been stuck for days trying to figure out what needs extracting where :) mind pointing me in the right direction or sharing it if it's of your making?
Will google the subject in the meanwhile since I have a hunch I'm missing something obvious but thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

shayshiko

Apr 14, 2012
hmmm....

battery drainin really fast, even after clean flash and wipes :(

Last edited:

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
I'd love to have that script! Been stuck for days trying to figure out what needs extracting where :) mind pointing me in the right direction or sharing it if it's of your making?
Will google the subject in the meanwhile since I have a hunch I'm missing something obvious but thanks in advance!

oh, i wrote it weeks ago but not completed yet
i've sent a modified version to one of the ppl here asking for the script, but since it;s not finished yet and requires some changes to the path settings etc, i didnt post it here

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
hello CM9 team,,

i read about ics leak warning from Entropy512 thread

i have something to ask about your kernel...

is your kernel from an ICS leaK?
or
is it from an official FW from another phone model?..
or
personal build kernel?..

do you have flashable kernel zip only?..
i am willing to try your flashable kernel zip only:D
1) This question is not development
2) Why don't you try actually reading the post you linked instead of just linking it?

Reactions: AA1973

freetadi

Dec 1, 2008
Thx for the great work this rom work like a magic on my phone. Heard some rumor about issues on the rom. Is development going to continue or not?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Thx for the great work this rom work like a magic on my phone. Heard some rumor about issues on the rom. Is development going to continue or not?

This belongs in the discussion thread located here.

But to answer your question, Entropy was just designated the CM9 maintainer for the n7000 this morning. Development will not only continue, it will be awesome.

apedropais

Dec 17, 2010
Rio
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 9 Pro

Felling the smell of burning noob.

Man..., rules are crystal clear:
- don't ask for ETAs,
- this thread is for development,
- known issues are in general cm9 thread,
- use the thanks button to thanks,
- search before asking!

Nothing personal, but this kind of OT posts creates noise on the thread. Please, follow the rules.

B

baz77

Depends if it boots with that dpi

schmickers

Nov 26, 2007
Can we flash nightlies straight over the top of this experimental ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEVELOPMENT THREAD
    FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY

DISCUSSION THREAD FOR USERS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1627854

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http://get.cm/?device=n7000

http://github.com/cyanogenmod

Getting Started:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Howto:_Gerrit

Example:
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo start branchname CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxynote
    -- Make your changes at device/samsung/galaxynote
    - cd device/samsung/galaxynote
    - git add -A
    - git commit -a
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo upload CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_galaxynote

Navigate to http://review.cyanogenmod.com , click your commit and add codeworkx and xplodwild as reviewer.

xplodwild, mauimauer, entropy512, codeworkx, teamhacksung, cyanogenmod, and maybe a few others I might not think of right now

You can either help us by giving FULL bug reports WITH LOGS, WITH REPRO CASE, ETC, or by submitting patches.
    If you're not a developer, you can hit the "Donate to me" button up ahead, or hit the Donate button on teamhacksung's page
    Thanks to all donators!
    Good luck.

So, s-pen works incorrectly in landscape mode, right?
    I'll try to push a fix soon if I'll get familiar with gerrit etc and if it won't be already fixed.

Could you please update 'how to send patches' with information valid for your Note branch? Or it's basically the same?
    MOD Notice

Once again this thread has had to be cleaned, this is a development thread, if you have any general user questions then please use the provided discussion thread. It is clearly highlighted in the first post, so there can be no excuses. So if you have nothing directly to add to the development of this ROM, do not post here!​
    Build #3 available.