Search This thread

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376517289993.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376517289993.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 58

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, you flashed a Note 2 kernel that is for an Exynos SoC to the SGS3, which is a Qualcomm SoC? I'm not sure why anyone would even think to try this in the first place, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to warn everyone. Also, this is exactly the reason VZW locks the bootloader, because people do things like this and then get warranty replacements.

As for fixing it, you should be able to, but you likely need a USB jig to force it into download mode, then a full Odin tar plus a PIT file so you can re-partition properly.
    And this is why most people should not be allowed to root and ROM phones....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    Exactly what imnuts said. People sending their phones back for warranty replacement due to mistakes THEY made themselves is exactly why verizon is locking bootloaders and why rooting voids your warranty. If people took responsibility for their own actions, the rest of us wouldn't have to pay for the consequences.
    Should change the title to I bricked my phone by flashing a kernel that was not made for my phone. The kernel did not brick your phone you did by making a really bad decision.
    This thread is bad and you should feel bad, too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app