[GUIDE] Install NvFlash Flatline (become unbrickable!!)

Search This thread

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Booting into APX

I have acquired a new tf300t.. Have a tf700t did this with no issues at all...But with the 300 every things golden till I tried to boot my 300 into APX mode (more than 30 times I tried)... I am working on a solution...Has anyone else had this issue.... If so what worked... Thx lj

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Reactions: lj50036

BrakeZ

Jan 22, 2014
Thank you very much, I just successfully made this guide, everything went really smooth :)
Now I have my finally question... And that is how I can unbrick my tablet with those files in case I would brick it?
I suppose that I should flash the blob file with fastboot, but what should I do with the images files(bricksafe, factory-config, unlock-token)?
You can just send me some link, if there is already some guide to recover it from brick.
Tahnks again, really great job guys!!

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Thank you very much, I just successfully made this guide, everything went really smooth :)
Now I have my finally question... And that is how I can unbrick my tablet with those files in case I would brick it?
I suppose that I should flash the blob file with fastboot, but what should I do with the images files(bricksafe, factory-config, unlock-token)?
You can just send me some link, if there is already some guide to recover it from brick.
Tahnks again, really great job guys!!

No problem, look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47903957&postcount=2

Reactions: lj50036

BrakeZ

Jan 22, 2014

Thank you!

And I have already some problem. I know that it is not belong exactly here, but I cant post to Android development topic, because I have just 4 posts right now, but I thnik it is just general problem.
I have flashed TWRP 2.6.3.1 and than tried to install CM11. But an error has occured -> "No md5 file" and "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed".
I have completly wiped my tablet before installation CM so now I can boot just into TWRP.
I have read that TWRP has some problems with CM11 so I guess it would work fine with CWM. But to flash CWM into tablet first I need to recover my original ROM, right?
Can I use this guide:
1) Download the latest firmware from Asus website
2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop (the result will be another .zip file,use it for step 3)
3) Rename the extracted archive to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE.ZIP" (without the " ") and upload it to a MicroSD card
4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire.
At this point the device will go in recovery and should start updating your firmware .
Or do I need to use my NvFlash recovery files and do all the proces that you have sent me?
Thanks!

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Thank you!

And I have already some problem. I know that it is not belong exactly here, but I cant post to Android development topic, because I have just 4 posts right now, but I thnik it is just general problem.
I have flashed TWRP 2.6.3.1 and than tried to install CM11. But an error has occured -> "No md5 file" and "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed".
I have completly wiped my tablet before installation CM so now I can boot just into TWRP.
I have read that TWRP has some problems with CM11 so I guess it would work fine with CWM. But to flash CWM into tablet first I need to recover my original ROM, right?
Can I use this guide:

Or do I need to use my NvFlash recovery files and do all the proces that you have sent me?
Thanks!

That installation will only work if you have the stock rom and stock recovery. Use fastboot to install cwm (and make sure it is the touch CWM). Then try installing CM.

Reactions: BrakeZ

rychu90

Jan 21, 2013
Tf300TG

Done backup to my TF300TG 4.2.1 Bootloader: 10.6.2.11

Everything works and now I can sleep peacefully :D

larscn

Aug 3, 2011
One question. If I generate the backup files for my tf300t is there any reason why they won't work for someone elses tf300?

Edit: and I am on CM 10.2. As long as I'm on the 4.2 bootloader it doesn't matter, I can still use the guide without reverting back to stock, right?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
One question. If I generate the backup files for my tf300t is there any reason why they won't work for someone elses tf300?

Edit: and I am on CM 10.2. As long as I'm on the 4.2 bootloader it doesn't matter, I can still use the guide without reverting back to stock, right?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Similar to how everyone has a different Serial Number, the NvFlash files are unique to each device.

As long as your bootloader is 10.6.1.15.3 and above, you can use the guide. You do not have to be on a stock ROM; I made my backups when I was on PAC 4.3.

Reactions: larscn

dolefi

Mar 22, 2014
Hi
i have a problem with step 4, when i try to flash the .img file it says that im out of memory
C:\Users\Filip\Desktop\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery flatline_device.img -i 0x0b05
error: out of memory
can anybody help me or have anybody the same problem ? (im unlocked)

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi
i have a problem with step 4, when i try to flash the .img file it says that im out of memory
C:\Users\Filip\Desktop\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery flatline_device.img -i 0x0b05
error: out of memory
can anybody help me or have anybody the same problem ? (im unlocked)

fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery nameofyour.img

I think this is the correct command, but it should not really matter where the vendor code goes...

Make sure the md5 matches and that the recovery is smaller than 8 megs

Thx Josh

dolefi

Mar 22, 2014
hallo again
i accidentaly insert usb to USB 3.0 so it doesnt work but i have another problem after i flashed recovery to my device im stuck on "cold-booting linux" i hope i dont bricked it bud it doesnt do enything. Can i unplug USB or try to reboot it ? because i dont want to brick it

Edit: im little bit paranoid but after a while i reboot it and it works =)

Last edited:

aalyasseri

Jan 17, 2010
Thanks for the guide, and just to confirm your guide work perfect for my TF300TG with Bootloader 10.6.2.11. now i have all needed files and ready to try Linux OS.

Jan 29, 2011
Have anyone bootloader backup files from 4.2.1 WW (15.3 or higher)? I need to unbrick my tf300, but i don't have blob.bin file to unlock nvflash access. Can anyone send me this file on pm?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Have anyone bootloader backup files from 4.2.1 WW (15.3 or higher)? I need to unbrick my tf300, but i don't have blob.bin file to unlock nvflash access. Can anyone send me this file on pm?

You cannot use someone else's blobs on your tablet. Like every tablet has a individual serial number, each has a unique blob file. You had to have made the blob files prior to using wheelie and NvFlash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Optimized Guide is for NvFlash Flatline only! That is for stock Android Versions: 10.6.1.15.3 - 10.6.1.27.5.

According to this post and this post, it works with the tf300tg as well. Bootloader: 10.6.2.11

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2455922

Why install NvFlash?

The AndroidRoot.Mobi Team is proud to present Flatline: Nvflash for TF300T Jellybean!

This release allows generating nvflash blobs for your specific device, making your device unbrickable as long as you have a copy of the blobs.
    As a brand new feature, it will also enable wifi and upload a copy of the blob to androidroot's server. Later, a solution will be released to retrieve the blobs from the server if you ever loose them.

https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean/

Credit goes to the AndroidRoot.Mobi team:
    Bumble-Bee (Apache14), IEF, kmdm, lilstevie & RaYmAn.

You will need ADB and fastboot for this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269. I would suggest keeping the tablet at least at 50% battery.

Guide:

1) Download files
    NvFlash for windows.
    and the TF300 image, which is a custom recovery for the purpose of flashing the AndroidRoot Bootloader.

Place image in ADB folder, and rename it to: flatline_device.img

2) Install Naked Drivers. This may be optional for you. If you can proceed to the next step without, you won't need it.

3) Enter fastboot by rebooting and holding down the power and vol down button. TF300 enters fastboot automatically since this is 4.2 BL.

4) Next we need to enter a command. In side the ADB folder, hold shift and right click. Then select Open command window here.

first check to make sure the device is connected:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    The device serial number should be listed.

enter command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery flatline_device.img -i 0x0b05

Blue bar on device will fill. Be patient.

5) Reboot the Device back into Android. This is an important step.

6) Reboot into recovery which should be CWM at this point. Go Advanced -> Wheelie. Accept the warning.
    step 1) Flash AndroidRoot BL
    The device will shut down, reboot into Android. Then reboot back into recovery.
    step 2) Once back in recovery select go to Advanced ->:”Generate wheelie blobs” Be patient here too.

They can be found in the device at /data/media/AndroidRoot" or /tmp/AndroidRoot
    You can use ADB to get them:
    Code:
    adb pull /data/media/AndroidRoot
    or
    Code:
    adb pull /tmp/AndroidRoot

Alternatively, you can use a root file explorer such as ES File Manager. Be sure to copy all of the files out of the directory. Make sure you have root access before you try to search for the files.
    Keep this file safe in multiple places.

7)The next section (Accessing NVFlash) is for creating more essential backups with NVFlash.
    step 1) Hold down the volume up key while rebooting and the tablet is plugged in via USB. (This may take a few tries to get into APX mode). If you are successful, the screen will be blank and the device name on the computer will be something along the lines of "NVIDIA APX"
    step 2) Take the NvFlash tools zip and extract them to a folder. Shift right click in that folder and select "Open Command window here".
    step 3) Copy the blob.bin from the Step # 7 above into the NvFlash folder.
    step 4) run the command:
    Code:
    wheelie --blob blob.bin

8) Next we run some commands to get even more backup files. These should all be run from the same command window in the previous step.
    Code:
    nvflash --resume --rawdeviceread 0 2944 bricksafe.img
    Code:
    nvflash --resume --read 14 factory-config.img
    Code:
    nvflash --resume --read 7 unlock-token.img

These files will be stored in C:\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore (on the computer)
    If they are not there, run a search on your computer for
    Code:
    *img

9.) Flash any other recovery you want, including TWRP. Be sure it is the correct version for your bootloader.

10.) Store ALL of the img files AND the blob.bin AND all other files in the folder in multiple safe places (email, dropbox, HDD, flash drive, SD card, tape backup, or your favorite plant etc.)

11.) Enjoy the peace of mind that you can now restore your device if you brick it :)

Hit that thanks button if I helped and also thanks to @bucket81 and of course AndroidRoot.mobi devs @rayman
    Recovery

For recovery from a brick when you have already made your NvFlash backups, look here:

As @ebildude123 pointed out, first try

Code:
    nvflash -r --download 5 twrp.blob

where the output should be:

Code:
    Nvflash v1.13.87205 started
    [resume mode]
    sending file: twrp.blob
    - 8165480/8165480 bytes sent
    twrp.blob sent successfully

Then the device proceeded to reboot into android :)

If that does not work, try using the method here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590450

Thanks to @lj50036 and @bucket81
    Hello guys! This nvflash does it work in the Memopad 301T or only TF300T? Both tab works for Tegra 3.

If you can flash a Tf300t version of CWM recovery to your ME301 then it could work. I dont have a 301, so i cant test it but i dont think it will because this is bootloader specific and the me301 does not have the same bootloader.
    Hello,

Thanks for the information.
    I have one more question.
    What should I install CWM, this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597860 or this: https://download.androidroot.mobi/flatline_tf300.img ?

You need to use this https://download.androidroot.mobi/flatline_tf300.img one because it has the NvFlash options.
    Just wondering, if I made the blobs for preJB, then upgraded to JB (so now I'm on JB bootloader), should I bother using Flatline? or will my preJB blobs be ok (and make me unbrickable)?

Well, when you restore, you restore back to ICS bootloader so you will have to reflash the stock JB zips first. I don't think its worth the hassle if you already have them.