[ROM] [IMM76D] 06/04/12 Pixel Rom 1.72 Pure & Simple Dexedrine Addicition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
Now here comes something.......

I don't intend to change the world, break speed records.This Rom is a gift from Google, with a little help from myself, some tweaks from Brainmaster, a UI mod from Evilisto and a kernel from Terry Hau. Credits to Krarvind (for the commits in his github) & KalimchoAz (Cyanogen - CM9 4.0) for the BIGMEM patch.

v1.72 Lite Touch
  • Stock IMM76D
  • Tested on GSM Nexus S - i9020a, i9023
  • Galaxy Nexus Sounds
  • Memory tweaks
  • Display tweaks
  • Database tweaks
  • Turd-burglar or Supercharger V6 Transit Van to A-Team Van conversion kit.
  • Dalvik on data partition
  • Zip-align on boot
  • Battery enhancements
  • HSDPA tweaks
  • Fully deodexed
  • Bootloader Free
  • Radio Free
  • Zip-aligned
  • Nexus S Original 2.3 Boot Animation
  • Latest Superuser apk and binary
  • Distinguishable 3G/HSDPA signal icons
  • Facebook contact sync
  • BLN (Backlight Notifications)
  • BLD (Backlight Dimmer)
  • CIFS module
  • Busybox (full) and Init.d support - insecure (ro.secure=0)
  • Voodoo Sound v10
  • Voodoo Colour v2
  • Deep Idle Bluetooth Fixes
  • Updated colour schemes
  • Transparent Notification Pulldown
  • Transparent Power Widgets
  • Custom wallpapers added
  • Notification based recents
  • Notification based lockscreen
  • TTF CM9 Camera
  • Apex Launcher
  • BIGMEM Patch support.

MIRRORS HOSTED BY XDAFILESERVER.NL

Installation (coming from another ROM)
  1. Perform a Full Wipe in Clockwork Mod Recovery
  2. After performing the full wipe (dalvik-cache, cache, system, data, boot), proceed to "install zip from SD card"
  3. Flash the full ROM
  4. Reboot the system
  5. It will take quite a while as the ROM is initialized firstly and then the dalvik cache is moved to the data partition.
  6. Enter your Google Sign in details to set up the telephone
  7. After flashing the ROM you must reboot the system immediately - don't try to save time installing every flashable zip you can find on your first go.

MOD PACK
A mod pack is on the mirror with notification toggles and extended power menu.

Changes 1.71a --> 1.72
Resolved tweaks to best performance.
Changes 1.71 --> 1.71a
Removed a lot of tweaks which have a counter productive effect on IMM76D.
Changes 1.70 --> 1.71
Add BIGMEM patch.

Attachments

• past_versions.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
Extras

screenshot2012011408114.png
screenshot2012033106363.png

screenshot2012022306081.png
screenshot2012033106161.png

To use the Backlights init.d script (which was originally included in v1.02):
  1. Use a file manager on your telephone with support for R/W access of /system/* such as ES File Explorer (FREE) or Root Explorer (PAID)
  2. Create a init.d directory under /system/etc so that you have a path /system/etc/init.d/
  3. Rename the attachment below removing the extension".txt" so that it becomes just "88backlight"
  4. Copy the file into /system/etc/init.d/
  5. Reboot

Thanks to Terry's intuitive init.d file you can manage your BLN and BLD without the need for NSTools.

Also - for those wanting the circular battery mod with numbered percentages - DOWNLOAD HERE

Attachments

• 88backlight.txt
    803 bytes · Views: 696
Last edited:

youtube10

Dec 5, 2010
Thank you.

Thank you so much. I've wanted this for forever. I got tired of facebook not working, and unnecessary tweaks I didn't want or need. I appreciate it, thanks again.

EDIT: I'm sorry, what do you mean no radio and bootloader? If I flash this ROM without flashing anything else, will my phone still work as usual?

Last edited:

guitmz

Dec 22, 2011
Berlin
Great man! Will download ASAP.. Can you show us some screenshots?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Oh and will work for i9020a?

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
Thank you so much. I've wanted this for forever. I got tired of facebook not working, and unnecessary tweaks I didn't want or need. I appreciate it, thanks again.

EDIT: I'm sorry, what do you mean no radio and bootloader? If I flash this ROM without flashing anything else, will my phone still work as usual?

it won't affect your current radio or boot loader.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

kalinusa

Apr 28, 2010
YESSSS!!!! I will definitely give it a go!!! I was just doing my morning run and JUST WHEN I WANTED TO SHARE A PIC on Facebook from the sunrise and BOOM CRASHING and I was supposed to be stock on Brainmaster.

EVERYBODY PUTS "STOCK" in the title of their rom but then when u read the post...Well it is STOCK but it has this and that and this and that and 1 million other tweaks. And then u start discovering how certain things dont work like the Hot spot or the Facebook or something..

YESSS!!! I was just dreaming for this rom. I just did not wanted to go through the hassle of rooting and the other things u listed!!!

croques

Oct 20, 2009
Looking good

I forgot to wipe anything coming from GB ... only realized as it was booting. Nice as it's kept all my GB settings.

Surprised to find the only thing complaining was Google +. Fixed by updating.

It is looking very good; not fast according to quadrant but feels smooth. No green flashes or ghosts at screen switch off. A keeper for a while until CM9 catches up.

dchoward1977

Jan 17, 2007
No problem. Great job on this. I'm not even feeling the need to reflash the GlaDOS kernel after this. It seems to run very well with the stock kernel.

Emama

Jul 30, 2010
sounds good to me since I just want my rom rooted without any fancy things..
and I dont know how to root =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now here comes something.......

I don't intend to change the world, break speed records.This Rom is a gift from Google, with a little help from myself, some tweaks from Brainmaster, a UI mod from Evilisto and a kernel from Terry Hau. Credits to Krarvind (for the commits in his github) & KalimchoAz (Cyanogen - CM9 4.0) for the BIGMEM patch.

v1.72 Lite Touch
    • Stock IMM76D
    • Tested on GSM Nexus S - i9020a, i9023
    • Galaxy Nexus Sounds
    • Memory tweaks
    • Display tweaks
    • Database tweaks
    • Turd-burglar or Supercharger V6 Transit Van to A-Team Van conversion kit.
    • Dalvik on data partition
    • Zip-align on boot
    • Battery enhancements
    • HSDPA tweaks
    • Fully deodexed
    • Bootloader Free
    • Radio Free
    • Zip-aligned
    • Nexus S Original 2.3 Boot Animation
    • Latest Superuser apk and binary
    • Distinguishable 3G/HSDPA signal icons
    • Facebook contact sync
    • BLN (Backlight Notifications)
    • BLD (Backlight Dimmer)
    • CIFS module
    • Busybox (full) and Init.d support - insecure (ro.secure=0)
    • Voodoo Sound v10
    • Voodoo Colour v2
    • Deep Idle Bluetooth Fixes
    • Updated colour schemes
    • Transparent Notification Pulldown
    • Transparent Power Widgets
    • Custom wallpapers added
    • Notification based recents
    • Notification based lockscreen
    • TTF CM9 Camera
    • Apex Launcher
    • BIGMEM Patch support.

MIRRORS HOSTED BY XDAFILESERVER.NL

Installation (coming from another ROM)
    1. Perform a Full Wipe in Clockwork Mod Recovery
    2. After performing the full wipe (dalvik-cache, cache, system, data, boot), proceed to "install zip from SD card"
    3. Flash the full ROM
    4. Reboot the system
    5. It will take quite a while as the ROM is initialized firstly and then the dalvik cache is moved to the data partition.
    6. Enter your Google Sign in details to set up the telephone
    7. After flashing the ROM you must reboot the system immediately - don't try to save time installing every flashable zip you can find on your first go.

MOD PACK
    A mod pack is on the mirror with notification toggles and extended power menu.

Changes 1.71a --> 1.72
    Resolved tweaks to best performance.
    Changes 1.71 --> 1.71a
    Removed a lot of tweaks which have a counter productive effect on IMM76D.
    Changes 1.70 --> 1.71
    Add BIGMEM patch.
    Extras

screenshot2012011408114.png
    screenshot2012033106363.png

screenshot2012022306081.png
    screenshot2012033106161.png

To use the Backlights init.d script (which was originally included in v1.02):
    1. Use a file manager on your telephone with support for R/W access of /system/* such as ES File Explorer (FREE) or Root Explorer (PAID)
    2. Create a init.d directory under /system/etc so that you have a path /system/etc/init.d/
    3. Rename the attachment below removing the extension".txt" so that it becomes just "88backlight"
    4. Copy the file into /system/etc/init.d/
    5. Reboot

Thanks to Terry's intuitive init.d file you can manage your BLN and BLD without the need for NSTools.

Also - for those wanting the circular battery mod with numbered percentages - DOWNLOAD HERE
    Please close this thread.

Its been a scream but its a lot of hard work to juggle with a very demanding daily travel and work schedule. I cannot offer what's needed to maintain this as quickly or constantly as I'd like.

I will try to get a stabilized v2 out that I teased with in unfortunately incomplete state.

Until then, thanks for all of the support and suggestions over the time of this thread.

Thanks to those who drove me crazy too.

I'll be around, and something may surface and possibly sooner rather than later, but for the time being this is the call for a hiatus.

Cheers all,

WP

As a side project for anyone wanting an even better Bugless Beast experience - I've uploaded a version of the latest BB nightly with busybox (init.d) and BIGMEM support.

So if anyone wants to rock crazy kernels properly on BB - theres a version of BB just for you.
    By the way my work on bugless beast may lead to toggles and reboot menus for us.