Note 3 4.4.2 Test build may be imminent

Search This thread

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
Looks like the credible SamMobile has 4.4.2 kitkat in their palms. We could expect a leak to be soon, in the past they have been really good about leaking firmware like how they already have for the s4 by contacting thier "elite friends."The picture below is a screenshot of the kitkat easteregg and wrote note 3 on it. Some of the things im most looking forwards to is Google wallet and the ability to hide apps from the app drawer. FUNFUNFUN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4dspICPJE

Basicly saying we'll leak it when it become more stable. It doesn't surprise me considering the s4 got it leaked already, but what does surprise me is that they got a kitkat leak first, considering we have the newer/premium device.
SamMobile on twitter posted "#NEXTUPDATE (Too buggy atm)"
Bdsb_qWIYAALkeC.png:small

Last edited:

johnminator

Aug 30, 2012
OK just a thought but if we do get the release.... the leaked one could there be a chance that there is some way we could unlock the bootloader.. being that it is a leak not fully locked down like the officials would be.

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
OK just a thought but if we do get the release.... the leaked one could there be a chance that there is some way we could unlock the bootloader.. being that it is a leak not fully locked down like the officials would be.

They leak will be as locked down if it's for our variant... And either way, chances are It will be for the international version so either way it's irrelevant. But it shouldn't be too hard to port it hopefully.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slowz3r

Jun 10, 2010
Malmstrom AFB, MT
This wont work with the verizon N3 will it.

EDIT: Anyone have a mirror that isnt slow as sin

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Yep, for international version, you can get it here http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/12...-galaxy-note-3-sm-n9005/#.UtMGEIhqC48.twitter Hopefully some of the dev's can get this working for us. DO NOT TRY INSTALLING ON THE VZW VERSION, YOU WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BRICK!

well poop

newuser134

Dec 18, 2009
Yep, for international version, you can get it here http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/12...-galaxy-note-3-sm-n9005/#.UtMGEIhqC48.twitterDO NOT TRY INSTALLING ON THE VZW VERSION, YOU WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BRICK!

Can this be installed on a Dev edition? Since it probably has the aboot partition included, will it lock the Dev edition phone? Once a dev makes this rom suitable for the retail version, is there a way to extract and repack the files without the aboot portion? How does one make an Odin-flashable file anyway if one has the partitions like boot.img, modem.bin etc? I've always been wanting to learn to make my own Odin .tar files in case I want to flash and don't have recovery installed.

Thanks

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Isn't anyone concerned about this update, I mean look at the SE Android Status from N9005 from the test build it is currently showing as Enforcing. For those of us with the Retail SM-N900V doesn't this mean no more Safestrap Recovery? Also, if you go back and read about the Test Firmware it does a complete wipe of Data, so shouldn't we be worried about Root too? I certainly understand the excitement over 4.4.2 but isn't anyone paying attention to what the test build has done?

Hard to be excited about losing Root and Safestrap to get KitKat... :confused:

Reactions: blackwell387

jparasita

Mar 21, 2011
Rochester NY
Isn't anyone concerned about this update, I mean look at the SE Android Status from N9005 from the test build it is currently showing as Enforcing. For those of us with the Retail SM-N900V doesn't this mean no more Safestrap Recovery? Also, if you go back and read about the Test Firmware it does a complete wipe of Data, so shouldn't we be worried about Root too? I certainly understand the excitement over 4.4.2 but isn't anyone paying attention to what the test build has done?

There is already root for the international version from chainfire but safestrap idk.

Last edited by a moderator:

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
There is already root for the international version from chainfire but safestrap idk.

You mean Root has been restored already on the international version, which this is mainly due to the Unlocked Bootloader, which it is simpler to restore Root on a device that has an Unlocked Bootloader as you just install/flash the SU.zip in custom Recovery and Root is restored, works for Unlocked devices. There lies the problem, for those of us with the retail SM-N900V if the KitKat update does a complete wipe on install deleting the internal storage all is lost, if SE is set to Enforcing it could be a cold winter.

nbdysreal

Dec 21, 2010
Columbia, SC

Hard to be excited about losing Root and Safestrap to get KitKat... .

I was under the impression that the only data wipe was when people are Odin-ing the update, rather than accepting an OTA. On the past androids i had (incredible, thunderbolt, galaxy nexus, s3, note 10.1, nexus 7) i haven't had an update that wiped data from an OTA.

Last edited:

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
It's not really Root I'm worried about, I'm more concerned with Recovery. If the SE status changes from "Permissive" to "Enforcing" there goes our ability to flash new custom 4.4.2 ROMs that I'm sure will come out. It will be like owning a SM-N900A.

For some reason I don't think they are going to set it to enforcing. Because they haven't for the past 3 updates. Even if they did. Hash would be able to easily cook up ss because on the at&t note 3 and Verizon s4 and s3 are enforcing and he was able to do it... Never underestimate @Hashcode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like the credible SamMobile has 4.4.2 kitkat in their palms. We could expect a leak to be soon, in the past they have been really good about leaking firmware like how they already have for the s4 by contacting thier "elite friends."The picture below is a screenshot of the kitkat easteregg and wrote note 3 on it. Some of the things im most looking forwards to is Google wallet and the ability to hide apps from the app drawer. FUNFUNFUN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4dspICPJE

Basicly saying we'll leak it when it become more stable. It doesn't surprise me considering the s4 got it leaked already, but what does surprise me is that they got a kitkat leak first, considering we have the newer/premium device.
    SamMobile on twitter posted "#NEXTUPDATE (Too buggy atm)"
    Bdsb_qWIYAALkeC.png:small
    For some reason I don't think they are going to set it to enforcing. Because they haven't for the past 3 updates. Even if they did. Hash would be able to easily cook up ss because on the at&t note 3 and Verizon s4 and s3 are enforcing and he was able to do it... Never underestimate @Hashcode

It probably will be enforcing. That's now the default in KitKat itself.

http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html#44-security