Spigen S View Home/Volume button dont work with 4.4.2 kitkat

Search This thread

Tianfat

Mar 2, 2014
I have an official spigen s view cover case when i close the case i can usually check the time and any messages ive received using the home/volume or power button, however since 4.4.2 update i can only use power button to wake my phone when case is closed.

can anyone please give me solution or any methods to fix this thanks

ch0st3r

Mar 22, 2011
I have an official spigen s view cover case when i close the case i can usually check the time and any messages ive received using the home/volume or power button, however since 4.4.2 update i can only use power button to wake my phone when case is closed.

I have the same case and the same thing is happening to me too. Must be something related to 4.4 TW and S View. Which rom are you using? Are you using the new Bootloader?

I am using GoldenEye 24 on the old bootloader.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012

+1

NonXtreme

Oct 23, 2013
Same problem
GT-I9500 with old bootloader.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

karimdag

Mar 3, 2012
Tunis
Samsung said that any of thoese features will only be available for the OFFICAL SAMSUNG Accessory from Android 4.
(I'll bring the article proving what i said..)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Tianfat

Mar 2, 2014
iam using the official 4.4.2 rom

does anyone know is it possible to downgrade the rom or whether theres any roms out there thats very similiar to stock with 0 bugs. thanks

copytec

Jul 5, 2011
Hate kit kat for this... upgrade = reduced functionality WTF is that about

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tianfat

Mar 2, 2014
same here, ive updated to 4.4 and it just annoyed me :|. maybe its just me being OCD but that small change was just horrible.

my current temp solution is just flashing a different rom. personally i liked the stock rom and the only one closest to stock was the arrow rom which was based on TW 4.3.

i9505
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552128

Note: theres different versions for different models

if theres a better rom based on TW, then please let me know.(i couldnt find the original 4.3 rom to downgrade)

Last edited: