[TRICK]Look: how to change softkeys in TFLO!

Search This thread

pedmond

Jun 22, 2007
i can´t find the preferences menu, can you help me, please?

In Settings (not Preferences as I mistakenly said) -> Personal -> Buttons you can change the function of the answer button for a long press.

The other one (Hold) can't be changed in Settings, so you need the registry trick.

solecin

Aug 23, 2007
In Settings (not Preferences as I mistakenly said) -> Personal -> Buttons you can change the function of the answer button for a long press.

The other one (Hold) can't be changed in Settings, so you need the registry trick.
Thank you very much, you are always very kind and helpfull

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Can someone tell me what the default values for the right softkey is on an unbranded diamond? I want to change the link in my branded version to whatever was the default setting.

remuxied

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah sussed that out thanks. I was really looking to be able to just have a quick button press that turns bluetooth on and off just like my Nokia N80 does. I found it very handy

What I did was download the BTOnOff Button from

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2276141#post2276141

then linked that to the call button (long press). this way you can just hold on to the call key to turn bluetooth on and off. you can also download the WiFi button, soft reset button, etc. and link those to hardkeys

SorcererJP

Dec 26, 2006
Hey.

Here is the way to change the homekeys IN TFLO 3D.

In a registry editor, go to:

HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/
Here is:

HomeLSKPath, which is the left softkey (Standard = Phonepad)
And
HomeRSKPath, which is the right softkey.
If you change these with the location of the programs you want to link to, and simultaneous change the names:

HomeLSKText = Left softkey text
And
HomeRSKText = Right softkey text.

Changing the boot picture/sound:
HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAnimation (startup animation)
and
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen (The green WM 6.1 logo)

BY "teddyen66"

I tried and i tried and i tried and it don't seem to work. I need to point it to \program files\SecondToday\SecondToday.exe right?

Otherwise, when I want to point the softkeys in the second todayscreen to Manilla what link do I use?

Oct 27, 2006
Help..

Hi... thanks for the good program. I want to ask, (sorry i'm new on this one) if i want to modify the right softkeys, i have to go to HomeRSKPath, and then if i want to change the right key with program for example inesoft, what must i type in the string section? Thanks, sorry for my bad english.

L o r d R a j

Jul 8, 2008
www.lordraj.blogspot.com
Hi... thanks for the good program. I want to ask, (sorry i'm new on this one) if i want to modify the right softkeys, i have to go to HomeRSKPath, and then if i want to change the right key with program for example inesoft, what must i type in the string section? Thanks, sorry for my bad english.

You will have to put up the path name to the exe file or the lnk file

eg. \Windows\CommManager.exe

so, find where the exe / lnk file is (the exact name).. and then put up the path

helterskelter

Aug 15, 2005
Thanks a lot for these tweaks, I can't believe HTC linked to Phone and Programs out of the box. Whoever came up with that needs the sack ASAP!

Oct 27, 2006
Help Again....

To LordRaj,
Thanks for your explanation but i've tried to change the right softkey and not working. In the string coloum i wrote with \windows\start menu\programs\address book.lnk and then i softreset. AFter softreset, there's nothing change about my diamond, am i doing wrong? Please help me... Thanks again.

L o r d R a j

Jul 8, 2008
www.lordraj.blogspot.com
To LordRaj,
Thanks for your explanation but i've tried to change the right softkey and not working. In the string coloum i wrote with \windows\start menu\programs\address book.lnk and then i softreset. AFter softreset, there's nothing change about my diamond, am i doing wrong? Please help me... Thanks again.

Here we go:

In the Reg Editor: What you Should be seeing under the NAME column is

HashPaths
HomeLSKArgument
HomeLSKPath
HomeLSKText
HomeRSKArgument
HomeRSKPath
HomeRSKText
Style
Version

If that is not what you see, then check again and navigate to the right place. If that IS what you see, then you are in the correct place, read on:

Now, HomeRSKPath - Tap on that. You will see Value data: over there enter the path.

The path should be \ (not /) Windows\Start Menu\Contacts.lnk (that's LNK as in extension for LINK)
(I believe these would be case sensitive, not sure, but hey, what's the harm, right ;) )

Now Address Book... err.. I don't see that in the Windows Start Menu.

If you WANT to be sure of the path, use File Explorer and go to that place and see if the file you are linking to, is actually there and see how it is spelt. Also see how the containing folder(s) are spelt (in this case, Windows and Start Menu)

Of course.. once you get this done, you also Tap on Ok. You should be back to the Reg Editor screen.

Right below HomeRSKPath, you will see HomeRSKText.

Tap on that now

in the Value Data: type Address Book or Contacts.

That done, Soft Reset.

All the best, mate :)

Starflake

Jul 13, 2008
Under every tab in TF3D there are special softlinks. Is there a way of changing those too? For example I want to change the 'All Contacts' softlink under the 'Persons' tab to iContact or Funcontact.

I have searched this forum over and over again, and read so many posts my eyes have almost started to bleed. Is this a no can do?

Oct 27, 2006
Thanks...

To LordRaj,

Thanks for your detail explanation. I've tried like yo've said, and it works. I'm very happy now, and once angain thanks alot.

Oumpahpah

Nov 2, 2007
Paris
SSMaPa

Hi guys,

Just wanted to put the lay on another application, SSMaPa, that allows to change other 'softkeys' (Contact, mail, ...)

In fact this apps allows to change default programs for these applications on TFLO.
Currently implemented EXEs which can be changed:
  • calendar.exe
  • tmail.exe
  • WLANSettings.exe
  • poutlook.exe
  • OperaL.exe
  • Camera.exe
  • AudioBooster.exe
  • Click on Time
  • (Click on alarm)
  • Phone Settings
  • Bluetooth Settings
  • Soundsettings

In combination with your tweak, we're abble to configure almost all Manilla app.

Link to thread ==> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=407777&highlight=SSMaPa

Attachments

• SSMaPa1.png
    SSMaPa1.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 360
  • SSMaPa2.jpg
    SSMaPa2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 245