[Q] Upgrade to Kitkat without loosing data/root? Or reroot after?

Search This thread

ManUtdRul3

Jun 29, 2010
Hi, can I upgrade my Note 3 to KitKat without losing any of my data? I'm on stock 4.3, build number has MJ6, baseband has MJ4?

Can I do this a) without loosing root or; b) and re-root afterwards? If so, how?

Thanks.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi, can I upgrade my Note 3 to KitKat without losing any of my data? I'm on stock 4.3, build number has MJ6, baseband has MJ4?

Can I do this a) without loosing root or; b) and re-root afterwards? If so, how?

Thanks.

Yes to not losing data. You will lose root, and you can easily re-root with CF-Autoroot afterwards.

EDIT @jaythenut beat me... I didn't factory wipe, i just dirty flashed over mine.. worked fine (well after the third atempt)

OH MATE, I TAKE IT ALL BACK, JUST SEEN YOUR USERNAME hahaha #COYG!!

Last edited:

ManUtdRul3

Jun 29, 2010
it will be a factory reset so have to backup
i think you can root with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

Yes to not losing data. You will lose root, and you can easily re-root with CF-Autoroot afterwards.

EDIT @jaythenut beat me... I didn't factory wipe, i just dirty flashed over mine.. worked fine (well after the third atempt)

Hmm okay. This is the official leak for KitKat right? Did you flash it through recovery?

ManUtdRul3

Jun 29, 2010
Needs flashed via PC-ODIN due to the bootloader needing to be upgraded.

And Yuhs that is the right KK - XEO and OXX are identical.

Wait so how did you do it without wiping data? I might just do it and wipe data since it's too much effort otherwise haha.

Also,
cec1511379273fccd0582366a9bb2198.jpg

That is all ;)

Reactions: radicalisto

ManUtdRul3

Jun 29, 2010
Reactions: radicalisto

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I guess I'll just wipe the data anyway. It won't take that long to restore it, especially considering my broadband was finally installed today!

Nope, 7th (as if it's miles better!), but here, you'll like this: http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

lol, yeah seen that site before... I have the great fortune of living with two Spud fans and a Liverpool fan...

Yeah data wipes aren't too bad, especially as the play store restores your apps for you now.. just gotta log back into a few is all

Top Liked Posts