SD not read, REALLY FRUSTRATED.

Search This thread

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
So, I just want to say that I am legitimately really pissed right now, so sorry if I sound like I'm raging. I was running my flyer on GB when I first got it and the SD card read media fine. I upgraded to HC, and all was well at first. Then, it randomly stopped reading any of my media. I wiped SD, cleared caches, tried actually ALL the ROMs, and every suggestion I could find. I downgraded to GB, and everything worked again. Just upgraded back to HC, and absolutely nothing is read again. I'm on Virtuous right now. I am so angry, as I HATE gingerbread, but since I have a WiFi Flyer, I HAVE to use SD card music. AUGH. I want to punch someone. :mad:

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Just a suggestion (and don't be angry at me :)): try another sdcard, I know yours is working with GB but I found out sometimes a cable or a little piece of hardware can be tricky and behave oddly.

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
LOL. If I make any more, then I have to make a directory thread, because my sig is like 5 characters away from being full. I can't even write that I have the OG Sammy Gtab.

rickykemp

Jul 15, 2011
London
i was having problems with the HTC gallery app on my wifi flyer after HC upgrade. Installed the stock HC gallery, and havent had an issue since.

I use mVideo player too, and that always finds things on my SD card straight away.

In regards to music, try the PlayerPro free trial and see if that is any better. I've used it on my S2 for a while now and it's great.

I think the issue is to do with the way the HTC apps interact with the storage. Its like it has the index of the SD card set to refresh only on a certain action, but I'm as yet to discover what that is.

Also, try running the flyer without the 'fast boot' mode on in power settings.

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
I never use fastboot mode. I have been mounting and unmounting as well as rebooting and have been rewarded with nothing but Media force closes.

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
Yeah, well, I already had seen and tried that, and no dice. Thanks for the help though. I really want to use stock music, but I'm using PowerAmp for now, which seems to work fine.