[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini!

Search This thread

olegat0r

Apr 15, 2012
Kyiv, Ukraine
please...i don't understand ..

Read carefully the first post if you need root. For now it is the only way.
You can also use Linux to format your sdcard to ext2. Or any other software for formatting sdcard to ext2 and moving update.zip to sdcard.

You don't need the post you quoted. It is for people who want to extract files from ROM.

If you have precise questions I'll try to answer them.

Sent from my new LG L90 D410 that is FINALLY ROOTED!!

Last edited:

Omar1c

Apr 1, 2013
Buckeye
I've got D41010C_00.kdz
And also I backuped all the partitions, including system.img using adb commands.
So if anyone wants to get them - say where I can upload them.

P.S. The system.img is slightly edited: root, busybox, sdfix.

Damn your lucky how did you extract them I've been trying to extract it for a while now
BTW if you can upload them to mega

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

ling2422

Apr 14, 2014
Ext2Fsd can't found my sdcard...in where?

Ext2Fsd can't found my sdcard...in where?window 8 can work minitool?why i not found..

Last edited:

olegat0r

Apr 15, 2012
Kyiv, Ukraine
Damn your lucky how did you extract them I've been trying to extract it for a while now
The process for getting KDZ is described above.

For partitions I've used PartitionTable from GPlay Market with Advanced mode (gear icon in the app) to define where is each partition.
Then I've used such adb commands:
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p* of=/storage/external_SD/**
where * is a number of partition via PartitionTable and ** is the name of the final file (name of partition).
Example for system partition:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32 of=/storage/external_SD/system.img
And it will save the system partition to system.img file on your external sdcard.

Here is also good guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450045

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar1c

olegat0r

Apr 15, 2012
Kyiv, Ukraine
Last edited:
Reactions: Omar1c and mathei

dondo85

Apr 21, 2014
Thank you olegat0r and thank you guy s from russia forum .lg l70 single sim (d320n) vdf ro.Thank you again

Last edited:

Omar1c

Apr 1, 2013
Buckeye
The process for getting KDZ is described above.

For partitions I've used PartitionTable from GPlay Market with Advanced mode (gear icon in the app) to define where is each partition.
Then I've used such adb commands:
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p* of=/storage/external_SD/**
where * is a number of partition via PartitionTable and ** is the name of the final file (name of partition).
Example for system partition:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32 of=/storage/external_SD/system.img
And it will save the system partition to system.img file on your external sdcard.

Here is also good guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450045

Oh I thought you had the kdz already and extracted it with a kdz extractor I've gotten 2 kdz files and nothing I do can extract them

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Apr 26, 2014
Lg l70 d325

I can't find any working way to download kdz from LG servers for now.

UPD. Try to download LG Mobile Support Tool from here:
http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe
Then install it and open.
THE PHONE HAVE TO BE UNPLUGGED FROM PC!
Now press "Install USB driver" - choose your phone model - it will install required drivers, you'll need to agree with installations and maybe run files from some opened archives. (IDK why, but I had to)

When all installations are done, change in the phone: Settings - Connect to PC - change to LG software mode.
Now plug the phone in. It will install drivers and detect the phone.

Now in LG Mobile Support Tool press Options - Upgrade recovery.
It will download kdz file for your phone and fully reflash your phone.

To get kdz and not to reflash the phone you can click "Upgrade recovery" and unplug the phone. It will download kdz for your phone and ask what to do.
Minimize the window and go to to C:/ProgramData/LGMOBILEAX/Phone/
Here is your kdz! :D

I can not find the LG KDZ for my D325 L70

scarletchrome

Feb 15, 2014
-

Working for the L70. Thanks.

I cant seem to update using apply update from external storage. Even if i did manage to create a EXT2 partition and drop update.zip there. I dont know what is wrong. I did follow the instructions.
The error is: failed to mount SDcard (No such file or directory)

Last edited:

dforever

Oct 8, 2013
I cant seem to update using apply update from external storage. Even if i did manage to create a EXT2 partition and drop update.zip there. I dont know what is wrong. I did follow the instructions.
The error is: failed to mount SDcard (No such file or directory)
Did you inserted a microSD (formatted to Ext2 with update.zip included) card into your phone?

scarletchrome

Feb 15, 2014
ATLAST!

I ROOTED IT! My solution is that i format the partition into EXT4. Thank you for all the help guys! EXT2 and EXT3 didn't work for me so EXT4 is the next in line.

Reactions: olegat0r

brattydroid35

Apr 27, 2014
need to confirm

Will this root method work 4 the metro pcs version of this phone? Its the Lg Optimus L70 (MS323). I just bought it. Thanks for any help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deprecated!
    Use TowelRoot app instead! It is oneclick and without reboot.

Starting fom 10e firmware TowelRoot doesn't work. For root you can use this guide or PurpleDrake script for G3 - it works fine on LG L90.
    Here is the link: http://goo.gl/0E3jMn
    However, this guide still works! ;)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */
    First of all we have to say thanks to sintazqz from 4pda for being the first to root the phone.
    The procedure is done for L90 but it also have to work on other similar 2014 year LG phones with kitkat as L40, L70, G2 mini and others (L80). Confirmed working!
    Carrier branded phones are not supported as I can see from replies.
    It is recommended to fully charge your phone before the procedure.
    After the procedure the phone will be rooted and the hidden LG RCT utility will know about it. So your warranty is likely void.

So, let's go:

1.Format external sdcard using cardreader into ext2. I use Windows 7 so I installed MiniTool Partition Wizard from here to format my sdcard.
    USE ONLY PRIMARY PARTITION, NOT LOGICAL! thnx for note to @wikid24

The reason to use ext2/3/4 partition is that ntfs/fat partitions are not detected by recovery.
    You can also try ext4, if ext2 doesn't work for you!
    2.Download update.zip that is attached to the post and move it to your ext2 sdcard. I had to use Ext2Fsd tool to mount ext2 partition to Windows 7.
    View attachment update.zip
    HELP for Windows users:
    Open Ext2Fsd tool and find your ext2 partition there.
    1.png
    RightClick on your ext2 partition, choose "Ext2 Management", uncheck the first checkbox (mount read-only) and check the second (automatically mount...).
    2.png
    Click Apply.
    Now you can move update.zip using Windows Explorer. So move it.
    View attachment update.zip

3.Install LG drivers if you still didn't.

4.If you don’t have ADB on your computer: install Android SDK or just download ADB.rar and unpack it somewhere (e.g. C:/ADB/ )
    View attachment ADB.rar

5.Prepare your phone. Turn on USB debugging: Settings – General – Developer options – USB debugging.
    If you don’t see it: Settings – General – About phone – Common – Software info – click 5-10 times on Build number.
    Added by @Cliffwiggum about L40c/L70c versions:
    I successfully rooted the LG optimus zone 2 from Verizon prepaid which is the LG L40c, as well as the LG optimus exceed 2 which is the LG L70c. In order to get either phone into USB debugging mode I had to connect my phone as Internet -> Ethernet (instead of MTP) before USB debugging mode would turn on.

6.Connect your phone to computer.
    ATTENTION! On the first connection to computer it will ask you to allow USB debugging.

7. Open ADB. (I use Shift+RightClick on ADB folder and choose Open command line)

8.In the opened window type the next line and press Enter.
    Code:
    adb devices
    It will show your LG device:
    Code:
    List of devices attached
    LGD410a123456   device
    Then type next lines. Press Enter after each of them.
    Code:
    adb shell
    reboot recovery
    The phone will reboot to stock 3e recovery.

9. Now you can unplug your phone. Plug in your sdcard.
    Navigation: Volume+/- = Up/Down; Power = Choose.
    In recovery choose “apply update from external sdcard” – update.zip
    Then choose “reboot system now

The phone will reboot.

You are ROOTED! :D
    Screenshot_2014-04-26-20-19-38.png

To unroot and save your warranty you just have to reflash the ROM by LG Mobile Support Utility - Upgrade recovery option.
    LG RCT tool will forget that it was ever rooted. All the settings (except those that need root) will be kept.
    Metro PCS employee

Anddddddd I have hit a brick wall. I spent all of that time messing with stuff, I should have probably listened to @cgigate :p Anyways, at least I got to learn something new thanks to a friend. If I decide to start back up I plan on doing everything privately from now on.

Hey guys. I happen to work at Metro PCS and I also happen to have just purchased the L70 because of the new OS and I'm looking to root it so I can give apps the proper permissions to WRITE FRIGGEN DATA TO THE FRIGGEN SD CARDS!!!!!

Anyway. I'm just a salesman but if there's anything I could possibly do to help out (i.e. phishing for information, looking something up, contacting DSG, whatever); just let me know and I'll do it. I'm sick of having a useless 8GB of external storage on my phone.
    Yes, use Towelroot

towelroot.com

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Have you tried this: https://towelroot.com/modstrings.html

Succesfully rooted my L70 D325 phone using Towelroot modstring, changed the align to 0,
    from "1337 0 1 0 4 0" (this causes a reboot)
    to "1337 0 0 0 4 0" (this successfully gave me root)
    I posted my rooted ms323 on YouTube, enjoy

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Can we get the link? And was it the USA MetroPCS LG L70?

LG L70 still NOT rooted
    MK902 ROOTED with 4.4 custom rom

I searched YouTube and could not find any such video or probably some mighty power stops us locating this video or , you know what i mean :)
    as someone mentioned earlier, if you rooted your MS323 and don't want to share here and just want to be childish saying "hey i am rooted, you are not" , just keep quite or leave.
    Alright let the MS323/D415 development begin.

1) There are new drivers here (v3.11) uninstall old drivers:
    http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

2)MS323 (Metro L70) firmware here:
    http://oudhitsquad.com/android/?dir=LGE/Firmware/MS323

3)D415 (T-Mobile L90) firmware here:
    http://oudhitsquad.com/android/?dir=LGE/Firmware/D415

4)D320 (International L70) firmware here:
    http://oudhitsquad.com/android/?dir=LGE/Firmware/D320n

I will be adding more D320 firmwares as I find more, beware weird looking file names as those would be incomplete files that are still uploading.