[Q] HTC One M8 Camera file naming convention?

Search This thread

lagvoid

Feb 29, 2008
Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Thanks for any help!

Reactions: androidfreak11

Shinteetah

Sep 25, 2007
Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.

lagvoid

Feb 29, 2008
Reactions: NiffStipples

sigmacts

Nov 25, 2012
Have you tried Dropbox?

Thanks for any help!

I noticed that when I installed Dropbox, it automatically saved all my pictures and videos on my computer with the format you're requesting. This still doesn't solve the issue where it's fixed on my phone, but it wouldn't be too hard to just copy and paste them back after they're all uploaded to Dropbox. Good luck!

androidfreak11

Jul 4, 2011
Rohrbach
Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

NameExif
http://www.digicamsoft.com/softnamexif.html

run the free program on your old files and it'll rename them according to the exif date data.

I found the ability to prepend a timestamp to camera files in the HTC one tweaker xposed module

I noticed that when I installed Dropbox, it automatically saved all my pictures and videos on my computer with the format you're requesting. This still doesn't solve the issue where it's fixed on my phone, but it wouldn't be too hard to just copy and paste them back after they're all uploaded to Dropbox. Good luck!

Hi guys,

I know this thread is like ages old, but does anybody of you know a tool that's doing the exact opposite?

I have so many screenshots with the date + hour in the filename, but the exif data is lost .. Now I can't sort them by date anymore. Thanks so sooo much!!! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for any help!
    Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.

Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

NameExif
    http://www.digicamsoft.com/softnamexif.html

run the free program on your old files and it'll rename them according to the exif date data.
    I found the ability to prepend a timestamp to camera files in the HTC one tweaker xposed module