3g problem

Search This thread

cartoon200

Aug 24, 2012
I got this weird problem problem with 3G on Xperia Z. On Wi-Fi everything works fine, but ond 3G, only Facebook aplication works, all other apps can't connect to internet. When i share my connection via hotspot, everything loads perfect on other device, so I eliminated sim/operator problem.

Problems started when I upgraded software to 10.5.A.0.230 version, so I tried reset to factory settings but didn't helped, and software version remains the same. I tried all common solutions, like APN settings and similar things, but nothing helped.

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I got this weird problem problem with 3G on Xperia Z. On Wi-Fi everything works fine, but ond 3G, only Facebook aplication works, all other apps can't connect to internet. When i share my connection via hotspot, everything loads perfect on other device, so I eliminated sim/operator problem.

Problems started when I upgraded software to 10.5.A.0.230 version, so I tried reset to factory settings but didn't helped, and software version remains the same. I tried all common solutions, like APN settings and similar things, but nothing helped.

why dont you manually reflash the ftf from a different country?

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Good tutorial would be helpful
First you need flashtool go here and get it www.flashtool.net/download.php

Backup your data

Then get the ftf file here http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/stock-xperia-z-c6603-10-5-0-230-central-t2759584

Install flashtool

Put the downloaded ftf in frimware folder "you can find it in the place that you installed flashtool

Open flashtool

Click the ⚡ icon and select flashmode

Select the ftf

Enable usb debugging in developer option in your phone

Hold the volume down button and connect you phone when the flashtool ask you

Then you got the 4.4.2 :D

Hit thanks button if worked!

Last edited:

cartoon200

Aug 24, 2012
First you need flashtool go here and get it www.flashtool.net/download.php

Backup your data

Then get the ftf file here http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/stock-xperia-z-c6603-10-5-0-230-central-t2759584

Install flashtool

Put the downloaded ftf in frimware folder "you can find it in the place that you installed flashtool

Open flashtool

Click the ⚡ icon and select flashmode

Select the ftf

Enable usb debugging in developer option in your phone

Hold the volume up button and connect you phone when the flashtool ask you

Then you got the 4.4.2 :D

Hit thanks button if worked!
No luck... Everything good until connecting phone... volume button up, blue light on phone turnes on, flasher detects 'Device connected in fastboot mode', but this screen stays on:

b734848dc168760a1ab6eca79dab9f22.jpg

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
No luck... Everything good until connecting phone... volume button up, blue light on phone turnes on, flasher detects 'Device connected in fastboot mode', but this screen stays on:

b734848dc168760a1ab6eca79dab9f22.jpg

Bro blue light means the phone is in "Fastboot mode"
turn of phone. hold volume down key and connect USB it will put your phone in "flashmode" after that flashing will start in flashtool

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Did it... Volume - instead of volume +... flashing successful, problem with 3G not solved :eek:

Were u on 4.3 before updating?

cartoon200

Aug 24, 2012
Did it... Volume - instead of volume +... flashing successful, problem with 3G not solved :eek:

Bro blue light means the phone is in "Fastboot mode"
turn of phone. hold volume down key and connect USB it will put your phone in "flashmode" after that flashing will start in flashtool

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Were u on 4.3 before updating?

Yes, I was.

cartoon200

Aug 24, 2012
That numbers really don't mean much to me... If somebody have some kind of solution, I need links and tutorials to try it :(