4.4.4 is up on Google's Website - Just sayin :)

Search This thread

jmill75

Dec 25, 2009
Ohio
So here is the link to the 4.4.4 file. Interesting......

If you install this let us know what you find new...prob just a quick bug fix I would imagine.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Update:

Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84P

Enhancements/Fixes
Security Fix

Important Notes
- Software version is KTU84P
- This update will be rolled out to device in batches.
- Refer to the Nexus 5 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsh and dmc2359

insanezz

Jan 3, 2014
I just saw it :eek:. GOOGLE WHAT ARE YA DOIN.... haha was just about to create this thread.

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Me right now. The third guy.

attachment.php

Seriously, Google. ... what's with the LTE hate?

Attachments

• update-rage.png
    update-rage.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 4,114

StarWolfX0

Jan 28, 2008
I hate that feeling when you JUST finish updating your Nexus 5 phone to Android 4.4.3 and literally two minutes later an update to 4.4.4 gets released! UGH! Still waiting for LTE for Nexus 7.

Philaphlous

Aug 5, 2013
What in the world Google... Something musta been a big time fail in the code for them to release a full update like this that quick...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
Well people, the OTA doesn't look like it affected very much. I usually just flash whatever image from the factory image that I need because of the changes I make in the system but I just now decided for grins to flash the OTA and see if I would get any errors and I was pleasantly surprised to not see the "unexpected contents error." It happens, rarely, but it does happen. Running ElementalX kernel, busybox installed, modified calculator app in system/app, 4.4 sounds in system/media/audio/ui, modified mixer_paths.xml in system/etc, Z2 bionic and dalvik, running xposed and the OTA flashed with no errors! Woop Woop! Did have to flash the supersu zip in recovery. All good!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-19-21-54-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-21-54-41.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 829

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I don't understand why Deb is being left out either. Maybe we'll just jump into the new android version when it's announced at Google I/O. :confused:

Somehow I don't expect that'll be what happens.

Considering there had to be a 4.4.2_r2 for deb before, I suspect that whatever inspired that (which was Verizon compatibility) is the holdup now.

Reactions: coolsilver

OrBy

Feb 22, 2008
Can some one grab the OTA file name, URL, or the OTA itself and upload it?

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
Somehow I don't expect that'll be what happens.

Considering there had to be a 4.4.2_r2 for deb before, I suspect that whatever inspired that (which was Verizon compatibility) is the holdup now.

Well, 4.4.4 does put us 2 releases behind now.

I can imagine a *good* developer working out a DRY unified patch (verizon & others) for 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. But, along comes management and says either (a) verizon does not accept, or (b) others like att/t-mobile/etc do not accept. A drama ensues and we have big delays.

Anyway, "4.4.2 really?" is the perfect question to *pound* on google during IO. lol

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
There's a theory going around that it's Verizon that is to blame for the delay, but maybe it's not the reason

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me right now. The third guy.

attachment.php

Seriously, Google. ... what's with the LTE hate?
    So here is the link to the 4.4.4 file. Interesting......

If you install this let us know what you find new...prob just a quick bug fix I would imagine.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Update:

Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84P

Enhancements/Fixes
    Security Fix

Important Notes
    - Software version is KTU84P
    - This update will be rolled out to device in batches.
    - Refer to the Nexus 5 Software Update article in Support for install instructions
    I hate that feeling when you JUST finish updating your Nexus 5 phone to Android 4.4.3 and literally two minutes later an update to 4.4.4 gets released! UGH! Still waiting for LTE for Nexus 7.
    Can anyone please tell me what is the bootloader version on this newest stock android 4.4.4 on the nexus 7 2013 wifi only? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

Same as 4.4.3 and same as 4.4.2, 4.02.
    Wow guys, calm down. Remember when they announced the N7 LTE? They had to stop selling it and then it took Verizon like 6 months to approve it before Google started selling it again. Verizon has to put the updates through their dumbass approval process too, which takes weeks. Hopefully Google did what Moto did and stopped the 4.4.3 update and just resubmitted a 4.4.2 directly to 4.4.4 update. Like others have said too, it's just a small security fix, it doesn't have any special features or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That would be fine.

If I were a Verizon customer.

I'm NOT a Verizon customer, and Verizon can bend over and take it up the PR chute for all I care.

Saying it's Verizon's fault is hardly a "Guys calm down" type of thing. There are reasons many of us are not Verizon customers and this kind of carp is one of those reasons.