HTC Status AT&T rom 2.14.502.2

Search This thread

Lucky-Casper

Aug 31, 2010
Here it is for those who need it. I needed it to flash my phone back to stock. The update that was pushed out recently would not work on my rooted phone because I was using a UK rom when I rooted it so I need a stock ('merica) AT&T Status rom that no one seemed to have for any reason. I found the latest update on the HTC website and downloaded their installer, and that failed too. It wouldn't authorize... So into the trash InstallShield exe I went a digging and riped this out of the .cab

I used fastboot to flash the userdata.img, system.img, boot.img and recovery.img to my Status. Rebooted and did a factory reset. SUCCESS. :good:

Download Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ncwqh41qa4ry7hi

Last edited:

bungphe

May 12, 2008
Here it is for those who need it. I needed it to flash my phone back to stock. The update that was pushed out recently would not work on my rooted phone because I was using a UK rom when I rooted it so I need a stock ('merica) AT&T Status rom that no one seemed to have for any reason. I found the latest update on the HTC website and downloaded their installer, and that failed too. It wouldn't authorize... So into the trash InstallShield exe I went a digging and riped this out of the .cab

I used fastboot to flash the userdata.img, system.img, boot.img and recovery.img to my Status. Rebooted and did a factory reset. SUCCESS. :good:

***Going to have to message me to get the download link because this wont let me post it yet.***

Have you found something new with this update?

Lucky-Casper

Aug 31, 2010
Have you found something new with this update?

Haven't seen anything new yet.

Just pulled this from HTC's website:

"HTC Status™ for AT&T ROM Update | 05.3.2012
Starting May 3rd 2012, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC Status.

This update will only be available for AT&T HTC Status customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home > Menu> Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates.
As an alternative solution, the system update can be downloaded to a PC and manually applied to the device. See the section at the bottom of these instructions for more information.

This system update includes:

Memory allocation fixes to improve low memory issues
Data throttling fix"

slow_kknd

Jul 6, 2012
So the device is unrooted again?
Did they really solve the low memory issue?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Please tell me how to download and flash the rom, thanks.

Lucky-Casper

Aug 31, 2010
So the device is unrooted again?
Did they really solve the low memory issue?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Please tell me how to download and flash the rom, thanks.

My device is now unrooted and I don't really see a reason to root it again. I also never ran into the low memory issue so I can not answer that question. I'll pm you the link...

atv

Sep 13, 2006
thanks

***Going to have to message me to get the download link because this wont let me post it yet.***

nice, i need to fix one, the one you downloaded is htc_status_mr_update_2.14.502.2_us.exe? and when i 7unzip, i only see:
.rsrc - folder
.data
.rdata.text
certificate and
a [0] file of 161,869 kb
so how did you got userdata, system and boot from this file?
thank you very much indeed
atv

Lucky-Casper

Aug 31, 2010
nice, i need to fix one, the one you downloaded is htc_status_mr_update_2.14.502.2_us.exe? and when i 7unzip, i only see:
.rsrc - folder
.data
.rdata.text
certificate and
a [0] file of 161,869 kb
atv

First I used Universal Extractor to extract the files properly from htc_status_mr_update_2.14.502.2_us.exe, because of it being an Install Shield installer. Once it extracted the files in the correct structure I then had to use ZIP Scan on the data1.cab file because Install Shield uses its cab format and very few programs can export them correctly. Once you extract data1.cab you will have all that you need.

Reactions: atv

atv

Sep 13, 2006
hi again

i really want to thank you for your help, the phone was stuck at cmw (s-on) and now its back, but i think that as your post, i should have flashed, userdata.img before, and i did it boot.img then system.img and then i could not flash the userdata.img but the phone turned on finally.
see attached
take care
wilston
atv

Lucky-Casper

Aug 31, 2010
i really want to thank you for your help, the phone was stuck at cmw (s-on) and now its back, but i think that as your post, i should have flashed, userdata.img before, and i did it boot.img then system.img and then i could not flash the userdata.img but the phone turned on finally.
see attached
take care
wilston
atv

Glad I could help my friend!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download Here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ncwqh41qa4ry7hi
    .rsrc - folder
    .data
    .rdata.text
    certificate and
    a [0] file of 161,869 kb
    atv

First I used Universal Extractor to extract the files properly from htc_status_mr_update_2.14.502.2_us.exe, because of it being an Install Shield installer. Once it extracted the files in the correct structure I then had to use ZIP Scan on the data1.cab file because Install Shield uses its cab format and very few programs can export them correctly. Once you extract data1.cab you will have all that you need.