[Q] [solved] superuser "permission denied"

Search This thread

goldbrick

Mar 2, 2014
I have carefully followed the instructions in the gfree method guide followed from the "Ultimate s=off" guide. I managed to install Visionary and to push the necessary files via ADB. Unfortunately I seem to get no results from running Visionary nor SuperUser. I wind up stuck at the step after "Run visionary to gain temp root". After running Visionary ( it says "attempting to root" and screen goes blank ) I try the next step and code "su" into the terminal and get "Permission Denied" error. I have been at this for two days and have searched like crazy for a solution before posting. FastBoot is turned off. USB Debugging is On. USB is unplugged for Visionary step. I did the downgrade step already, it is running 2.2.1 - Thank you for the help.

EDIT: Well my head hurts but I solved this problem. I uninstalled Android Terminal Emulator and installed JS Terminal instead. Now it gives me super user access # when I type "su"

EDIT 2: I now think that it might have more to do with just re installing apps in general after downgrading. Also, even after getting S=Off via gfree, I still had to run VISIONary "gain temporary root" in order to get superuser again so that I could install CWM and continue on. Speaking of VISIONary, only version 11 seemed to work! Thank you to all the helpful posters and whoever worked on the wiki! I am now running Dark Unicorn 2.5 and really enjoying the improvement over the older OS!

Last edited:

unqualified

Nov 14, 2013
Denver
I have carefully followed the instructions in the gfree method guide followed from the "Ultimate s=off" guide. I managed to install Visionary and to push the necessary files via ADB. Unfortunately I seem to get no results from running Visionary nor SuperUser. I wind up stuck at the step after "Run visionary to gain temp root". After running Visionary ( it says "attempting to root" and screen goes blank ) I try the next step and code "su" into the terminal and get "Permission Denied" error. I have been at this for two days and have searched like crazy for a solution before posting. FastBoot is turned off. USB Debugging is On. USB is unplugged for Visionary step. Thank you for the help.

Did you downgrade to 2.2 first? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178912

goldbrick

Mar 2, 2014

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did the downgrade. I also made sure my firewall is off in Windows when copying the files to the phone. I have tried different versions of the Visionary app. I have also tried different versions of SuperUser apps, although I know those are not a part of the basic guide. Basically I have been running in a circle making sure I have followed every step exactly in the gfree guide, but winding up with the Permission Denied result instead of SuperUser access

EDIT: Well my head hurts but I solved this problem. I uninstalled Android Terminal Emulator and installed JS Terminal instead. Now it gives me super user access # when I type "su"

Last edited: