[Q] Post-s-off OTA update -- Not techie enough to follow update thread. Stuck :(

Search This thread

dangerousnewbie

Feb 25, 2014
Hey all. I am sorry to ask, but I am not good enough to figure out how to do what has to be done to get the latest update to update the radio so I can upgrade to the newest roms that are out. I am currently running one of mdmower's original no-flicker builds. I have been having problems with the phone hitting buttons when I talk on it (cheek-dialing) during calls, and figured it's probably time to upgrade. But I noticed that post the new stock-OTA, I can't just upgrade.

I have HTCDev engineering, Root, S-off (I don't remember which method I used), and SuperCID. I realize there is a whole thread on how to flash just the files related to upgrading the radio, but I have read it like 20 times and unfortunately, I am having a really hard time following it.

I am embarrassed to admit that I can't figure this out. :(

At this point, I don't care about what is installed on my phone and am happy to do a clean wipe, lose all my apps, as long as I dont brick it. :crying:

If anyone's willing to help me, I would be in your debt.

dangerousnewbie

Feb 25, 2014
Download that file, and place it on the root of your SD card as a zip file. (not in any folders)

Boot into your bootloader and select bootloader. It will automatically do the rest. Once done, remove the zip file from your SD card.

WOW. I don't....can't....how did you.....

Can I paypal you a few bucks or something? I am forever in your gratitude. Truly humbled and feel even more stupid now. I don't belong playing with my phone!

therreid

Nov 16, 2012
Wyoming
I am glad this helps

as a side note I have been running cm11 nightlies with nary a problem.

I would imagine if we are running CM10.2.1 this update should not adversely impact that. I am thinking of jumping to CM11 as a daily runner. It is good to hear that it is stable.

Has anyone got Isis to work running CM10.2.1 or CM11 with this latest update?

Top Liked Posts