removed "firmware" files in z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip?

Search This thread

TQuest

Dec 17, 2010
i'm currently trying to make a flashable zip with my "own" firmware "D5503_14.3.A.0.681_EURO LTE"

when i compared the the content of systems.tgz from the file z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip with the system.sin file of my firmware i noticed a bunch of files are missing in the tgz file.
so i looked at D5503_14.3.A.0.681_Generic UK.ftf and noticed the firmware files are there.

Different files in system
D5503_14.3.A.0.681_EURO LTE vs 1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip
winmerge_euro_ftf_vs_uk_zip.jpg

D5503_14.3.A.0.681_EURO LTE vs D5503_14.3.A.0.681_Generic UK.ftf
winmerge_euro_ftf_vs_uk_ftf.jpg

D5503_14.3.A.0.681_Generic UK vs 1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip
winmerge_uk_ftf_vs_uk_zip.jpg

why were these files removed in the flashable zip?

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
your right, seems like they are symlinks and winrar does not unpack them on my pc unless you start it as admin ?!?

No idea. I recommend to not use windows for stuff like that anyway. Just set up a ubuntu vm with VirtualBox. You also don't need any extra tools there. Just unpack the system.sin to system.ext4 with flashtool and mount it under ubuntu.

TQuest

Dec 17, 2010
No idea. I recommend to not use windows for stuff like that anyway. Just set up a ubuntu vm with VirtualBox. You also don't need any extra tools there. Just unpack the system.sin to system.ext4 with flashtool and mount it under ubuntu.

i agree with you, i was just using windows for a filecompare because i thought it was more conveniant.
for everything else i'm using the same setup as your are: virtualbox with ubuntu :) :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you talking about the z1c-44-uk.system.flashable.zip from my guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688933 ?
    I didn't remove any files, I built it directly from the system.sin (mounted it in ubuntu).

All those files in your last picture are inside my system.tgz.