[SOURCE] [UNOFFICIAL] CM7 for Infuse (Updated: 2011-09-29)

Search This thread

LinuxBozo

Retired Recognized Developer
May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
Some folks seem interested in how much progress is being made on a CM7 port for the Infuse, so here's a bit more information for everyone. I have included instructions on how to build your own version, but you will want to pay attention to the following list of what works and what doesn't.

Currently working:
  • Full EXT4 implementation using BML/STL not MTD. This means you can flash other ROMs without having to "unbrick". NOTE: This will be changing soon. We will switch to the standard way that CM7 on Samsung phones works, which is using MTD. This is so we can merge this into the SGS team and begin building nightlies.
  • CWM flashing (no rainbows in CWM)
  • GPS
  • Wifi
  • Accelerometer/Proximity and other sensors
  • Phone
  • SMS messaging
  • Camera, FFC, and flash
  • Haptic feedback and vibration
  • NO Rainbows using Froyo bootloaders.
  • Brightness control, including auto-brightness.
  • Wifi tethering
  • Hardware accelerated video playback and recording
  • Fixed issue with 4G speeds. Solved with some apns-conf.xml tweaks.
  • Incoming call ringtones.
  • Advanced camera settings, including face detection SEE:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7267
  • working backup/restore from CWM
  • OC/UV kernel with Interactive and Smartass governors and other tweaks.
  • USB storage fixed, including USB debug notification and USB tethering support (Thanks go to gtg465x)
  • Voodoo Sound now fixed after call. (thanks go to ajerman)
  • Bluetooth now back to semi-working state without breaking GPS. Will pair, A2DP audio skips, no sound/mic on phone calls via headsets.
  • NEW Fixed smartass governor so it scales properly, and has proper export defined in the kernel scheduler.

Currently broken:

Removed:
  • BLN (causing way too many instability and random reboot issues)

I have pretty much done this as a one man band, with some assistance from the GalaxyS guys, in particular codeworkx, Unhelpful and Kaik541.
Want to help out? DONATE. This allows me to take the GF out to dinner so she isn't as pissy when I'm working on this stuff. ;-)

If you'd like to build your own copy, follow this guide:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
Pay attention, because this matters.
  • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line to download the repo script:
    Code:
    curl https://raw.github.com/TeamRefuse/android/gingerbread/repo > ~/bin/repo
  • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line for the repo init:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/TeamRefuse/android.git -b gingerbread
  • Skip the "Copy proprietary files" section. All proprietary files you need are included.
  • In the "Configure Build & Compile" step, replace "galaxysmtd" with "infuse4g"
When you are done building, you should have your very own version of CM7 with all the bugs that I mention above.

Still have issues? Completely new to linux and the like? Check out this guide courtesy of Skwerl23

Flashing from RED CWM
When flashing from RED CWM, there are a few extra steps needed to get this working:
  1. Flash CM7 zip
  2. Reboot. You will get stuck at Samsung screen. This is normal.
  3. Pull battery, and reboot into recovery (Hold: VOL+ VOL- Power)
  4. You should now be in ORANGE CWM.
  5. Go to "mounts and storage"
  6. select format /system
  7. Reflash CM7 zip (NOTE: don't forget gapps as well)
  8. Reboot into CM7 goodness

Last edited:

LinuxBozo

May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
Last edited:

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
I'm really excited to see this. I was worried when I upgraded from my captivate that there would be a stagnant dev community for the infuse, but stuff like this makes me happy to have made the upgrade. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
What can I say... LinuxBozo, you da man! If there's anything I can try to help with, let me know. I'll do what little I can... When it's stable though, expect me to OC it... ;)

Reactions: comaderd

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
very cool. what are the chances of working mirrored mhl output? also what are the chances of 1080p movies playing natively through the mhl adapter and not being upscaled.

i beleive there should always be aosp work but if it doesn't offer all the key features ill flash the factory firmware.

byuboy87

Jan 31, 2010
No requests from me, just appreciation... Thanks dude

message from Sams inFuse... GINGERBREAD *****ES!!!!

howsleyd

Jul 11, 2010
Yeah good job man. I know there'll be hurdles to jump in the process but hoping you (and others) can get them figured out.

laxwillsch

Sep 24, 2010
My girl just bought this phone and I am looking into getting one bc I am sick of waiting on the galaxy s2. This thread makes me very hopeful that this phone will get the love of some good devs. If it got some solid aosp love I would buy one immediately, I love my inspire but the screen on the infuse is just amazing.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

oxbeast1210

Dec 7, 2010
Hey how do I donate from the xda app? Or do i have to do it from the computer? I dont have much at the moment but figure anything helps

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
CM7 runs amazing on this phone. Well worth the wait and donations.

MikeyMike01

Jul 23, 2010
9164017.jpg

Reactions: drowningchild

LinuxBozo

May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
Yes, it's not ready, and honestly, it's not for use as a daily driver at this point. I would rather not release until I feel that everyone could run this and have most of the functionality that they are accustomed to having. This is more a place holder, and to keep everyone informed of how development is going with the original post. For instance, I have now fixed haptic and vibration as shown in post #1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some folks seem interested in how much progress is being made on a CM7 port for the Infuse, so here's a bit more information for everyone. I have included instructions on how to build your own version, but you will want to pay attention to the following list of what works and what doesn't.

Currently working:
    • Full EXT4 implementation using BML/STL not MTD. This means you can flash other ROMs without having to "unbrick". NOTE: This will be changing soon. We will switch to the standard way that CM7 on Samsung phones works, which is using MTD. This is so we can merge this into the SGS team and begin building nightlies.
    • CWM flashing (no rainbows in CWM)
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Accelerometer/Proximity and other sensors
    • Phone
    • SMS messaging
    • Camera, FFC, and flash
    • Haptic feedback and vibration
    • NO Rainbows using Froyo bootloaders.
    • Brightness control, including auto-brightness.
    • Wifi tethering
    • Hardware accelerated video playback and recording
    • Fixed issue with 4G speeds. Solved with some apns-conf.xml tweaks.
    • Incoming call ringtones.
    • Advanced camera settings, including face detection SEE:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7267
    • working backup/restore from CWM
    • OC/UV kernel with Interactive and Smartass governors and other tweaks.
    • USB storage fixed, including USB debug notification and USB tethering support (Thanks go to gtg465x)
    • Voodoo Sound now fixed after call. (thanks go to ajerman)
    • Bluetooth now back to semi-working state without breaking GPS. Will pair, A2DP audio skips, no sound/mic on phone calls via headsets.
    • NEW Fixed smartass governor so it scales properly, and has proper export defined in the kernel scheduler.

Currently broken:

Removed:
    • BLN (causing way too many instability and random reboot issues)

I have pretty much done this as a one man band, with some assistance from the GalaxyS guys, in particular codeworkx, Unhelpful and Kaik541.
    Want to help out? DONATE. This allows me to take the GF out to dinner so she isn't as pissy when I'm working on this stuff. ;-)

If you'd like to build your own copy, follow this guide:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
    Pay attention, because this matters.
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line to download the repo script:
      Code:
      curl https://raw.github.com/TeamRefuse/android/gingerbread/repo > ~/bin/repo
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line for the repo init:
      Code:
      repo init -u git://github.com/TeamRefuse/android.git -b gingerbread
    • Skip the "Copy proprietary files" section. All proprietary files you need are included.
    • In the "Configure Build & Compile" step, replace "galaxysmtd" with "infuse4g"
    When you are done building, you should have your very own version of CM7 with all the bugs that I mention above.

Still have issues? Completely new to linux and the like? Check out this guide courtesy of Skwerl23

Flashing from RED CWM
    When flashing from RED CWM, there are a few extra steps needed to get this working:
    1. Flash CM7 zip
    2. Reboot. You will get stuck at Samsung screen. This is normal.
    3. Pull battery, and reboot into recovery (Hold: VOL+ VOL- Power)
    4. You should now be in ORANGE CWM.
    5. Go to "mounts and storage"
    6. select format /system
    7. Reflash CM7 zip (NOTE: don't forget gapps as well)
    8. Reboot into CM7 goodness
    2011-09-29
    • Fixed up smartass governor so it actually works instead of falling back to interactive, and scales properly.

2011-09-26

2011-09-22
    Ok, for those that want it, here it is:

update-cm-7.1.0-Infuse4G-KANG-090211.zip - Link removed to prevent issues... PM me if you've downloaded and need help, so as to not clutter this thread.

If anyone has a problem with me posting this, let me know and I'll remove it. It works 100% though. Built yesterday. :)

EDIT: For first time CM flashers coming from Samsung ROM's, MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR CACHE (normal and dalvik) AND DO A FACTORY RESET/DATA WIPE! Flashing from Green/Red CWM you may have to do a quick battery pull like the OP said in his installation instructions...
    Easy. Dont run quadrant. Its useless anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
    Fixed Voodoo Sound issue after calls. You can download the updated kernel here: http://www.multiupload.com/IEDSKJ82H4

I'll push the changes to github in the morning, but I gotta go home now!

EDIT: I've had a few weird reboots since I flashed this kernel, but I can't imagine any of the code changed is causing it since its such a small change and related only to the audio states. It may just be my phone, or the OC/UV I just set today, so let me know if anyone flashes it and has any issues.

EDIT2: The weird issues were caused by smartass. Changed back to conservative and everything's good again.