2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF build Stock ROM FIXED DATA [10/27]

Search This thread

pzztgotbagz

Nov 11, 2006
i really wish sprint were more proactive with this phone...watching football this weekend i saw at least 3 bionic variant commercials...and 1 lame sprint business commercial...in all honesty if it weren't for me and a few others here we wouldn't even know to expect updates...and i am almost certain sprint and moto are using us as lab monkeys to test and troubleshoot as they go along. very little r&d is going into this phone...we say what needs fixing...it shows up in a build somewhere down the line...I will keep up my efforts to keep everyone in the latest and greatest updates as they become avail to me...someone has to!

YAY,

dont get discoraged and we thank you very much for the support. I remember back in the old sprint flip phone days. The sanyo 9000 was one of the best PHONES that was ever built and put on the sprint network. Father in law still uses one and thats been like 5 years ago. But like everything that Sprint builds well they will discontinue it just as fast as they want people to continue to swap devices even though something new may not be as good as something already out. I love this phone and if it wasnt for using the Webtop i would probably jump ship. But continue to give us support as it helps since the community for this device is so small.

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
i really wish sprint were more proactive with this phone...watching football this weekend i saw at least 3 bionic variant commercials...and 1 lame sprint business commercial...in all honesty if it weren't for me and a few others here we wouldn't even know to expect updates...and i am almost certain sprint and moto are using us as lab monkeys to test and troubleshoot as they go along. very little r&d is going into this phone...we say what needs fixing...it shows up in a build somewhere down the line...I will keep up my efforts to keep everyone in the latest and greatest updates as they become avail to me...someone has to!

Thanks Yay, quite honestly, if it wasn't for you, there would not be any development on this phone or close to zero. And like you, I'm left wondering why Sprint has never advertised this phone and never pushed it in any way, as I believe it is the best phone in their lineup right now.

Applying the OTA update over here in Vegas, let's see what build I end up with.

Last edited:

mquinn24

Feb 27, 2010
Gamecock Country
:(

i tried that upon news of 198_6 update only rolled out in certain areas this is why i obtain the sbf early so that everyone can benefit from it without waiting for ota

How did you get the battery percentage in that screen shot? Are you using the latest stock deodexed build. I've been looking for this mod and found one in the Bionic forum.

Thanks for everything.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Reactions: zeyarwynntun

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
How did you get the battery percentage in that screen shot? Are you using the latest stock deodexed build. I've been looking for this mod and found one in the Bionic forum.

Thanks for everything.

yes i am using my own stock deodexed rom with w/ a few theme mods...still working on the full theme. Right now it's only 10% increments but working on 1% as well

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Yay i tried the 198_6 and had major issues. I typically flash all of the updates but this one was bad. I always master reset via Manual Method after flash and reboot and this one was having connectivity issues and wifi wouldnt re-connect. Now that i flashed down to 198_5 and did the OTA update the phone is smooth as butter and no issues. FYI OTA update is live in Houston Texas. Not sure if you have to be on 198_5 already or not.

In Houston myself and on 154-6 and no updates for me yet. Will keep checking throughout the day, but even on sprints site they state 154_6 is the latest.

mquinn24

Feb 27, 2010
Gamecock Country
yes i am using my own stock deodexed rom with w/ a few theme mods...still working on the full theme. Right now it's only 10% increments but working on 1% as well

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

I contacted Nitro last night about the 1% mod he did for the bionic. I sent him the framework-res and systems.jar from your deodexed rom. He is working on it.

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
Ok, I'm on 198_6 stock rooted and the damn wi-fi internet calling (VoIP) bug hasn't been fixed still. As usual, you can register with the VoIP provider (in this case, Callcentric), but it force-closes everytime the VoIP number is called or everytime I try to do a VoIP call.

Yay, if you can report back to Sprint or Motorola's channels, could you please report this bug to them ?

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
Ok, I'm on 198_6 stock rooted and the damn wi-fi internet calling (VoIP) bug hasn't been fixed still. As usual, you can register with the VoIP provider (in this case, Callcentric), but it force-closes everytime the VoIP number is called or everytime I try to do a VoIP call.

Yay, if you can report back to Sprint or Motorola's channels, could you please report this bug to them ?

will do! just finishing up with the theme if anyone wants to give it a whirl...
1317230415312.png

Last edited:

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: mquinn24

BrianTDI

Nov 4, 2008
Has 2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6-CM fixed the proximity sensor bug? (Bug disables the prox sensor after bluetooth use(?) so when you make calls the screen does not turn off close to your ear leading to unintentional button presses.)

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
Has 2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6-CM fixed the proximity sensor bug? (Bug disables the prox sensor after bluetooth use(?) so when you make calls the screen does not turn off close to your ear leading to unintentional button presses.)

i do not use bluetooth as i have it routed thru my car stereo for hands free but the proximity sensor does work as designed...

boxermansr

Jun 26, 2007
El Paso, TX
my phones "about phone" section shows I have 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_6 so is this the latest, or is the one in the first post (updated today, 9/28), newer, and if so, flashing it won't hard reset my device, correct?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts