[Q] Kindle FIre and Google Play Store

Search This thread

LanQiao

Apr 6, 2012
Freeport, Trinidad
When Amazon updated to 6.3 my Kindle Fire had to be rooted again. This time, although I have the Google Play Store app, when I launch it, the following message appears: "You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?" When either Yes or No is selected, the app force closes.
Tried unrooting and re-rooting, rebooting, but nothing works.
Hope someone out there can help, please.

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
When Amazon updated to 6.3 my Kindle Fire had to be rooted again. This time, although I have the Google Play Store app, when I launch it, the following message appears: "You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?" When either Yes or No is selected, the app force closes.

Install GoogleServicesFramework.apk and this should stop happening. You can extract it from the GB (GingerBread) GoogleApps zip file. I always put that .apk into /system/app, but that may not be necessary (not sure on that). Just try installing the gsf apk and see if it works -- I personally would also reinstall the market at this point (Vending.apk). If this doesn't work, you will probably have to get into adb and push the .apks to /system/app while in recovery. Then, you can work your way to them with a file explorer that can get into root (ES File Explorer works) and install both .apks by simply tapping them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LanQiao

LanQiao

Apr 6, 2012
Freeport, Trinidad
This worked!! I have a different problem now where my Kindle cannot connect to the Tootle server.
The error response is that my phone is not provisioned for data services.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

LanQiao

Apr 6, 2012
Freeport, Trinidad
UPDATE - After I tried to download an app, I received the following message: "The application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and force closes.

I tried rebooting as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the Play Store, but no change.

Thanks in advance for your help.

nayoula

May 2, 2012
Me too! I thinks it's a GoogleServicesFramework.apk version issue.
Can anyone advise what gapps version to use?

montoyat

Mar 26, 2011
Google Play force closes, Google Framework won't install

I've rooted my Kindle Fire running version 6.3. It's running the stock OS. I used the Kindle Fire Utility version 0.9.5. It rooted and loaded TWRP but was unable to push the google apps (extras) as 'permission denied'. So I installed rootbrowser.apk. It works with superuser privileges. I downloaded GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending 3.5.16.apk and then with Windows Explorer I dragged them into the /sdcard/Download directory. With rootbrowser I copied them over into /system/app. I tried to install the google apps. Google Play installs but crashes. GoogleServicesFramework.apk will not install. Using Rootbrowser, I was not able to delete the GoogleServicesFramework.apk. I booted the Kindle Fire into recovery mode, mounted /system, then used ADB to push the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and the Vending 3.5.16.apk into /system/app. The files were successfully copied into /system/app. I rebooted the Kindle, using rootbrowser I installed Google Play (Vending 3.5.16.apk) but GoogleServicesFramework just shows "Application Not Installed". When I launch Google Play I'm prompted to add my account info on the device to continue. When i select "Yes", it closes and I'm unable to get past this point. I have the "Go Launcher EX" installed. I also went into recovery with TWRP and fixed permissions. Still nothing worked.

I've watched the NOOB video, and read Kindle Fire For Beginners and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've scoured the posts but though i've tried everything that everyone else has done in order to get Framework installed and Google Play to work, I cannot get passed this point. I'm now 4 days into the process of 'rooting' this device. Like I said, it's rooted, but not completely functional with the desired apps.

Does someone have anymore ideas on how to get GoogleServicesFramework.apk to install and Vending 3.5.16.apk to work after it's installed?

Thanks!!!

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
I've rooted my Kindle Fire running version 6.3. It's running the stock OS. I used the Kindle Fire Utility version 0.9.5. It rooted and loaded TWRP but was unable to push the google apps (extras) as 'permission denied'. So I installed rootbrowser.apk. It works with superuser privileges. I downloaded GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending 3.5.16.apk and then with Windows Explorer I dragged them into the /sdcard/Download directory. With rootbrowser I copied them over into /system/app. I tried to install the google apps. Google Play installs but crashes. GoogleServicesFramework.apk will not install. Using Rootbrowser, I was not able to delete the GoogleServicesFramework.apk. I booted the Kindle Fire into recovery mode, mounted /system, then used ADB to push the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and the Vending 3.5.16.apk into /system/app. The files were successfully copied into /system/app. I rebooted the Kindle, using rootbrowser I installed Google Play (Vending 3.5.16.apk) but GoogleServicesFramework just shows "Application Not Installed". When I launch Google Play I'm prompted to add my account info on the device to continue. When i select "Yes", it closes and I'm unable to get past this point. I have the "Go Launcher EX" installed. I also went into recovery with TWRP and fixed permissions. Still nothing worked.

I've watched the NOOB video, and read Kindle Fire For Beginners and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've scoured the posts but though i've tried everything that everyone else has done in order to get Framework installed and Google Play to work, I cannot get passed this point. I'm now 4 days into the process of 'rooting' this device. Like I said, it's rooted, but not completely functional with the desired apps.

Does someone have anymore ideas on how to get GoogleServicesFramework.apk to install and Vending 3.5.16.apk to work after it's installed?

Thanks!!!

What are your "GoogleServicesFramework.apk" permissions set to?

Reactions: montoyat

montoyat

Mar 26, 2011
The GoogleServicesFramework.apk installed in /syste/app/ is 777 (for owner, group and others), i.e., rwx for all three users.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Well, 4 days and running into roadblocks. I was probably chasing my tail. However, when the nice guy that posted a reply asked "what were the permissions of googleservicesframework, and I checked that they were 777, I decided that maybe..., just maybe, I had a bad .apk. All of the .apks that were in the folder were 644. So I downloaded a new version of googleservicesframework.apk from media source fire (the one that I had was from a link posted previously.) I noticed that most of the .apk files were around 600 kb. The one that I had downloaded previously was about 2mb.

After copying over the small .apk into /system/app, my google play started working perfectly! I'm VERY sorry for being a NOOB! However, thank you all at xda for being here for all of us! Keep up the good work!!

Reactions: nayoula

nayoula

May 2, 2012
montoyat, please share the link with us for the GoogleServicesFramework version that's working for you. I'm having issues too, and have been through over 10 gapps and different apk files. going nuts here!

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Install GoogleServicesFramework.apk and this should stop happening. You can extract it from the GB (GingerBread) GoogleApps zip file. I always put that .apk into /system/app, but that may not be necessary (not sure on that). Just try installing the gsf apk and see if it works -- I personally would also reinstall the market at this point (Vending.apk). If this doesn't work, you will probably have to get into adb and push the .apks to /system/app while in recovery. Then, you can work your way to them with a file explorer that can get into root (ES File Explorer works) and install both .apks by simply tapping them.
    i would recommend flashing modacos rom if you want a smooth bugless stock amazon experience.. not trying to be an ad, but just saying.

Thanks!!!

What are your "GoogleServicesFramework.apk" permissions set to?
    The GoogleServicesFramework.apk installed in /syste/app/ is 777 (for owner, group and others), i.e., rwx for all three users.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Well, 4 days and running into roadblocks. I was probably chasing my tail. However, when the nice guy that posted a reply asked "what were the permissions of googleservicesframework, and I checked that they were 777, I decided that maybe..., just maybe, I had a bad .apk. All of the .apks that were in the folder were 644. So I downloaded a new version of googleservicesframework.apk from media source fire (the one that I had was from a link posted previously.) I noticed that most of the .apk files were around 600 kb. The one that I had downloaded previously was about 2mb.

After copying over the small .apk into /system/app, my google play started working perfectly! I'm VERY sorry for being a NOOB! However, thank you all at xda for being here for all of us! Keep up the good work!!