[modem][cwm]t889uvajl1 | 10/26/2012

Search This thread

shawnpandey

Aug 17, 2010
Flashed this to the SGH-T889v (canadian version)

Got my signal back (it says no sim as it didn't before)

Problem is there is still no IMEI.....

Tried reflashing all components a few times but still nothing.

Is there no end to this issue!?!?!?

AARRGGH.

Checked all the Bell network APN settings...still says NOT REGISTERED TO NETWORK

Any suggestions?

VIIRU§

Jul 15, 2012
Newark

AARRGGH.

Checked all the Bell network APN settings...still says NOT REGISTERED TO NETWORK

Any suggestions?

Are you still on the International rom?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

AddisG

Mar 3, 2009
Washington

AARRGGH.

Any suggestions?

Hey Shawn,

Wipe data then flash the Stock ROM, flash the flashable Modem.bin and you're all set my friend!!! :D

shawnpandey

Aug 17, 2010
Im basically a genius.

I flashed my original rom to the t-mobile one and did NOT make a backup

Now i have a sgh-t889v with t889 rom

Ive tired everything including what adidas recommended but nothing...big NO SIGNAL and no IMEI

I msg'd someone who's got the exact phone as me but they have not replied. He's rooted so he should be able to make a full nandroid backup but no reply....:(

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Hey Shawn,

Wipe data then flash the Stock ROM, flash the flashable Modem.bin and you're all set my friend!!! :D

Tried it again bro...no imei

SUCKS

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
rom vs rom - carrier change

this leads me to a question, say i get my full priced note II unlocked n chop a straight talk sim card to fit it. do i need to flash a tmobile rom still or somthing else because I will be on att basicly at that point and want the 4g access

bongbongcong

Feb 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Compatible with all n7100 international???

Hi, excuse me. Do you this modem note 2 T-Mobile can flash to N7100 international? So the result for N7100 can get 1700 Mhz freq using T-Mobile network service without EDGE??? Please answer my noob question. Sorry my english not perfect. Appreciate. Thank you.

phuduong

Aug 16, 2005
Rowlett
Hi, excuse me. Do you this modem note 2 T-Mobile can flash to N7100 international? So the result for N7100 can get 1700 Mhz freq using T-Mobile network service without EDGE??? Please answer my noob question. Sorry my english not perfect. Appreciate. Thank you.

No, you should not. Because international version does not support AWS 1700 band. You have been warned.

Reactions: bongbongcong

slimc84

Nov 22, 2011
Im basically a genius.

I flashed my original rom to the t-mobile one and did NOT make a backup

Now i have a sgh-t889v with t889 rom

Ive tired everything including what adidas recommended but nothing...big NO SIGNAL and no IMEI

I msg'd someone who's got the exact phone as me but they have not replied. He's rooted so he should be able to make a full nandroid backup but no reply....:(

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Tried it again bro...no imei

SUCKS

all you should need is a backup of someone who has your version's boot.img file....if you can get it, send it to me and i will create an odin flashable boot.img that will get you your imei back....i had to do the same thing for T-MO US variants....

williamsonoma

Dec 6, 2010
I am on the same boat.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33612444#post33612444

Greetings all.
I rooted my sgn2 using the toolkit and installed TWRP.
Then proceeded to install Omega rom.
In TWRP, I wiped cache dalvik syetem, factory reset.

I now have my IMEI as unknown and I do not have a efs backup. Is there a way to restore my imei/efs partition? I have searched all of xda without a resolution. I seriously wished I backed up my efs partition.

Please let me know if there is anything I could do.
Thank you,
William

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
I am on the same boat.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33612444#post33612444

Greetings all.
I rooted my sgn2 using the toolkit and installed TWRP.
Then proceeded to install Omega rom.
In TWRP, I wiped cache dalvik syetem, factory reset.

I now have my IMEI as unknown and I do not have a efs backup. Is there a way to restore my imei/efs partition? I have searched all of xda without a resolution. I seriously wished I backed up my efs partition.

Please let me know if there is anything I could do.
Thank you,
William

Omega is from international note2 n7100 not sght889 Odin back to stock
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969551
Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

ysr84

Sep 11, 2010
Mississauga
all you should need is a backup of someone who has your version's boot.img file....if you can get it, send it to me and i will create an odin flashable boot.img that will get you your imei back....i had to do the same thing for T-MO US variants....

I have a CMW backup of the SGH-T889v from a brand new device which has all stock firmware and modem and all...
I took the backup and tried to restore on shawns phone however the Baseband still remains the same it wont change it....

I donno why it is happening i thought when you do a cmw backup it backs your modem and all....

Any suggestions?

Deliximus

Jan 22, 2010
I've seen this happen with the original note with "0" as the IMEI. i had to do a warranty swap.

mojorisin7178

Most likely something really stupid:?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Ha your probally right. I havent gotten a chance to read up on this phone yet I worked 102 hojrs last week when I am not workin I am sleeping. But that is over now. One thing I noticed is it seems like samsung might have used one design for all the different carriers but I would assume that the software is still a little different than the international one.

raw321

Nov 9, 2012
hey i flashed this modem , also flashed to original stock rom, no luck i get imei as 0/00 and if i put sim card it shows searching

please helppppp thanx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable modem pulled from running TMo T889 for those who flashed N71xx firmware.

Instructions:
    Download T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip
    Flash through custom recovery

Downloads:
    T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip
    anyone else get an error when flashing this? (using TWRP).
    I get an assert failed extracting the modem.bin.

In addition, I've downloaded a handful of times now-- each time the md5 does not match the one on the OP link. Any ideas?

also using TWRP and get the same error with the zip from the OP.

took the zip from the T889v modem, injected our modem, and it worked for me. here it is.http://db.tt/ePHMxGm2

No, you should not. Because international version does not support AWS 1700 band. You have been warned.
    Man I see problems here and there.... I am using a T-Mobile USA Gnote 2. So is this the one that I need for my phone? Sorry sounds a little noob but I would like a confirmation. Thanks

This is the modem for the sigh t889... T mobile note 2 :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    This worked for me via clockwork. I had flashed incorrect rom, and modem stopped working.