[MOD] ENABLE SPELL CHECK - MJ7 and MJE UPDATE

Search This thread

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
I have never used SAFESTRAP before. would it be possible to send step by step of how to apply safestrap and root my note 3. Knowing that my note 3 is Canadian version. Another question > if I apply this root will it impact the kitkat update when it gets pushed out from Samsung?

Sorry I dont do step by step root instructions. Try google.

Atticuspoint6

Nov 2, 2011
Minneapolis
I have never used SAFESTRAP before. would it be possible to send step by step of how to apply safestrap and root my note 3. Knowing that my note 3 is Canadian version. Another question > if I apply this root will it impact the kitkat update when it gets pushed out from Samsung?

There are step by step instructions already. There's even videos. It isn't a difficult root on this phone, however, if you are noobish, you should read thru the instructions SEVERAL times before attempting. You said you're on the Canadian version? Still Verizon?

PS don't ask for instructions like that again. Use google search if your xda search doesn't turn up what you are looking for. If you can't find/ understand what you are looking for, you should probably just forget about it and go play candy crush for a while.

Reactions: racinwarrior

nabobcoffee

Feb 3, 2006
sm-n900w8 mod

There are step by step instructions already. There's even videos. It isn't a difficult root on this phone, however, if you are noobish, you should read thru the instructions SEVERAL times before attempting. You said you're on the Canadian version? Still Verizon?

PS don't ask for instructions like that again. Use google search if your xda search doesn't turn up what you are looking for. If you can't find/ understand what you are looking for, you should probably just forget about it and go play candy crush for a while.

Ok I am done playing candy crush. Does this mod works for SM-N900W8?

nabobcoffee

Feb 3, 2006

Attachments

• 2014-01-17-11-04-53.png
    2014-01-17-11-04-53.png
    39 KB · Views: 239

nabobcoffee

Feb 3, 2006
I won't root until I get a confirmation that the mods are compatible with my device. Because the google spell check feature is the only reason will make root my device. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Atticuspoint6

Nov 2, 2011
Minneapolis
Gilbert the mod won't work as is. However, if you change the mod slightly you can make it work. Unfortunately it seems like this might be a bit more advanced than what you're capable of. Just enjoy your phone. Even stock this phone is great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nabobcoffee

Feb 3, 2006
It's ok I tried modifying the two files you mentioned however for some reason my pc is throwing errors when I try to recompile the files. Thanks anyway for all your help. Cheers

barakutha

Nov 7, 2010
after installing this to beans 6, my system settings menu no longer look the same. Its in color and I no longer have an option for custom settings. Any ideas?

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
after installing this to beans 6, my system settings menu no longer look the same. Its in color and I no longer have an option for custom settings. Any ideas?

I used the stock samsung files. If you want this mod applied to a modified ROM, either follow the instructions i posted earlier to modify the ROM specific files or kindly ask your ROM developer to include it in their ROM.

nabobcoffee

Feb 3, 2006
Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to decompile framework2.jar

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
org.jf.dexlib.DexFile$NoClassesDexException: zip file framework2.jar does not contain a classes.dex file
at org.jf.dexlib.DexFile.<init>(DexFile.java:29
at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:280)

Any thoughts?

bryankroh

May 11, 2011
TO EDIT YOUR OWN FILES:

You need to decompile Secsettings.apk & framework2.jar.

In SecSettings, open the file "res\xml\language_settings.xml" and look for:

Code:
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/phone_language" android:key="phone_language" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LocalePicker" />

add new line and paste the following:

Code:
<com.android.settings.inputmethod.SpellCheckersPreference android:title="@string/spellcheckers_settings_title" android:key="spellcheckers_settings" />

In framework2.jar, open the file "smali\android\widget\TextView.smali" and look for:

Code:
.method public isSuggestionsEnabled()Z
.locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
.end method

Change the highlighted to:

Code:
.method public isSuggestionsEnabled()Z
.locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0
.end method

Once SecSettings.apk has been decompiled on my machine there is no language_settings.xml file to be found. (ran a search on the entire decompiled directory, and looked for anything similar for 10 minutes). Also, TextView.smali already has those values upon opening for me. Any insight you can give me would be great, I would love to get this feature working! Appreciate it!

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
Once SecSettings.apk has been decompiled on my machine there is no language_settings.xml file to be found. (ran a search on the entire decompiled directory, and looked for anything similar for 10 minutes). Also, TextView.smali already has those values upon opening for me. Any insight you can give me would be great, I would love to get this feature working! Appreciate it!

make sure that the ROM you are on doesnt already have this baked in. devs are starting to add it

bryankroh

May 11, 2011
That's a great suggestion, I did fail to mention I am trying to apply this mod to the factory ROM however, MJE.

Top Liked Posts