[Q] Is it possible to transfer apps from one Nexus 5 to another?

Search This thread

jvnanu

May 11, 2014
I had to RMA my Nexus 5 due to some display issues. I just got my new one today. I unlocked/rooted/flashed Omni and Franco and now I'm ready to start downloading all my apps. The problem is, I just noticed I've got 8GB of bandwidth left until Sunday and I need to hold onto that for Netflix etc. Is there any way to transfer all of my apps from my old Nexus 5 to my new one before I restock/relock and return? Worst case scenario is I wait until Monday. Or, I just download those really small apps that I use daily and wait until my bandwidth to roll over on Monday before downloading the rest. But if there's another way, I'd like to give it a shot.

Thanks!

yattaro

Jun 27, 2013
Metairie
Make a backup in recovery, copy to computer, copy the backup to new phone, restore? After all it's identical hardware so it should be fine.

Sent from my ceiling fan using XDA Übermensch -5

yattaro

Jun 27, 2013
Metairie
Would it be a problem that my old phone is running CM while my new one has Omni with Franco?

As long as it is still the same version of Android it should be okay. To keep the ROM flash only /data and clear /cache and /dalvik-cache to avoid any errors. Worst case you just flash the entire backup, use Titanium to get any apps and such, and reflash Omni.

tr3w

Aug 13, 2010
As long as it is still the same version of Android it should be okay. To keep the ROM flash only /data and clear /cache and /dalvik-cache to avoid any errors. Worst case you just flash the entire backup, use Titanium to get any apps and such, and reflash Omni.

I think using Titanium or Helium is much easier to use.
Also, don't forget your sms...