Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Hi,

Due to the demand of work related to this thread in the vibrant section I have needed to suspend all updates in this ROM thread. However due to the simplicity and ease of transition from vibrant to Galaxy S if there are features that members like from the vibrant thread made into a ROM for Galaxy S please PM me. I am a Galaxy S owner and all of my testing is done on my device and translated to Vibrant so it is actually quite easy for me to do, however it is not easy maintaining updates to two ROMs and two threads.

Link to thread

Jarmez_ROM3.png

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST BEFORE FLASHING AND POSTING THAT YOU HAVE ISSUES

-Special thanks-

* Thanks XDA for getting me here. I have learnt so much from this place!
* MyUI ICS for a base to work with that allows use of Samsung Apps
* OneCosmic for the smooth as gloss RC3 **Now 3.1** and thanks for the frustrations of migrating from RC2.11 LOl :)
* Perka for his graphical battery animation thread linked here -> Perka[MOD]ICS based on teamhacksung's ICS Port [20-01-2012] Updated!
* Special thanks especially to asianbobo15 - who ever you are? and you patch fix for wifi calling on earlier gingerbread ROMs on DarkyROM forum - I owe you a beer!
* denverg and his themeing techniques using apk tool
* pikachu01 for using part of his thunderbolt scripts
* zeppelinrox for his V6 supercharger script!
* cyanogenMOD team for being able to decompile and look through the remnants of CM7 that I used as a hop-skip-and jump to ICS and being a saviour and fallback when ICS chucks a sh!t and does backflips on me LOL
* credits to my grass roots in the DarkyROM forum and the inspiration for me to launch into the ICS ROM building in the firstplace...onwards and upwards you guys are progressing to bigger pastures with samsung firmwares and I am trying to build some of that awesome Darky style and bring the samsung feel (and less ASOP - sorry nothing against it) back into to ICS - It's what I and alot of others LOVE! otherwise I would have gone and got a Galnex :p
* vibranturk for acknowledging me in his thread when I didn't even do anything - Thanks man haha

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

-Whats included -

*Allows for integrat to both SamsungApps Market Place (integrated Upgraded Touchwiz framework)
*Social Network Sync
*2.0.1 Original Platypus Kernel based from OneCosmics (Now SGSICS) build Platypus kernel
*2.0.1 Latest Glitch Kernel
*NovaLauncher beta 13
*Improved GPS Signal
*MTP USB persist
*Scripting - Thundabolt - V6 4WDSupercharger - 3G Turbosharger
*Extensive Build prop modifications
**Visual mods coloured large ICS font battery charge and animation - borrowed from PerkaMOD based on teamhacksung integrated into RC3 systemUI
*Transparent Widgets - GenieWiget Google Email - Google Calendar

Note: Wifi calling is available on Vibrant. Please let me know via PM if you want this feature in this ROM?

.ogg RINGTONES
- MacGyver theme song
- SuperMario Brothers 3 (4 ringtones to choose from and one loaded as default being Mario Racoon tail with 1UP Starman)
- Psycho killer murder theme
- Sexy girl moaning to vibrator **added for LOLs**
.ogg NOTIFICATIONS
- 20th Centry Fox
- Universal studios
- Postbox
- Dell Pentium classics as notifications.
**Rick_Rolled (Rick Astley Never gona give you up)
.ogg ALARMS
- Australian Magpie - Sorry I couldn't resist and to tell you the truth I am bias....but it is the most beautiful sound to wake up to

Many many more to come in later releases

AWESEOME NEW BOOTANIMATION WILL BE THE HIGHLIGHT OF THIS ROM
>>>>>>SOOON TO COME<<<<<<<<<<
Additional apps installed as User Apps included with this ROM (User can remove them they are not system apps and don't need rootexplorer

USER Apps
Code:
/data/app/AndroZip_2.0.apk Free
Code:
[SIZE=2]/data/app/ASTRO_ASTRO_3.0.247.std.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/CacheMate for Root Users.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/CWM_1.80.apk ** can someone confirm that chainfires app is Free? If not I will remove it[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/DroidWall_1.5.7.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/ICSClock.apk - Free from Market[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/JuiceDefender_3.8.8.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/MoboPlayer_1.2.179.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/MoveApps_1.1.2.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/MyBackup Root-307.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/nitrality-132.apk Free version[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/Root Browser_1.3.2.apk  XDA free version with .root_browser [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/SamsungApps.apk - proprietary [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/Script Manager ads_1.8.7.apk Ad version[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/SD Maid-49.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/Spirit FM Free.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/Visidon_AppLock_1.5.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/Voodoo Control-90.apk Free[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/data/app/NexusLWP.apk  - Not sure who to thank I am still searching the forums for the member that made this apk - Its of the boot animation for ICS made into a live wall paper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=red]/data/app/Multi Mount SD-Card Lite_2.12.apk* - The proversion is much much faster and I recommend it[/COLOR] - Note this app allows for instant access of your SD cards as soon as you plug the cord in, and it also lets you browse both on the phone and on your PC hence multi- mount[/SIZE]
New Apps in System - Some removed and exchanged for newer versions
Code:
[SIZE=2]Note: Root Browser Pro XDA edition (added .root_browser file to system/etc)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SamsungAppsUNAService.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SisoDrmProvider.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SMTEngine.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SMTSetup.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SnsAccountFb.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SnsAccountTw.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SnsDisclaimer.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SnsImageCache.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/SnsProvider.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=red]*/app/Stk.apk[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=red]*T-Mobile Users (see Vibrant thread) - GanOptimizer.apk[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=red]*T-Mobile Users (see Vibrant thread) -WiFi-Calling.apk[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/syncmldm.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/syncmlds.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/WiFix.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/WiFixManager.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]/app/WlanTest.apk[/SIZE]
These are addon packages that will be uploaded
Code:
Performance and Tools
Code:
[SIZE=2]BatteryCalibration_1.2.apk - Not that it is needed because the boot script retains all the battery stats[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]CacheMate for Root Users Free.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]CF-Bench-6.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Chainfire3D-34.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]CWM_1.80.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]MoveApps_1.1.2.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]nitrality-132.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]NSTools_1.10.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Quadrant Standard-117.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Script Manager ads_1.8.7.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Script Manager ads-55.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]SD Maid-49.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Voltage Control_4.9.8r3.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]ZipSigner 2_2.3.apk[/SIZE]
Security and Backup
Code:
Carrier IQ Cleaner_1.1.apk
Code:
[SIZE=2]DroidWall_1.5.7.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Visidon_AppLock_1.5apk [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Voodoo CarrierIQ Detector_2.0.5.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]NetQin Sync_1.0.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]SMS Backup & Restore-65.apk[/SIZE]
Optional Addons package
Code:
AdAway-24.apk
Code:
[SIZE=2]CarHomeGoogle.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]CarHomeLauncher.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]DroidWall-157.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Dropbox-20100.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Flip4Silence_1.6.0.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]iPhone Top Charts_11.5.5.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]MultiPicture Live Wallpaper-45.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]No Moar Powah!_1.1.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]NoBars_2.1.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]NoLED_4.5.4.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]SlideME Marketplace_4.0.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Spirit FM Free.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]XDA_1.4.2.apk[/SIZE]
Media Add on Apps
Code:
Camcorder-1.apk
Code:
[SIZE=2]MoboPlayer_1.2.179.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Mp3 Music download_1.5.1.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]MP3 Ringtone Maker_1.95.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Shazam_3.7.2-BB73576.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]VidTrim_1.0.7.1.apk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Voodoo Control-90.apk[/SIZE]

-SCREEN SHOTS-
LINK SCREENSHOTS

-INSTRUCTIONS-
1. Always backup your phone in recovery
2. Load ROM flashable Zip to SD card
3. Download this kernel cleaning script and copy to SD card http://www.multiupload.com/SIC5IZ4CPM - NOTE see quoted post below.
4. Boot into recovery - flash the kernel script
5. flash the ROM zip
6. Boot into system - leave it settled for about 5min
7. Boot into recovery - restore all user data by advanced restore

If you are not a T- mobile US user but would like to try wifi calling for vibrant download and flash one of these Modems
Link to other CM7 Modems

<<<If you have issues>>
Reboot into recovery and flash the ROM again - no need to clear caches or reset permissions this is catered for by the installation procedure.
If you still have issues flash CM7 first located here
http://www.multiupload.com/KSI86NML4S
Then follow proceedure
I hope you Enjoy :)

DOWNLOADS **EDIT sorry standard modem....vibrant had KB5 this is Onecosmic stock

Jarmez_ROM_v.2.0.3_Glitch_v14.zip (189 mb) -> [link]- Download Link -[/URL]

EDIT: From my testing this one is more stable than the test kernel?
Jarmez_ROM_v.2.0.1_Platypus1.zip (189 mb) -> [LINK]- Download Link -[/URL]

ADD ON PACKAGES ALL FLASHABLE ZIPS

Samsung Apps in flashable package - confirmed working
Polaris Office (working)
Music Hub (working)
Games Hub (working)
[UPGRADE]Samsung Apps Upgrade for ALL Ice Cream Sandwich ROMS - Tested and working!!!
[PATCH]Adobe FlashPlayer &plugins - Working on desktop website for ICS[PICS]
NANO player plug in

JUST IN CASE YOU BREEZED OVER IT AND BEFORE YOU GET EXCITED, DOWNLOAD, AND FLASH.....HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR YOU: DO A NANDROID BACKUP!

This is FYI
[KERNEL]03.01.2011 test-kernels [CM7/MIUI/CM9 preview] platypus;SECURITY,VOODOO,OC/UV
First step before install & kernel switch:
Always have this cleaning script on your internal SD card ready

If you're
- switching kernels,
- have issues with auto-rotation,
- the cam,
- bootloops
- want to remove init script
- recover from a failed overclock attempt
please give either:
- lippol94's updated cleaning script (apply via CWM recovery): http://www.multiupload.com/XFH1GCK4MB
or
- WiwiPouPou's SYSTEM CLEANER SCRIPT (also apply via CWM recovery): (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14805606&postcount=21739)
a try
the kernel already applies some cleaning steps during install but sometimes that's not enough ...

Last edited:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
I can confirm facebook synch is working. Will be uploading all of my versions of the ROMs to dropbox soon.

I am tired and have been up really late so I want to get some sleep and clean up this thread tomorrow and maybe Mods might move it for me into the ROM/Dev area

jelle2503

Mar 12, 2011
nicely organized post

tl;dr

ps how old are you and what education did you follow?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Thanks I have updated it

What is tl;dr?

I am 29 years old
My profession is GIS Analyst/Cartographer and personal trainer
Background - Environmental Scientist
Android is self taught - ROMS and apps are a small blip on the radar for me at the moment...I say small but you guys on here gain such a following its just incredible

jamez243

Jul 7, 2008
Thanks I have updated it

What is tl;dr?

I am 29 years old
My profession is GIS Analyst/Cartographer and personal trainer
Background - Environmental Scientist
Android is self taught - ROMS and apps are a small blip on the radar for me at the moment...I say small but you guys on here gain such a following its just incredible

Man I have been considering personal training. I have studied some NASM material on my PC. But those certs are expensive.

Reactions: Jarmezrocks

saveferris91

Apr 19, 2011
Would it be possible to either upload the build.prop separately or list the changes made? I'm happy running onecosmic's rc2, but would appreciate getting Samsung apps working

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Would it be possible to either upload the build.prop separately or list the changes made? I'm happy running onecosmic's rc2, but would appreciate getting Samsung apps working

Hi,

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
ro.build.display.id=Jarmez Hack MyUI/1Cosmic RC3.1-4.0.3 IML74K
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.Onecosmic.20120104.223924
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Wed Jan  4 22:40:36 ART 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1325727636
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=Onecosmic
ro.build.host=dsk01lnx
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=GT-I9000
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9000
ro.product.device=GT-I9000
ro.product.board=aries
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=s5pc110
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=GT-I9000
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=GT-I9000-user 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD XXJVT release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9000/GT-I9000:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/XXJVT:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=default
# end build properties

Here is the build.prop details

I can tell you how to make your phone read Samsung in the build.prop, but you will need more than that.

The phone needs to be seen as Gingerbread version SGS. I have it as JVT because that is what I was on
I have kept part of the OneCosmic build label in the build name for my phone….because it is not the same as the download being RC3.1....and people need to know that (I never related to why before..I always thought it was for a label for recognition, but it helps devs support those experiencing issues - heck no use asking OneCosmic why your particular device cant download apps from samsung apps or stalls on install when trying to install an apk). I have my name as enhancement of MyUI and RC3.1 combinations (To note here this build is more RC3 build that it is MyUiICS. So reversed the order Me-> MyUI ->RC3.1 with final prototype name relating to initial port being the suffix final reference. If I were Japanese I would have reversed it LOL :p

It also needs to be a Samsung and GT-I9000 in those details and not the test keys code name or else Samsung apps will deny download or say your device is not supported. All apks that are existing that you may already have also check for framework when installing. That being said you *could* AFAIK edit xml in each of the apks to not check for twframework, but that would be rather time consuming

You will need the jar file for Touchwiz.4 and twframework.apk at minimum.

Then you are going to need an XML file in permissions for touchwiz

Path location

system\etc\permissions\

Tag: touchwiz.xml

Code
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<permissions>
    <library name="touchwiz" file="/system/framework/twframework.jar"/>
</permissions>

This enables the framework apk to be utilised and for the device to be recognised when the samsung apps application does a check like a license file check. When it sees that its touchwiz (proprietory Samsung framework) and that it has the check details matching SGS and latest version it will allow you to download apks.

But for what its work just download the ROM and give it a try, I think you will find that its much more improved compared to RC2 that’s for sure! I noticed the improvements, mainly the ROM. Plus you have MTP, enhanced connection for 3G via the script load at boot as well as strengthened GPS (via XML) but can totally understand why you would want to do it your self. It’s the learning that makes the difference isn't it? ;) Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
dang. i got the required files from another thread and made the changes and hey presto! bootloops. :(

XDA PRESENTS:
THE FAIRY TAIL NOVEL

*,*'Reflections From Personal Disaster*,*​

AND...

returning back from

'THE BOOTLOOPS OF HELL!!!'

- CWR MANAGER BEST PRACTICES 101 -

The response:
oooh ouch. Yeah mine doesn't bootloop:p. You need to get it right and you will learn from this no doubt (and I'm not being a smart arse here either).

The issue:
I think that there is an amount of "sensitivity" with doing things via recovery compared to rootexplorer'ing things to get it done. It's usually a permissions issue in the files them selves. Check your permissions.

The learning:
My recommendation to you would be to always keep a SD card reader handy ;) You could (if you haven't taken a nandroid backup cause you were confident - trust me i have done it) always use your ext SD card to load a new ROM (say this one for instance :D) boot into CWM and then flash from SD card and your back cooking with gas. If you continued issues because your Nand md5 is missmatched (different kernels or something?) then you could flash to an earlier base kernel (I have done this - trust me again) restore 'system' only (and leaving your data as is)if your back to the base kernel and you can roll back the system to of the ROM to the same kernel and your data will be fine (with the exception of all apps2SD you did will be goneski) but.....the phone will boot and your data will be there. Do a CWM backup of the nice "rolled back ROM" with your data all there and a sigh of relief.

I did this rolling back from RC3 to RC1 after kernel issues with RC2.

Then flash confidently your new ROM...(wipe or no wipe - I would recommend wipe at this stage and I will explain why) then restore data from the new recent CWM back up and your on your new ROM with the restored data as if you did a non-wipe install ;)

The solution:
For you right now (so its not all in hindsight like 'Oh well thats great that can't help me now only in the future :rolleyes:' ) you have the power to excuse my pun "BACK TO THE FUTURE III" michael J fox styles :p

At the very least do a nandroid right now even with system kaput and ****ty bootloops just for the sake of keeping your data.

Then when you flash and getting back on a clean "base" and restore data from this ****ty recovery you've taken and name it appropriately too - something like 17-01-12_ICS_RC_RC_datagain (who would use a naming convertion like that? ME! Date->ICS (for the sake of knowing the system you were on at the time cause you ain't needing it at all) RC....as you'd expect, RC again for "REALLY CRAP" and datagain cause you'd only retain it to gain access to your data LOL)
You may laugh at that but think about it...you don't wana make the silling mistake of seeing a bunch of backups with no unique identifiers (yes you - your the one that needs to uniquely identify the backup from all others that you have no idea what they were) "2011-11-05.15.31.46" and get a diget wrong or backwards looking at your cool bring blue recovery text in sized 2.5 system font and restore "2011-11-05.15.13.46" which happens to be bootloop central and then accidently restore it and think WTF did do wrong? :confused:

So then delete the CWM backup (the ****ty RC_RC_datagain one) off your SD (saves space) and THEN take a breath then a break fresh backup of new RC3.1 with the now existing data - it will keep a nice save point.

I make a habit of doing this every time just before I flash a ROM and just after once I know everything stable. As time goes I routinely go to clockwork on SD and blow away older non needed backups of ROMs. I had 3 backups of RC1 with restored apps and blank base etc etc. Keep the best of the ones and clear the rest.

The recommendations:
This is why the CWM app by chainfire is so brilliant. It allows to you input your own "meta-data" about the backup entry into the header of the backup. i.e. standard CWM from boot doesn't it asigns a default date and time string and nothing to uniquely identify your backup. In CWM it allows you to asign your own title.

For good practice. Prefix date then ROM, kernel then status. e.g 17-01-12_ICSRC3_1_Plat_fully restored*
*fully restored indicating all apps back up, all links from UI to apps on SD, all contacts, all messages etc.

Full factory data reset for a complete wipe and fresh install would get an suffix of "base". i.e 17-01-12_ICSRC3_1_Plat_base*
*base would mean a clean base to get to if you need to

Something to note here is that having a base is sometimes a good starting or flashing point if you ever need go back an increment without needing to redo multiple ROMS and kernels. Like needing to go back to JVT, then CM7 and the RC1 then RC3 is a hassle. If you had a clean base of RC2 you can always run kernel cleaning script, flash fresh kernel of the ROM that you had for RC2 and then do a full restore of the backup base from RC2 and you have a fresh RC2 ROM. Then restore data from there.....from your latest backup.

Following good practices like this ensures you don't get some sort of remaining fragments of a past ROM interfering with your release upgrade ;-)

So many devs and ROM'er have the default "Oh well you should have taken a nandroid backup dude not my problem do a wipe and start again" leaving users half in tears and not really taking the time to share ways that they could help or fix things?

My App package will include CWM1.80 for everyone to use just for this purpose. Make sure you give thanks to the dev for this if you use it! It's a flashers saviour!

PS: If you want you can periodically transfer clockwork backups to a PC for safe keeping and you have all the header metadata to be able to identify them by - trust me I have at times flashed back in yonder to restore an old backup of a ROM to obtain something I wanted (SMS/MMS or what ever) and flash back again hahaha (I now have tools on my PC for extraction of this sort of info if needs be).

Eternal love and happiness of your android phone:D:D:D:D:D

the-end1.jpg

Last edited:

jamez243

Jul 7, 2008
I'm really confused. So this is not 4.0.3?

saveferris91

Apr 19, 2011
oooh ouch. Yeah mine doesn't bootloop. You need to get it right. I think that there is an amount of "sensitivity" with doing things via recovery compared to rootexplorer'ing things to get it done. It's usually a permissions issue in the files them selves. Check your permissions.

yeah, didn't do nandroid backup... but still had ROM files on SD so reinstalled ROM thru CWM and up and running again.

i'm happy to live without samsungapps for now. not really that bothered, it was just something to mess around with to fill a boring afternoon at work!

Reactions: Jarmezrocks

lou_pams

May 13, 2011
Facebook Sync - Unable to log-in

Extracted the SNS files from your ROM and copied them to my existing ICS RC3, i am able to open the facebook log-in but it does not however allow me to log-in (blocked login i think). Is there anything that i missed? I dont to reflashed cause i already setup my phone. Thanks for any help.

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Just wanted to report swype works great on my onecosmic RC3 (didn't try this rom but i see no reason not to work). Had this problem installing and downloading languages afterwards so i had to follow this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1417131

Did the quick one. Worked great. Swype shouldn't be denied to anyone :D

Maybe it was the version I was using? I will definitely check it out :)

Screen shots are up everybody. Hope you guys like?

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Jarez Hack

The main reason I haven't jumped on the ICS bandwagon is that I like Samsung framework, so I am totally interested in this. I realize that this is not true Touchwiz (the TW4 launcher probably won't work) but at least I can have ICS and most of my Samsung apps. Samsung music player working? The camera app?:)

detective81

Dec 24, 2011
[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS GTi9000 TELSTRA

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS GTi9000 OPTUS

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS GTi9000B JVU Europe

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS SGH-T959 KB5 Modem For USA

can i ask... which one i should download??:D

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
The main reason I haven't jumped on the ICS bandwagon is that I like Samsung framework, so I am totally interested in this. I realize that this is not true Touchwiz (the TW4 launcher probably won't work) but at least I can have ICS and most of my Samsung apps. Samsung music player working? The camera app?:)

You've read my thoughts already. Don't worry bud that is coming with one of my add on packages that I will be uploading tonight ;) I have it ready and waiting to flash, but I have to test it all first just in case.

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS GTi9000 TELSTRA

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS GTi9000 OPTUS

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS GTi9000B JVU Europe

[DOWNLOAD] - JARMEZ HACK RC3.1/MYICS SGH-T959 KB5 Modem For USA

can i ask... which one i should download??:D

What phone do you have and what region are you in? The ROMs I have uploaded are for what I see as the most popular modems that people are using.

If you tell me the details I will tell you which link and if needs be I will link you to a secondary modem file to flash if your phone region isn't suited to the ROM.

JVT seems the most common though for "general use" (Edit: I just realised I haven't uploaded my JVT ROM lol ooops! Ahh crapola my Dropbox is at max capacity that why grrr) but if you want awesome battery power maybe something else is better suited;) I'll check when I get home for you in half hour

Here are the list of modems you can choose from to flash
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1158783

If you have a plain Galaxy S and your on 850mhz network flash the first one and try it. If you have a plain galaxy S and on normal network flash second one and then one from that list....or just the JVT one that will upload when I get home after clearing some rubbish out of my drop box

Last edited:

chenthu

Sep 5, 2011
Glasgow
I was hesitating to jump on ICS for a long time because of no Touchwiz... Cause of native video calling and samsung apps.... But i some how started using ICS without those.. Now that you are trying to bring touch wiz features or port tw4 completely to ICS.. I am all in smiles and have high hopes...

Does this support native video calling?.. If not, Do you plan to bring TW4 with native video calling to ICS RC3.1?..

Thank you very much for your effort and all the best for your future work too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Due to the demand of work related to this thread in the vibrant section I have needed to suspend all updates in this ROM thread. However due to the simplicity and ease of transition from vibrant to Galaxy S if there are features that members like from the vibrant thread made into a ROM for Galaxy S please PM me. I am a Galaxy S owner and all of my testing is done on my device and translated to Vibrant so it is actually quite easy for me to do, however it is not easy maintaining updates to two ROMs and two threads.

Link to thread

Jarmez_ROM3.png

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST BEFORE FLASHING AND POSTING THAT YOU HAVE ISSUES

-Special thanks-

* Thanks XDA for getting me here. I have learnt so much from this place!
    * MyUI ICS for a base to work with that allows use of Samsung Apps
    * OneCosmic for the smooth as gloss RC3 **Now 3.1** and thanks for the frustrations of migrating from RC2.11 LOl :)
    * Perka for his graphical battery animation thread linked here -> Perka[MOD]ICS based on teamhacksung's ICS Port [20-01-2012] Updated!
    * Special thanks especially to asianbobo15 - who ever you are? and you patch fix for wifi calling on earlier gingerbread ROMs on DarkyROM forum - I owe you a beer!
    * denverg and his themeing techniques using apk tool
    * pikachu01 for using part of his thunderbolt scripts
    * zeppelinrox for his V6 supercharger script!
    * cyanogenMOD team for being able to decompile and look through the remnants of CM7 that I used as a hop-skip-and jump to ICS and being a saviour and fallback when ICS chucks a sh!t and does backflips on me LOL
    * credits to my grass roots in the DarkyROM forum and the inspiration for me to launch into the ICS ROM building in the firstplace...onwards and upwards you guys are progressing to bigger pastures with samsung firmwares and I am trying to build some of that awesome Darky style and bring the samsung feel (and less ASOP - sorry nothing against it) back into to ICS - It's what I and alot of others LOVE! otherwise I would have gone and got a Galnex :p
    * vibranturk for acknowledging me in his thread when I didn't even do anything - Thanks man haha

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

-Whats included -

*Allows for integrat to both SamsungApps Market Place (integrated Upgraded Touchwiz framework)
    *Social Network Sync
    *2.0.1 Original Platypus Kernel based from OneCosmics (Now SGSICS) build Platypus kernel
    *2.0.1 Latest Glitch Kernel
    *NovaLauncher beta 13
    *Improved GPS Signal
    *MTP USB persist
    *Scripting - Thundabolt - V6 4WDSupercharger - 3G Turbosharger
    *Extensive Build prop modifications
    **Visual mods coloured large ICS font battery charge and animation - borrowed from PerkaMOD based on teamhacksung integrated into RC3 systemUI
    *Transparent Widgets - GenieWiget Google Email - Google Calendar

Note: Wifi calling is available on Vibrant. Please let me know via PM if you want this feature in this ROM?

.ogg RINGTONES
    - MacGyver theme song
    - SuperMario Brothers 3 (4 ringtones to choose from and one loaded as default being Mario Racoon tail with 1UP Starman)
    - Psycho killer murder theme
    - Sexy girl moaning to vibrator **added for LOLs**
    .ogg NOTIFICATIONS
    - 20th Centry Fox
    - Universal studios
    - Postbox
    - Dell Pentium classics as notifications.
    **Rick_Rolled (Rick Astley Never gona give you up)
    .ogg ALARMS
    - Australian Magpie - Sorry I couldn't resist and to tell you the truth I am bias....but it is the most beautiful sound to wake up to

Many many more to come in later releases

AWESEOME NEW BOOTANIMATION WILL BE THE HIGHLIGHT OF THIS ROM
    Additional apps installed as User Apps included with this ROM (User can remove them they are not system apps and don't need rootexplorer

USER Apps
    Code:
    /data/app/AndroZip_2.0.apk Free
    Code:
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/ASTRO_ASTRO_3.0.247.std.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/CacheMate for Root Users.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/CWM_1.80.apk ** can someone confirm that chainfires app is Free? If not I will remove it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/DroidWall_1.5.7.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/ICSClock.apk - Free from Market[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/JuiceDefender_3.8.8.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/MoboPlayer_1.2.179.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/MoveApps_1.1.2.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/MyBackup Root-307.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/nitrality-132.apk Free version[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/Root Browser_1.3.2.apk  XDA free version with .root_browser [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/SamsungApps.apk - proprietary [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/Script Manager ads_1.8.7.apk Ad version[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/SD Maid-49.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/Spirit FM Free.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/Visidon_AppLock_1.5.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/Voodoo Control-90.apk Free[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/data/app/NexusLWP.apk  - Not sure who to thank I am still searching the forums for the member that made this apk - Its of the boot animation for ICS made into a live wall paper[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=red]/data/app/Multi Mount SD-Card Lite_2.12.apk* - The proversion is much much faster and I recommend it[/COLOR] - Note this app allows for instant access of your SD cards as soon as you plug the cord in, and it also lets you browse both on the phone and on your PC hence multi- mount[/SIZE]
    New Apps in System - Some removed and exchanged for newer versions
    Code:
    [SIZE=2]Note: Root Browser Pro XDA edition (added .root_browser file to system/etc)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SamsungAppsUNAService.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SisoDrmProvider.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SMTEngine.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SMTSetup.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SnsAccountFb.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SnsAccountTw.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SnsDisclaimer.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SnsImageCache.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/SnsProvider.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=red]*/app/Stk.apk[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=red]*T-Mobile Users (see Vibrant thread) - GanOptimizer.apk[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=red]*T-Mobile Users (see Vibrant thread) -WiFi-Calling.apk[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/syncmldm.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/syncmlds.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/WiFix.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/WiFixManager.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]/app/WlanTest.apk[/SIZE]
    These are addon packages that will be uploaded
    Code:
    Performance and Tools
    Code:
    [SIZE=2]BatteryCalibration_1.2.apk - Not that it is needed because the boot script retains all the battery stats[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]CacheMate for Root Users Free.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]CF-Bench-6.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Chainfire3D-34.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]CWM_1.80.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]MoveApps_1.1.2.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]nitrality-132.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]NSTools_1.10.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Quadrant Standard-117.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Script Manager ads_1.8.7.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Script Manager ads-55.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]SD Maid-49.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Voltage Control_4.9.8r3.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]ZipSigner 2_2.3.apk[/SIZE]
    Security and Backup
    Code:
    Carrier IQ Cleaner_1.1.apk
    Code:
    [SIZE=2]DroidWall_1.5.7.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Visidon_AppLock_1.5apk [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Voodoo CarrierIQ Detector_2.0.5.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]NetQin Sync_1.0.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]SMS Backup & Restore-65.apk[/SIZE]
    Optional Addons package
    Code:
    AdAway-24.apk
    Code:
    [SIZE=2]CarHomeGoogle.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]CarHomeLauncher.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]DroidWall-157.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Dropbox-20100.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Flip4Silence_1.6.0.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]iPhone Top Charts_11.5.5.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]MultiPicture Live Wallpaper-45.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]No Moar Powah!_1.1.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]NoBars_2.1.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]NoLED_4.5.4.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]SlideME Marketplace_4.0.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]XDA_1.4.2.apk[/SIZE]
    Media Add on Apps
    Code:
    Camcorder-1.apk
    Code:
    [SIZE=2]MoboPlayer_1.2.179.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mp3 Music download_1.5.1.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]MP3 Ringtone Maker_1.95.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Shazam_3.7.2-BB73576.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]VidTrim_1.0.7.1.apk[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Voodoo Control-90.apk[/SIZE]

-SCREEN SHOTS-
    LINK SCREENSHOTS

-INSTRUCTIONS-
    1. Always backup your phone in recovery
    2. Load ROM flashable Zip to SD card
    3. Download this kernel cleaning script and copy to SD card http://www.multiupload.com/SIC5IZ4CPM - NOTE see quoted post below.
    4. Boot into recovery - flash the kernel script
    5. flash the ROM zip
    6. Boot into system - leave it settled for about 5min
    7. Boot into recovery - restore all user data by advanced restore

If you are not a T- mobile US user but would like to try wifi calling for vibrant download and flash one of these Modems
    Link to other CM7 Modems

<<<If you have issues>>
    Reboot into recovery and flash the ROM again - no need to clear caches or reset permissions this is catered for by the installation procedure.
    If you still have issues flash CM7 first located here
    http://www.multiupload.com/KSI86NML4S
    Then follow proceedure
    I hope you Enjoy :)

DOWNLOADS **EDIT sorry standard modem....vibrant had KB5 this is Onecosmic stock

Jarmez_ROM_v.2.0.3_Glitch_v14.zip (189 mb) -> [link]- Download Link -[/URL]

EDIT: From my testing this one is more stable than the test kernel?
    Jarmez_ROM_v.2.0.1_Platypus1.zip (189 mb) -> [LINK]- Download Link -[/URL]

ADD ON PACKAGES ALL FLASHABLE ZIPS

Samsung Apps in flashable package - confirmed working
    Polaris Office (working)
    Music Hub (working)
    Games Hub (working)
    [UPGRADE]Samsung Apps Upgrade for ALL Ice Cream Sandwich ROMS - Tested and working!!!
    [PATCH]Adobe FlashPlayer &plugins - Working on desktop website for ICS[PICS]
    NANO player plug in

JUST IN CASE YOU BREEZED OVER IT AND BEFORE YOU GET EXCITED, DOWNLOAD, AND FLASH.....HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR YOU: DO A NANDROID BACKUP!

This is FYI
    [KERNEL]03.01.2011 test-kernels [CM7/MIUI/CM9 preview] platypus;SECURITY,VOODOO,OC/UV
    First step before install & kernel switch:
    Always have this cleaning script on your internal SD card ready

If you're
    - switching kernels,
    - have issues with auto-rotation,
    - the cam,
    - bootloops
    - want to remove init script
    - recover from a failed overclock attempt
    please give either:
    - lippol94's updated cleaning script (apply via CWM recovery): http://www.multiupload.com/XFH1GCK4MB
    or
    - WiwiPouPou's SYSTEM CLEANER SCRIPT (also apply via CWM recovery): (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14805606&postcount=21739)
    a try
    the kernel already applies some cleaning steps during install but sometimes that's not enough ...
    dang. i got the required files from another thread and made the changes and hey presto! bootloops. :(

XDA PRESENTS:
    THE FAIRY TAIL NOVEL

*,*'Reflections From Personal Disaster*,*​

AND...

returning back from

'THE BOOTLOOPS OF HELL!!!'

- CWR MANAGER BEST PRACTICES 101 -

The response:
    oooh ouch. Yeah mine doesn't bootloop:p. You need to get it right and you will learn from this no doubt (and I'm not being a smart arse here either).

The issue:
    I think that there is an amount of "sensitivity" with doing things via recovery compared to rootexplorer'ing things to get it done. It's usually a permissions issue in the files them selves. Check your permissions.

The learning:
    My recommendation to you would be to always keep a SD card reader handy ;) You could (if you haven't taken a nandroid backup cause you were confident - trust me i have done it) always use your ext SD card to load a new ROM (say this one for instance :D) boot into CWM and then flash from SD card and your back cooking with gas. If you continued issues because your Nand md5 is missmatched (different kernels or something?) then you could flash to an earlier base kernel (I have done this - trust me again) restore 'system' only (and leaving your data as is)if your back to the base kernel and you can roll back the system to of the ROM to the same kernel and your data will be fine (with the exception of all apps2SD you did will be goneski) but.....the phone will boot and your data will be there. Do a CWM backup of the nice "rolled back ROM" with your data all there and a sigh of relief.

I did this rolling back from RC3 to RC1 after kernel issues with RC2.

Then flash confidently your new ROM...(wipe or no wipe - I would recommend wipe at this stage and I will explain why) then restore data from the new recent CWM back up and your on your new ROM with the restored data as if you did a non-wipe install ;)

The solution:
    For you right now (so its not all in hindsight like 'Oh well thats great that can't help me now only in the future :rolleyes:' ) you have the power to excuse my pun "BACK TO THE FUTURE III" michael J fox styles :p

At the very least do a nandroid right now even with system kaput and ****ty bootloops just for the sake of keeping your data.

Then when you flash and getting back on a clean "base" and restore data from this ****ty recovery you've taken and name it appropriately too - something like 17-01-12_ICS_RC_RC_datagain (who would use a naming convertion like that? ME! Date->ICS (for the sake of knowing the system you were on at the time cause you ain't needing it at all) RC....as you'd expect, RC again for "REALLY CRAP" and datagain cause you'd only retain it to gain access to your data LOL)
    You may laugh at that but think about it...you don't wana make the silling mistake of seeing a bunch of backups with no unique identifiers (yes you - your the one that needs to uniquely identify the backup from all others that you have no idea what they were) "2011-11-05.15.31.46" and get a diget wrong or backwards looking at your cool bring blue recovery text in sized 2.5 system font and restore "2011-11-05.15.13.46" which happens to be bootloop central and then accidently restore it and think WTF did do wrong? :confused:

So then delete the CWM backup (the ****ty RC_RC_datagain one) off your SD (saves space) and THEN take a breath then a break fresh backup of new RC3.1 with the now existing data - it will keep a nice save point.

I make a habit of doing this every time just before I flash a ROM and just after once I know everything stable. As time goes I routinely go to clockwork on SD and blow away older non needed backups of ROMs. I had 3 backups of RC1 with restored apps and blank base etc etc. Keep the best of the ones and clear the rest.

The recommendations:
    This is why the CWM app by chainfire is so brilliant. It allows to you input your own "meta-data" about the backup entry into the header of the backup. i.e. standard CWM from boot doesn't it asigns a default date and time string and nothing to uniquely identify your backup. In CWM it allows you to asign your own title.

For good practice. Prefix date then ROM, kernel then status. e.g 17-01-12_ICSRC3_1_Plat_fully restored*
    *fully restored indicating all apps back up, all links from UI to apps on SD, all contacts, all messages etc.

Full factory data reset for a complete wipe and fresh install would get an suffix of "base". i.e 17-01-12_ICSRC3_1_Plat_base*
    *base would mean a clean base to get to if you need to

Something to note here is that having a base is sometimes a good starting or flashing point if you ever need go back an increment without needing to redo multiple ROMS and kernels. Like needing to go back to JVT, then CM7 and the RC1 then RC3 is a hassle. If you had a clean base of RC2 you can always run kernel cleaning script, flash fresh kernel of the ROM that you had for RC2 and then do a full restore of the backup base from RC2 and you have a fresh RC2 ROM. Then restore data from there.....from your latest backup.

Following good practices like this ensures you don't get some sort of remaining fragments of a past ROM interfering with your release upgrade ;-)

So many devs and ROM'er have the default "Oh well you should have taken a nandroid backup dude not my problem do a wipe and start again" leaving users half in tears and not really taking the time to share ways that they could help or fix things?

My App package will include CWM1.80 for everyone to use just for this purpose. Make sure you give thanks to the dev for this if you use it! It's a flashers saviour!

PS: If you want you can periodically transfer clockwork backups to a PC for safe keeping and you have all the header metadata to be able to identify them by - trust me I have at times flashed back in yonder to restore an old backup of a ROM to obtain something I wanted (SMS/MMS or what ever) and flash back again hahaha (I now have tools on my PC for extraction of this sort of info if needs be).

Eternal love and happiness of your android phone:D:D:D:D:D

the-end1.jpg
    Have you tried the 99complete sqlite at boot like Romanbb said? stated? are you using my ROM or customising your own? I will have this uploaded and testing soon.

Vibrant version 1 of my ROM is ready for release. I basically re-did the ROM, resigned and is uploading to multiupload right now

Changelog for Vibrant

See the OP for announcement soon

As i use TeamHackSung rom and not onecosmic, i didn't installed your rom.
    I try to make this working on my custom one.
    I used sqllite manager from firefox to make the changes in the base (I tryed S99complete via script manager but it freezed and didn't worked).
    FB says that it synchs but seems that no info is downloaded, very strange ...
    How did u add facebook sync?!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Seventh post down...someone asked already so gave them the entire details on how to do this them selves. They got bootloops attempting it though and I gave a response to their post (or PM? I cant remember now) giving them more tips on how they could attempt it and what the possibly cause of their their bootloops could have been? Anyway....not sure they didn't give me any details after that. I suggest flash this ROM (when its reuploaded again of course)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21495256&postcount=7

- Download links broken
    - Images links broken

:confused:

Thanks onto it.

Extracted the SNS files from your ROM and copied them to my existing ICS RC3, i am able to open the facebook log-in but it does not however allow me to log-in (blocked login i think). Is there anything that i missed? I dont to reflashed cause i already setup my phone. Thanks for any help.

Ummm posted that already that that won't work. There are far more things than just the SNS account that you will need to modify in your ROM before you can access facebook synch. This too is a samsung bit of functionality. I dare say that this might have to do with either the build prop OR the twframework OR the twframework jar file, or the twpermissions XML file or all of OR even none of them? I don't know the answer to that because you didn't flash my ROM? Sorry I can't help any further. I suggest also maybe read the 7th post like I suggested to the guy above and see if you want to attempt it your self?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21495256&postcount=7

come on get the links fixed .. cant w8 to try^^

Thats what I like to here! Thanks man. Means a lot to hear someone can't wait for my ROM :)

Good news is....its on its way. I'm on multiupload now so I have it uploading as we speak :D I should have been more ready for something like this - silly me trying to be a new dev lol and didn't expect things to screw up like this lol.

20% complete in first upload - I will make it the generic JVT ROM.

Pics being uploaded in alternate places also.
    Oh crapola...I dreaded this may happen? I tried SkyDrive lastnight but had a max limit of 100mb each file? I can do an incremental upload (split zip into 2) but that is really dodgy **** and I don't like doing it that way....leave it with me and I will attempt to fix this by opting for an alternative cloud storage space.