Cheap Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

t00ny45

Mar 6, 2011
I just went through like 3-4 protectors by applying them and then removing them because of bubbles and dust.

I'm trying to find a good screen protector that's not too expensive, has a cutout just in the middle for the speaker. I don't really like having holes all around my protector. Tried on eBay, but most of them have similar images, plus I'm fairly sure 90% of them come from the same place. Does anyone know any good protectors, I don't care if they're with a wet application, or tempered glass, or flimsy plastic. I just want to have something on my screen, but not notice it all the time.

Last edited:

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
I just went through like 3-4 protectors by applying them and then removing them because of bubbles and dust.

I'm trying to find a good screen protector that's not too expensive, has a cutout just in the middle for the speaker. I don't really like having holes all around my protector. Tried on eBay, but most of them have similar images, plus I'm fairly sure 90% of them come from the same place. Does anyone know any good protectors, I don't care if they're with a wet application, or tempered glass, or flimsy plastic. I just want to have something on my screen, but not notice it all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Invisi...&qid=1393559871&sr=8-1&keywords=amfilm+moto+g

Awesome quality plastic screen protector. Well worth $5 for 3. Here's my review: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2641859

insanezz

Jan 3, 2014
I'm also thinking about buying this orzly tempered screen protector.

But I'm wondering if it affects the quality of the front cam (altough it isn't that great) and if the sensors (light and proximity) still work properly because as i can see in the comments over at amazon, there is only a cut out for the speaker grill.

Also how is the touch responsiveness after applying the protector?

Would love to hear your thoughts :)

jonovw

Dec 29, 2012
Christchurch

But I'm wondering if it affects the quality of the front cam (altough it isn't that great) and if the sensors (light and proximity) still work properly because as i can see in the comments over at amazon, there is only a cut out for the speaker grill.

I have been using mine for a few months now and have noticed no loss in touch responsiveness. The screen will feel different after installing the screen protector, but this is much nicer than any plastic ones I tried. The front cam works fine. I don't use the light sensor but I would assume it works, since the proximity sensor works perfectly.
This is definitely worth the extra money over cheap plastic ones, and I don't even notice a difference.

Reactions: insanezz

Jackobyte

Mar 22, 2011

I got the cheaper Hong Kong one from eBay instead of the Orzly one and have been delighted with it. It has a cut-out for the camera and the sensors. The speaker cut-out extends to the right for the sensors as you can see here (****ty webcam photo).

I didn't notice much difference in terms of touch response. The extreme edges can be unresponsive if you are trying to draw in snapchat but I'm not sure whether it was the same without the protector.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I came across this tempered glass screen protector from Orzly on Amazon UK. It costs less than £6 delivered.
    Edit - price has now gone up

http://amzn.to/19VMPso

Orzly accessories get pretty good reviews and their tempered glass screen protector for the Nexus 5 was generally recommended on XDA before the price went up. Definitely worth a try at this price.

Looks like Nillkin now do one for £9.99 delivered. I have a Nillkin tempered glass protector on my Nexus 5 and it's great

http://amzn.to/1jsJTEc
    It's a shame they don't ship to other countries than UK, I think. (at least, they don't ship to Portugal)
    Got mine today, ordered before the amazon price went up... Ive never used a glass screen protector before and didn't realise how bad plastic ones are.
    It's a perfect fit, other that one spec of dust about 2mm from the edge you'd never know there was a screen protector on!
    No camera or senior holes, just a speaker hole, but everything seems to work just fine.
    Got the glass one in from hong Kong. Came extremely well packed and got it installed in about a minute.
    It fits the phone perfectly and feels much better than then plastic protector that I had on the phone before hand. I am still trying to decide if it has made the touch screen less responsive, but I believe that it is more than worth it.

Any additional questions just let me know.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app