[Q] Should we just accept that T-Mobile wifi calling will never come to GPE ROMs?

Search This thread

Chrono86

Nov 3, 2008
I'll try not to rant here.

I love my HTC One. And T-Mobile. But no GSM carrier works in my condo. So I'm required to have wifi calling. And I really, really hate any manufacturer skins. I want to be able to use stock Android, and despise having to be stuck using this Sense nonsense.

Is anyone actively working on getting T-Mobile's wifi calling to work with stock Android ROMs? Or has it been determined impossible at this point?

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA

I love my HTC One. And T-Mobile. But no GSM carrier works in my condo. So I'm required to have wifi calling. And I really, really hate any manufacturer skins. I want to be able to use stock Android, and despise having to be stuck using this Sense nonsense.

Is anyone actively working on getting T-Mobile's wifi calling to work with stock Android ROMs? Or has it been determined impossible at this point?
It isn't impossible, T-Mobile released the Wi-Fi calling framework so third-party developers could incorporate it. But, very few have bothered to do so.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

Why don't you sideload the Google Now Launcher, replace the HTC Stock apps with the Google equivalents on a Sense-based ROM, if WiFi calling is so important to you ??

Chrono86

Nov 3, 2008
Why don't you sideload the Google Now Launcher, replace the HTC Stock apps with the Google equivalents on a Sense-based ROM, if WiFi calling is so important to you ??

I've installed the Google Now Launcher which is a bit of an improvement. However it doesn't give me the nice transparent statusbar with a shadow that all the screenshots show. It instead gives a semi-transparent statusbar with a border. I've installed various xposed mods to make it fully transparent but that results in some glitchy behavior (opening certain apps makes the statusbar turn white)