Trade Infuse for HTC Inspire?

Search This thread

sdmlsu1

Sep 28, 2011
Just curious...

I have the option to trade my Infuse for an HTC Inspire (non HD version). Both phones are in like new condition. I know many of you have multiple phones so any advice?

jvanlew

Before deciding on the Infuse back in August 2011, I considered buying the Inspire but I found that the screen was not as clear and bright. It reminded me of old, grainy LCD monitors. I also don't really like SenseUI but that is an easy fix with root/custom ROM.

I would also check out their forum on XDA to see how they're doing over there (I do this with EVERY phone I think about purchasing, lol). I have heard HTC offers codes to unlock the bootloader for most of their devices so that's a plus also. If you plan on rooting it and loading custom ROMs, I would also definitely check the CyanogenMod and MIUI sites to see if they offer ROMs for it. Every little bit helps.

YMMV but seeing as how they're very comparable in the spec department, you should seriously consider it. I know I did. :)

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
I've known a few people with the HTC Inspire and it's by far one of the worst phones I've ever seen. Now, granted that's probably 90% due to HTC's ****ty software, and a custom ROM would probably help it out immensely (I tried to convince my friends to let me put a custom ROM on, but they'd prefer to just whine about how much they hate their phone *shrug*).

I would suggest that you take caution in swapping for that phone. The Infuse is by far a better phone, but the development community is dead, which is why, I assume, you'd want to trade it. Otherwise there's no reason to trade.

sdmlsu1

Sep 28, 2011
My only reason for considering it is my mother has the HTC and likes it better due to the size, easier to txt. The screens don't even compare. I have no issues with my Infuse and would have to flash back to stock for her but I don't want to swap for a phone that doesn't handle custom ROMS, Apps well etc. I was just thinking about helping her out. The size is no biggie for me.

Thanks for the input

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I have an htc inspire running abcession ics 4.0.3 OC to 1.92g and it is amazinglly fast and smooth.... its all up to what YOU want bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

AJerman

Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
My only reason for considering it is my mother has the HTC and likes it better due to the size, easier to txt. The screens don't even compare. I have no issues with my Infuse and would have to flash back to stock for her but I don't want to swap for a phone that doesn't handle custom ROMS, Apps well etc. I was just thinking about helping her out. The size is no biggie for me.

Thanks for the input

I'm guessing you mention size because the Inspire is smaller. Honestly, the Infuse FEELS smaller to me. The Infuse is a little bit taller, it's width dimensions are nearly the same, and it's quite a bit thinner which gives it a smaller feel to me. I find the Infuse much better feeling in the hand than almost any 4.3" phone due to it's thin lightweight design. Being that it's only a tenth of an inch wider, I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference in texting for her.

Most important factor is you said flashing back to stock for her. This is where a HUGE warning flag pops up. HTC's Sense UI is absolute dog **** on that phone. It crashes frequently, it slows the phone down incredibly. That phone has turned more people to iPhones than any other Android phone I know. If you'd be running stock software, then I HIGHLY suggest you avoid the Inspire. Sense used to be something you WANTED on a phone, and Sense 4.0 looks like it's getting better again, but for a while there I wouldn't have taken a phone with a Sense based UI if you paid me. If you're willing to put a custom ROM on it for her, then the Inspire has some decent ICS ROMs as dman mentioned, and probably even pretty good Senseless GB ROMs, but stock, no way. It reminds me of the original stock version of Eclair on the Captivate. Slow as dirt. At least that's my opinion and the impression I got from using several friends' Inspires.

Last edited:

sdmlsu1

Sep 28, 2011
I'm guessing you mention size because the Inspire is smaller. Honestly, the Infuse FEELS smaller to me. The Infuse is a little bit taller, it's width dimensions are nearly the same, and it's quite a bit thinner which gives it a smaller feel to me. I find the Infuse much better feeling in the hand than almost any 4.3" phone due to it's thin lightweight design. Being that it's only a tenth of an inch wider, I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference in texting for her.

Most important factor is you said flashing back to stock for her. This is where a HUGE warning flag pops up. HTC's Sense UI is absolute dog **** on that phone. It crashes frequently, it slows the phone down incredibly. That phone has turned more people to iPhones than any other Android phone I know. If you'd be running stock software, then I HIGHLY suggest you avoid the Inspire. Sense used to be something you WANTED on a phone, and Sense 4.0 looks like it's getting better again, but for a while there I wouldn't have taken a phone with a Sense based UI if you paid me. If you're willing to put a custom ROM on it for her, then the Inspire has some decent ICS ROMs as dman mentioned, and probably even pretty good Senseless GB ROMs, but stock, no way. It reminds me of the original stock version of Eclair on the Captivate. Slow as dirt. At least that's my opinion and the impression I got from using several friends' Inspires.

I meant that I would flash my Infuse back to stock for her but wanted to be able to flash solid ROMs to the Inspire for myself. IDK, I have no issues at all with my Infuse but I didn't want to get stuck with a shotty phone. We'll see just wanted some input in case I swapped.

Thanks Peeps

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Your exactly right... the inspirebis extremely slow and laggy stock... it needs a custom rom to run at its full potential

AJerman

Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
I meant that I would flash my Infuse back to stock for her but wanted to be able to flash solid ROMs to the Inspire for myself. IDK, I have no issues at all with my Infuse but I didn't want to get stuck with a shotty phone. We'll see just wanted some input in case I swapped.

Thanks Peeps

Oh, I completely misunderstood because I didn't read well enough! Yeah, I dunno, that's a tough choice. For one I think the Infuse is an entirely better phone than the Inspire, but the Inspire isn't that far behind and does have some decent ICS ROMs where the Infuse doesn't, so that's tempting. I don't think I could give up my SAMOLED+ screen though.

DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
Brother had an inspire before i got the infuse. I find the inspire to be thicker and heavier than the infuse. Those are big problems with me especially when the infuse runs with a bigger screen and battery. Plus once you go super amoled you just cant go back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

trdsnow

Jan 11, 2011
Between the infuse and inspire, I'd take the Infuse just because its thinner and has a better screen.

I wish HTC came out with a thinner phone. Of all the factory UI's, I enjoy HTC's the most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JerseyScottie

Dec 23, 2010
lake hiawatha, NJ
before coming to the infuse i had the htc inspire..the infuse is DEFINITELY a step up in my opinion. A lot of bugs on the inspire including issues that many were finding, as well as myself, that when you used the flash on the camera the phone would restart itself.

secretasianman

Apr 16, 2007
I still have my Inspire. DO NOT TRADE FOR AN INSPIRE.

1) Screen sucks.. Seriously all washed out.
2) Lack of codec support. Playback of MKVs sucked even with other players.
3) Stupid useless unibody design makes it heavy and impossible to replace the 1280mAh battery with a higher capacity one.
4) No internal storage.
5) The camera sucks.... Ok maybe it's not the camera but instead the software. Videos and pics are compressed much more than the Infuse. Oh... The lens sticks out like a nipple. WTF HTC?
6) No HDMI-out if that matters to you.

6 cons off the top of my head. HTC really dropped the ball with the Inspire. Dumbasses.

Reactions: Erik_T

brorex

May 19, 2007
Colorado
I've had the infuse for quite sometime and picked up a inspire a while back on Craigslist and have to admit I haven't really used the infuse since. I'm running ice cold sandwich on my inspire and its smooth and fast. but really its ones personal preference but myself I like the inspire but they are both great phones with great roms to use get both and switch back and forth :D

Sent from HTC Inspire Ice Cold Sandwich 4.0.3

koriotto

Sep 16, 2009
Monterrey
Man i got both phones and DO NOT trade the beautiful infuse for the Inspire 4G i repeat DO NOT trade!.

The build of the Inspire "feels" kinnda better being heavier and having a nice design but BELIEVE ME that 1230 mAh batery does down FAST, the camera does not compare to the Infuse camera, and the screen quality on the Infuse is just not reached by the Inspire.
They are both GOOD phones, thats why i bought em both but I you can only have one, keep the Infuse ALWAYS.

G_T

Apr 7, 2011
San Diego, CA
Don't do ittt!

I just traded my old Inspire for an Infuse about two weeks ago. Let me tell you that it is one of the better choices I've made! I would stick with the Infuse for the screen alone, the Super AMOLED screen is beautiful! Probably the easiest screen to read in daylight that I've ever seen. Apart from that, the processor (at stock speeds) is faster and I also find the camera to be better on the Infuse (software maybe? Cause aren't the cameras the same?)

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
My inspire is running Abcession by the collective ICS 4.0.3 and it makes my infuse look sad... apparently you don't know how to set that inspire up... its a beast. Able of OC to 2.1 ghz on ics... its a beast...period

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The dev community is dead huh... must be on a different infuse forum than I am bro.

I still have my Inspire. DO NOT TRADE FOR AN INSPIRE.

1) Screen sucks.. Seriously all washed out.
    2) Lack of codec support. Playback of MKVs sucked even with other players.
    3) Stupid useless unibody design makes it heavy and impossible to replace the 1280mAh battery with a higher capacity one.
    4) No internal storage.
    5) The camera sucks.... Ok maybe it's not the camera but instead the software. Videos and pics are compressed much more than the Infuse. Oh... The lens sticks out like a nipple. WTF HTC?
    6) No HDMI-out if that matters to you.

6 cons off the top of my head. HTC really dropped the ball with the Inspire. Dumbasses.
    Yes... aosp ics kills gb ...the ports are buggy...

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda premium